Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    What you're going to see here I think is some vote trading. We know we have 7 votes with Texas, TCU and Tech voting against. One of those schools will trade the 8th vote on UC to get a vote from the other 7 on Houston.
    Are you referring to a 2 or 4 team expansion proposal? Or is that the number of votes a school has and the horsetrading determines if need 2 or 4 to get to quorum on each school?
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Separate question - I know people are cutting the cord with ESPN having lost as many as 7 million subscribers over the past few years at roughly $7 per subscriber per ESPN family block. HAs ESPN lost viewer ship and ratings? Advertising dollars drive the TV revenue stream, and many of us are keeping cable/satellite just to watch live sports. The ESPN Family already has ABC. With digital TV, could ESPN open broadcast content? I don't think they'd want it to compete with their ESPN families and not directly against other games shown on ABC, but they could release some content to an open broadcast earlier in the day to go against CBS or NBC (and other ESPN content).

I've watched both football and basketball games on my computer streaming on ESPN3 and was not impressed with the quality. If given the choice, I'd much rather use a digital receiver and watch it on TV. This may help the Networks place additional content and sell advertising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        What you're going to see here I think is some vote trading. We know we have 7 votes with Texas, TCU and Tech voting against. One of those schools will trade the 8th vote on UC to get a vote from the other 7 on Houston.
        So the rumor is that the texas schools suport Houston and Byu at 11 and 12? Basically screw the north division and Wv. Go Mountaineers! ha.

Comment

• http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...cenario-080416 Seems to believe that the Big 12 will add two and that it will be Houston and Cincinnati.

Comment

• One Cougars' fan perspective on the networks:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=16251745

For those that think the BIG12 wont expand because of the networks
            IMO before the Spring meetings the BIG12 was trying to negotiate a BIG12 network and both ESPN and Fox told them its just not in the cards because of the current market climate. The BIG12 did not like hearing this but was okay with it. At that time they did not want to expand and use the Pro Rata option and keep things civil.

Then the BIG12 started hearing that ESPN was working with the ACC on their new network that starts in 2019 and the BIG12 was like wait a minute you just told us that it was not going to work for us but it works for the ACC? This had to upset all of the BIG12 egos.

The BIG12 does not care if they cause waves with ESPN and are going to expand. I still beleive that 14 is very much on the table. Even if they renegotiate and get a BIG12 network they will need to expand to get the inventory.

Keep calm people. The roller coaster is not over and we will continue with the ups and down. I'm not convinced that we are a lock or things are already done like some have reported but are chances are still very good.

Just my two cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Are you referring to a 2 or 4 team expansion proposal? Or is that the number of votes a school has and the horsetrading determines if need 2 or 4 to get to quorum on each school?
              Either or. Horsetrading is where it's at. I think we'll get to needed amount. Not sure about BYU. Houston gets there if the trading is successful. If it is 14 I really have no idea who's 14 but I would think UConn based on sports and academics combination. Academically UConn is actually the leader of the bunch unless you want to throw Tulane in. Can't remember if I mentioned this on here but Tulane was in the final 3 during the last go around in the Big 12 because of the AAU affiliation and they took WVU and TCU instead on the combination of sports and academics.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Can't wait for the thread, Big 12 in 2017!

Comment

• Fluguar is dumping some more details right now for those interested. It's about the FOX/ESPN negotiations. Sounds like the Big12 could be willing to not expand but the networks won't give them enough money to hold it back. I think we end up with 2 expansion teams... hopefully we make the cut

Comment

• Also saying there's more than 2 voting factions... so it isn't just Texas vs. the rest as we thought. My guess is the western schools like Kansas and K-State and possibly Iowa State are in favor of CSU/BYU or Memphis because they are closer to their side over someone like UConn but who knows anymore.

Comment

• At least part of the negotiations pertain to B12's willingness to accept reduced ESPN/Fox payouts for the addition of 4 teams.

Comment

• Per Greg Flugaur as he tweets an info dump from his source at OU (he gave the source location no names):

"WVU promoting UC!"
                        Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-05-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Per Greg Flugaur as he tweets an info dump from his source at OU (he gave the source location no names):

"Ok St promoting UC too, along with Memphis" Tweet said "people (a person) at Ok State is promoting UC and Memphis"
                          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-05-2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

"Most likely block to get eight votes includes UC, along with UConn, BYU, and Houston"
                            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-05-2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Maybe someone should tell this guy how to spell Cincinnati. It might make him a little more credible.

Comment

• http://www.vivathematadors.com/2016/...t-region-final Just more fun stuff. Interesting to see Houston knocked out and UC as the favorite.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X