No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohls seems to think they aren't going to do much besides review data in the May-June meetings.
    http://www.mystatesman.com/news/spor...ef=cbTopWidget
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Bohls seems to think they aren't going to do much besides review data in the May-June meetings.
      http://www.mystatesman.com/news/spor...ef=cbTopWidget
      Lol. Now that's the Big 12 and the Bob Bowlsby that we all know and love........lets slow this thing down cause we're moving to fast. Lol
      If you read the entire article, Bohls goes on to mention another potential road block to getting anything done in the Big12.......it appears that Texas AD Mike Perrin is a lame duck AD with 2 years remaining on his contract.
      My prediction is that Bowlsby will now have to wait for the next AD at Texas to be hired so he knows which direction to go. In other words....we're gonna have to wait around again with no assurance that Texas is going to agree to expansion
      Last edited by blackattack; 03-16-2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• A while back I saw somebody state that if the move to the Big 12 looks imminent, there is a chance that the ACC may jump in with an offer for UC/UCONN because they are the last viable options for the ACC, and they would like to further marginalize the Big 12. I don't put much stock in it and I can't remember the link, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• I don't like being a pessimist but I really don't think the Big 12 will expand. I believe the league will probably fall apart before expansion happens. It appears this league is penny wise & dollar foolish!
          Just my humble opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
            It appears this league is penny wise & dollar foolish!
            You misspelled University of Texas there, I think.

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by lobot View Post

you misspelled university of texas there, i think.
              lol............................................... ..................................

Comment

• On a positive, even the rumor of someone like Oliver Luck taking over at UT Austin is encouraging, though it could be too little too late for the league
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Now we've got big 12 coaches calling out LHN.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-it-eliminated
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Now we've got big 12 coaches calling out LHN.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-it-eliminated

In this article Okie State head coach Mike Gundy says "I don't see anyone coming into this league, Gundy said. Who you going to get? You need strong football history, tradition, some type of television market. They want schools that have reputation academically. That market is not out there right now."
                    

LOL. Hubris is alive and well in the Big12. Hey Mike Gundy, you reside in a state (Oklahoma) whose total population is barely twice that of metro Cincinnati........and you're saying there's nobody out there with a TV market worth considering??? Hahaha. Remember this is the conference that also wouldn't take Louisville. With the exception of Boren, these Big12 guys are all cut from the same cloth......they live in their little southwestern bubble and really believe that the college football world revolves around them. It's funny to watch them. Their incompetence is going to end up killing their little Texas based conference.
                    Last edited by blackattack; 03-23-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• So much for keeping it to themselves. Ha!

Comment

• Kirk Schulz , the President at at K-State is leaving for Washington State. Schulz was the Presidents' spokesperson at this latest round of Big 12 meetings and an advocate of expansion. He's also on the NCAA executive committee.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Does president change at K-State impact the process? I don't think so because the board/trustees had to already support expansion if Schulz was advocate. They will bring in new president and tell her/him to be an advocate.

Comment

• I don't know that it changes the process itself but Schulz was in favor of expansion and was also a personal friend of Ono's. It might be premature to say we lost an ally because we don't know the stance of their board or what the interim successor may think but having someone whose position was definitely in our favor can't help any. There's also some speculation out there that the AD might be on his way out due to lack of support now that the president is leaving.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 03-27-2016, 08:23 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• DMN reporting the next person in line for the Big 12 chair is actually David Boren.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

DMN reporting the next person in line for the Big 12 chair is actually David Boren.

One day, Santa Ono can lead it

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X