No announcement yet.

USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's Pete Thamel's latest take on realignment ($). One interesting factoid is that the current head of the P12 governing body is the WA prez. That could be awkward, if she's trying to get the Huskies out of the P12.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ble-amid-chaos

Comment

Pac-12 statement: "The Pac-12 Board of Directors met this morning and authorized the Conference to immediately begin negotiations for its next media rights agreements."

Comment

as Barles Charkley once said "Turrrrible" timing. https://www.on3.com/news/pac-12-begi...ment-usc-ucla/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

6 schools are talking with the Big 12.
          CFB expansion: Big 12 in "deep discussions" to add Pac-12 teams (msn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            ”Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah were mentioned specifically as the teams being targeted by the Big 12, sources tell CBS Sports. There is also consideration of adding Oregon and Washington to make the Big 12 an 18-team league, the largest in the FBS.”

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

”Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah were mentioned specifically as the teams being targeted by the Big 12, sources tell CBS Sports. There is also consideration of adding Oregon and Washington to make the Big 12 an 18-team league, the largest in the FBS.”
              Unless I’m mistaken, the Big 12 would be the only conference with teams in all 4 time zones.

Comment

I hate being pessimistic, although, if you knew me. My pessimism is usually followed with a witty joke about the situation. I just hope on this journey from P6 to P5 to the possible P2 this article mentions, that the Bearcats ends the cycle of getting into the big leagues, only to have the goal post being moved on them. At least they seem to have a buffer currently as the Pac12 seems to be on more unstable footing than the Big12. But who knows what back door shenanigans are being pulled by the Networks.

BTW, this article is behind a paywall. But I was able to read it in its entirety by toggling the reader view.
                The Big Ten is open for business. The Pac-12 is scrambling. The ACC is hanging on for dear life. And it's about to get even weirder.

Comment

The latest on a Big 12 forum.
                  Talks are underway and suddenly there are 6 (247sports.com)

Comment

Here's the big article that everything is going off of on the 6 teams. Something bothers me here. Dodd works for CBS which isn't a player in all this mess. He also has some big misses on the rumor mill from time to time.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ns-to-big-ten/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Here's the big article that everything is going off of on the 6 teams. Something bothers me here. Dodd works for CBS which isn't a player in all this mess. He also has some big misses on the rumor mill from time to time.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ns-to-big-ten/
                      Perhaps it is the low quality of Dennis' work, his apparent lack of inside sources as demonstrated by his many misses, and not just that CBS doesn't have a ball in play.

However; what if CBS is looking at the Big 12 to fill the void of losing SEC to ESPN? Maybe, just maybe, there are CBS stakes at play and having teams in four time zones could let them showcase three games every Sat.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

However; what if CBS is looking at the Big 12 to fill the void of losing SEC to ESPN? Maybe, just maybe, there are CBS stakes at play and having teams in four time zones could let them showcase three games every Sat.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Whenever a TV outlet meddles with realignment, they tend to have a vested interest.

Comment

• From Jon Wilner, the original breaker of the UCLA + USC to Big Ten news:

Source: “I’d be stunned if Washington and Oregon go to the Big Ten. The Big Ten will sit back for two years, then try to get Notre Dame”

Growing reality is the Ducks and Huskies have to 1) make it work in the #Pac12 or 2) join the Big 12.

My guess: 1) is their preference

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            From Jon Wilner, the original breaker of the UCLA + USC to Big Ten news:

Source: “I’d be stunned if Washington and Oregon go to the Big Ten. The Big Ten will sit back for two years, then try to get Notre Dame”

Growing reality is the Ducks and Huskies have to 1) make it work in the #Pac12 or 2) join the Big 12.

My guess: 1) is their preference
                            Though I am hopeful they decide to pursue joining the Big 12 if CU, AZ, AZ St, and UT apply and are accepted to the Big 12.

P.S. - This means some Pac 12 teams joining the Big 12 since merger was refused because Pac 12 wanted Big 12 to drop BYU (politics) and UCF (distance).
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This means some Pac 12 teams joining the Big 12 since merger was refused because Pac 12 wanted Big 12 to drop BYU (politics) and UCF (distance).
                              I''ve seen this a few times but does anyone have any idea who the source was on this? Since contracts have been signed with those schools, I have a hard time thinking it's actually true. That would put one conference or the other on the hook for all kinds of contract penalties into the millions. If you're the Big 12 why would you do this even if the PAC 12 demanded it? No one will trust you in contract negotations ever again.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Some Big 12 fans are calling for a merger and kick out the three religious schools. Remember that the old Big East kicked out a school for lack of football production.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X