Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU appears to have screwed themselves over per Pete Thamel. They withdrew from the league, then sent a letter asking for an extension and then tried to backtrack on the withdrawal. The MWC is not going for it. No extension, and they’ve been been withdrawn from the league.

I’m not even sure what is going to happen here. It’s a cluster.

waiting on a link from Thamel here.
    Last edited by Lobot; 06-19-2023, 07:32 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think that you are on to something Brent. From the San Diego Tribune. Did the Mountain West just kick out San Diego State? (msn.com)

Comment

• More ($)

https://theathletic.com/4623718/2023...mountain-west/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Paul Finebaum suggest that the PAC will no longer be after 2026. I disagree with him because if the PAC makes it through their 2024 Media Rights, they will last beyond 2026.
          College football insider has a devastating prediction for the Pac-12 (fansided.com)

Oh, this is very interesting for the ACC fans who believe that their schools are worthy of the B1G or SEC. This is the best representation that I have seen to show the lack of television value for the ACC. The impending college football TV bubble makes next step of realignment tricky for ACC schools (msn.com)

So, as some have written, it looks like it may come down to the Power 2 then the Big 12. All others will fall behind.
          Last edited by bearcatbret; 06-20-2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            So, as some have written, it looks like it may come down to the Power 2 then the Big 12. All others will fall behind.
            I have always thought the Bearcats belonged in the Big 12 rather than the ACC. I'll admit, the allure of the ACC was basketball, but the Big 12 has proven to be the better conference for football and basketball. I kinda wish we had the invite 4-5 years earlier along with BYU, though I cannot blame UT-Austin and OU for their move to the SEC. I honestly thought the SEC would be a better fit for UC than the ACC, and it could've made sense for the SEC to "invade" a Big 10 recruiting hotbed. Oh well, I'm excited for the future because the Big 12 will be a challenge in every sport, every contest. Top to bottom, the Big 12 is better than most conferences in football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, and softball. That is to say, the middle of the Big 12 is better than the middle of every other conference, and the bottom of the Big 12 is better than the bottom of every conference. I am hopeful the next media contract will grow in pace with sEC and Big 10 as the top of the Big 12 becomes elite in the expanded Playoff.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• USF is now in the AAU and believes that it could lead to a Power 5 invite. There is one really interesting omission in this article. I wonder if you can find it. AAU membership could boost USF Athletics programs – The Oracle (usforacle.com)

Comment

USF is now in the AAU and believes that it could lead to a Power 5 invite. There is one really interesting omission in this article. I wonder if you can find it. AAU membership could boost USF Athletics programs – The Oracle (usforacle.com)
                "UCF and Houston are recent AAC schools that have gotten promoted to a Power 5 conference. The two programs will join the Big 12 starting on July 1."

Comment

• Just to keep it in the news cycle, this article says that a media rights and expansion will be announced prior to the PAC 12 football media day. I am not holding my breath. Pac-12 insider believes expansion could be announced before Pac-12 media day (msn.com)

Comment

• The AAC turns 10 years old. The American Athletic Conference turns 10 (sportsbusinessjournal.com) Only four founding members remain: Memphis, SMU, South Florida and Temple.

Comment

The AAC turns 10 years old. The American Athletic Conference turns 10 (sportsbusinessjournal.com) Only four founding members remain: Memphis, SMU, South Florida and Temple.
                      And 3 out of the 4 are trying to get to a power 5 conference. That conference was always full of people trying to get in a better conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

And 3 out of the 4 are trying to get to a power 5 conference. That conference was always full of people trying to get in a better conference.
                        I would say that all four of them are trying to get out. For sure SMU, South Florida, and Memphis.

Comment

• I'm sure that Temple have scouted around for a P5 slot. Unfortunately for the Owls, they're in the same situation that I am. I'm 73 and have no shot at dating Taylor Swift.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                            I'm sure that Temple have scouted around for a P5 slot. Unfortunately for the Owls, they're in the same situation that I am. I'm 73 and have no shot at dating Taylor Swift.
                            This is the best comment I’ve seen in a long time. Haha. Well played!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

This is the best comment I’ve seen in a long time. Haha. Well played!
                              ... Thanks!

Comment

The AAC turns 10 years old. The American Athletic Conference turns 10 (sportsbusinessjournal.com) Only four founding members remain: Memphis, SMU, South Florida and Temple.
                                Just for poops and giggles I was looking at Conference USA and saw that only UAB and Charlotte remain from when we were there. I believe UNC Charlotte even left for a spell and went to the A10 and then returned.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X