Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting article about the future of the PAC media deal and it really is not good. It also is an in-site where watching games may be heading. Pac-12 media rights deal on hold as league awaits resolution on UCLA's Big Ten status from regents meeting (msn.com) I think that only the PAC thinks that their value is high.

Comment

I am surprised that no one has bailed from the PAC as of yet. Waiting on the new media deal or not, do you really want to stay in a league where 1 or 2 teams from your largest market are leaving or attempting to? In a world somewhere in the multiverse where UCLA does stay put, do you really think the Big Ten stays put, or add 1 to 3 teams from a mix of the ACC, Big 12 and/or PAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
        I am surprised that no one has bailed from the PAC as of yet. Waiting on the new media deal or not, do you really want to stay in a league where 1 or 2 teams from your largest market are leaving or attempting to? In a world somewhere in the multiverse where UCLA does stay put, do you really think the Big Ten stays put, or add 1 to 3 teams from a mix of the ACC, Big 12 and/or PAC?
        I think if UCLA leaves, the floodgates might open for the schools to get out of the PAC12
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I think if UCLA leaves, the floodgates might open for the schools to get out of the PAC12
          When UCLA leaves and when the PAC gets a streaming rights deal that will provide next to zero viewers, then they will bail. I just do not see any of the remaining PAC teams adding value to the Big 10. I think that the Big 10 will look towards the ACC. Remember that if enough members of the ACC vote to dissolve, they can. Some teams to the SEC some to the BIG. I think that the Big 12 is safe for now because there are no brand names with big markets.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

When UCLA leaves and when the PAC gets a streaming rights deal that will provide next to zero viewers, then they will bail. I just do not see any of the remaining PAC teams adding value to the Big 10. I think that the Big 10 will look towards the ACC. Remember that if enough members of the ACC vote to dissolve, they can. Some teams to the SEC some to the BIG. I think that the Big 12 is safe for now because there are no brand names with big markets.
            Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Agreed, the Big 12 will be safe, and some of those ACC schools not going to SEC or Big Ten might still be better off voting to dissolve and latch onto the Big 12. Ig Yormark has his pick, I can see him eventually going up to 20 teams to stay with SEC and Big Ten.

Top Pac10 targets
            Oregon
            Washington
            Utah
            Meh, none of the rest excite me

Top ACC targets (not likely to go to SEC or B!G)
            Loserville
            Pitt
            Virginia Tech
            Wake or NC State (one to SEC, but not both)

Depending on who is left, the other could vary from any of these schools: Cal, Colorado, or Georgia Tech. However, I don't see the ACC taking action to dissolve until around 2031 or 2032, which may be too late for some of the ACC teams to latch onto Big 12.

My scenario:
            SEC and B!G both add only two teams to go to 18 or 20 (both probably thinking they can pluck Big 12 teams that prove themselves over the next few years, so no one feels safe outside those two conferences)

SEC gets Fla St, Miami, and Clemson with the 4th being Wake or NC State
            Big Ten gets North Carolina, Boston College, and Virginia with 4th being Cuse or Duke. Duke only if North Carolina wants package deal to keep basketball rivalry.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

UCLA ->BIG10 official. Now we will see if the rest of the PAC starts making moves now

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                UCLA ->BIG10 official. Now we will see if the rest of the PAC starts making moves now
                I doubt that anything major happens within the P12 community until after the media proposals are known.

Comment

Here is an article about the regents' decision. It appears that UCLA will be required to supplement the University of California at Berkley's athletic fund.
                  California Regents vote to affirm UCLA’s move to Big Ten | The Sacramento Bee (sacbee.com)

Comment

Nothing new with the PAC but they expect something early in January. Pac-12 media rights: What’s next for the conference after UCLA’s (official) departure – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

Comment

Why Fresno may get invited to the Pac 12. Because UCLA and USC cannot vote against it. Fresno State makes Pac-12 statement with LA Bowl blowout | The Fresno Bee

Comment

PAC 12 players transferring to USC. I guess that the move to the Big 10 by USC may be interesting to some players. Pac-12 receiving leader Dorian Singer transfers to USC (msn.com)

Comment

Here's a piece by Stuart Mandel of theathletic.com ($) that lays out pros and cons of a possible move by George Kliavkoff to move the majority of their sports programming to Amazon. Mandel does not make any predictions as to how this ends up for the P12, but he does reference a prediction by John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal (Amazon + a few primetime games on CBS).

Mandel: Pros and cons of a Pac-12 media rights deal almost exclusively with Amazon - The Athletic

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            OMG Kliavkoff just said the Big 12 is the floor and Big Ten is the ceiling, so they will start the bidding war in the low $30 million a year for each school. Ummmm, that ain't happening!
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                              Here's a piece by Stuart Mandel of theathletic.com ($) that lays out pros and cons of a possible move by George Kliavkoff to move the majority of their sports programming to Amazon. Mandel does not make any predictions as to how this ends up for the P12, but he does reference a prediction by John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal (Amazon + a few primetime games on CBS).

Mandel: Pros and cons of a Pac-12 media rights deal almost exclusively with Amazon - The Athletic
                              It will take an already isolated group and move them even farther off the grid.

Comment

Between geography and time differential how many people east of the Rockies give a hoot about when, where, or even why, PAC12 games are aired (or, for that matter, even played)?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X