No announcement yet.

USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's nice to be mentioned as SEC/BIg 10 candidates. You can now go bet on our chances. 5th best odds to join B10 and 7th best odds to join SEC.

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status...41131005153282

Comment

• ^ The SEC would probably be the only bet. Cincinnati does not add market to the B1G but it would add tosu area to the SEC.

Comment

• Random Observation: Has anyone noticed how hard the ESPN properties are pushing the whole ND to the Big 10 thing? I think if I were NBC, I'd fire up the legal eagles. Case in point: ($)

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pendent-status
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ^Meanwhile, CBS is pushing 4-6 PAC schools to join the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

No thanks ACC. The Big 12 is a better fit. The Big 12 offers better tv revenue and overall competition in all sports. An ACC invite would've been great ten years ago. Now it is too little too late.
            I disagree. You are 100% correct that 10 years ago would have been better for us, but we have really changed our profile since then so we are comparing apples and oranges. We are now much more appealing to everybody (but talk of SEC or Big10 for UC is probably crazy).The only rivalry and convenient travel opponent in the Big 12 is gonna be WVU. The rest might be financially more attractive (which is driving the whole argument) but will not be attractive opponents once the luster wears off in a couple years. The ACC, as it currently stands, would be a great fit with better rivals and travel logistics but its about to be picked over pretty hard so things will change drastically.
            With everyone wooing everyone, the ball is really up for grabs. I really see either the Big12 or the ACC imploding depending on how these mergers play out. Whoever wins the merger sweepstakes will position themselves as one of the 4 major conferences and be a driving force going forward. I hope its the Big12 and UC doesn't get left at the alter again, but truly dread the coast to coast travel for our teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

The rest might be financially more attractive (which is driving the whole argument) but will not be attractive opponents once the luster wears off in a couple years. The ACC, as it currently stands, would be a great fit with better rivals and travel logistics.
              Better rivals? Who in the ACC is a “better rival” other than Louisville?

Travel logistics? I’m sorry..:but there is no difference between flying to Miami, FL or Houston, TX, or Blacksburg, VA or Manhattan, Kansas. Either way they have to get on a plane and stay in hotel. T

Comment

• This article is a little bit depressing. Conference realignment: Phil Knight resorts to cold calling for Oregon as Pac-12, Big 12, ACC seek lifelines - CBSSports.com
                If I were Boston College, Wake Forest, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Miss St., Kentucky, and others, I would be worried as well because by 2030 it could be a whole different ball game.

Comment

• I still think we will end up with a power 4 of some sort even though revenue will be vastly different. There's too many good teams and big10/sec aren't going to go-to 30 teams each

Comment

• You don't think the Big Ten will go to 28 and divide up into the Leaders North/South and Legends East/West?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                      I still think we will end up with a power 4 of some sort even though revenue will be vastly different. There's too many good teams and big10/sec aren't going to go-to 30 teams each
                      You may be right with four "major conferences". I think that it will come down to two major conferences of some form of the B1G and SEC. However, I do not think that some of those current teams within those conferences will remain there. My thought is that the SEC will kick out the underperformers and add teams like Clemson. I keep hearing how NC and NC State may be targeted but they are not football schools. I hear that FSU and Miami may be targeted. Neither have been relevant for a decade (or more) but Miami brings a huge TV market. The B1G will also kick out underperformers that do not add to the value of the conference. I suspect that the next lower tier 2 conferences will be made up of the best of the "kicked out" SEC and B1G teams, the remaining ACC, Big 12, and PAC. That two-tiered conference league will be just above the MAC, AAC, and Mt. West. Nobody is going to get the TV money deals like the B1G and SEC but the "next two" will have significantly more that the remaining group of 6 or 7. I see more Big East basketball conferences being formed with the likes of Duke, Wake Forest, Kansas, Arizona, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, etc. The only thing that will stop this is an anti-trust lawsuit or collusion charge.

-Also, we may start seeing the lower teams playing Sunday through Friday.
                      Last edited by bearcatbret; 07-09-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Here is an interesting article from yet another prognosticator.... The Big 12 will have around $50 m per school where the PAC will have around $30. For Pac-12 schools who want to apply, the Big 12 is the better option - Vanquish The Foe

Comment

• TV telling Big 12 that Oregon and Washington not worth it. Now is this because TV is attempting to salvage the PAC or is it that TV is trying to get Washington and Oregon to the BIG or are they trying to minimize the Big 12? You tell me.
                          TV Advisors Suggest Big 12 Avoid Oregon, Washington (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            TV telling Big 12 that Oregon and Washington not worth it. Now is this because TV is attempting to salvage the PAC or is it that TV is trying to get Washington and Oregon to the BIG or are they trying to minimize the Big 12? You tell me.
                            TV Advisors Suggest Big 12 Avoid Oregon, Washington (heartlandcollegesports.com)
                            I think you are right on. I smell the same rat. Any comments from a TV network are self serving.

Comment

• Wilner on the PAC 12 Big 12 merger alliance thing.

https://sports360az.com/2022/07/wiln...th-the-big-12/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Per Saturday Down South (which is a legit source) , the SEC presidents have opted to stay at 16 teams.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X