USC and UCLA to leave the PAC 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Some Big 12 fans are calling for a merger and kick out the three religious schools. Remember that the old Big East kicked out a school for lack of football production.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see fans put that in writing on social media or fan boards. I would be absolutely shocked to see a school president or chancelor say it, much less actually vote to do it.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see fans put that in writing on social media or fan boards. I would be absolutely shocked to see a school president or chancelor say it, much less actually vote to do it.
      I agree with you. It seemed odd that some people would single out the "religious" schools. I think all three of them have competitive teams and I would rather have them in UC's conference than a couple of the PAC teams. Oh, rumors of the PAC forming some sort of "merger" with the ACC - ACC rumors build as Pac-12 tries to save itself (and stick it to the Big Ten) (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

My social media would say to keep the religious schools, and leave out the California schools. I'm sure BYU has a larger national footprint than Stanford or Cal.

Comment

• BTY, the teams mentioned about joining the Big 12 from the PAC 12 are all saying that they are staying. Does this sound familiar? Report: 4 Pac-12 teams meeting with Big 12 about possible move (yahoo.com)

Comment

• I prefer a B12 P12 merger to form the Big 12 Pac (we all know the numbers are meaningless anymore.)
            Josh Rexhausen
            CE'99

Comment

• The 2PAC Alliance. Who says no?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• How about the 12 Pac Alliance!

Comment

• I really don't think that the California teams add value. They do not fill their stadiums, they do not bring viewers to the TV, they are losing football fans left and right. I saw a prediction that soccer is going to be the number one sport at those schools by the end of the decade. I say that pick the six that are being talked about and then wait for the ACC to implode.

Comment

• Colorado Board of Regents meeting tomorrow. Second meeting in three days.

Comment

• The boys down in Memphis are feeling left out. For those fellow geezers out there who grew up listening to the likes of Dusty Springfield in the '60s, the Tigers are "Wishin' and Hopin' ".

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...nt/7832318001/

Comment

• Here's the latest from Pete Thamel of espn.com ($). Essentially, he cautions against anyone thinking realignment is being rushed through. Kliavkoff has convinced the remaining P12 school to crunch the numbers before considering any movement. Thamal also says that the contacts between the B12 and "Four Corner" schools hasn't been as deep as reported (although there has been contact).

Every party's CFO's are hard at work to provide the data needed to make any decisions. In the case of the B12, the data will be designed to convince P12 schools to take the leap. Beyond that, he believes the P12's financial future is unlikely to generate sufficient incentive for either the P12/ACC accommodation or retaining P12 membership to be viable.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ment-questions

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                          Here's the latest from Pete Thamel of espn.com ($). Essentially, he cautions against anyone thinking realignment is being rushed through. Kliavkoff has convinced the remaining P12 school to crunch the numbers before considering any movement. Thamal also says that the contacts between the B12 and "Four Corner" schools hasn't been as deep as reported (although there has been contact).

Every party's CFO's are hard at work to provide the data needed to make any decisions. In the case of the B12, the data will be designed to convince P12 schools to take the leap. Beyond that, he believes the P12's financial future is unlikely to generate sufficient incentive for either the P12/ACC accommodation or retaining P12 membership to be viable.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ment-questions
                          Even better (but highly unlikely) , Cincinnati being mentioned a target for poaching by the ACC ...

"Would the ACC just be better off selectively poaching a few schools in major markets new to the ACC? That list could include Cincinnati, TCU, Houston, Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona State, Colorado and Oklahoma State? (Only Oklahoma State has a limited market, but it has a strong program.)"

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            The boys down in Memphis are feeling left out. For those fellow geezers out there who grew up listening to the likes of Dusty Springfield in the '60s, the Tigers are "Wishin' and Hopin' ".

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...nt/7832318001/
                            we were listening to wishin and a hopin and my wife like the song and hated the words. Time have changed since that was written.

Comment

• Really good thread here from our old friend Andrea Adelson on the GoR situation with the ACC. I’m assuming this will eventually be a column on ESPN.com

https://twitter.com/aadelsonespn/sta...hFO8ICDWO9XHuw

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by made_hand View Post

Even better (but highly unlikely) , Cincinnati being mentioned a target for poaching by the ACC ...

"Would the ACC just be better off selectively poaching a few schools in major markets new to the ACC? That list could include Cincinnati, TCU, Houston, Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona State, Colorado and Oklahoma State? (Only Oklahoma State has a limited market, but it has a strong program.)"
                                No thanks ACC. The Big 12 is a better fit. The Big 12 offers better tv revenue and overall competition in all sports. An ACC invite would've been great ten years ago. Now it is too little too late.
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X