Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know this guy well but his name pops up occasionally. He’s a media consultant and appears to be credible.

https://twitter.com/jwmediadc/status...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      I don’t know this guy well but his name pops up occasionally. He’s a media consultant and appears to be credible.

https://twitter.com/jwmediadc/status...Vejy7i9nQSL1ug
      Of all of the tweets and suggested tweets Jim Williams is about as sound/reasonable as they come. While he follows ASU Sun Devils, he is not a Pac10 homer like Canzano and Wilner, nor is he posting theories like the looney tunes Greg Swaim. He tends to post facts, let readers postulate/conjecture, and responds intelligently to mst comments. I follow him because he is actually a USF grad and seems to be doing an unbiased job reporting. As to the content, I cannot blame a 4 corners resource for wanting to know if they will get same amount of linear tv coverage as the newly "promoted" schools. However, those same resources have to take into account that the networks decide which matchups get linear coverage, not just X amount of coverage for a particular school. A Colorado will get more linear coverage than Arizona simply based on where the program is today with Coach Prime. Lastly, that resource will need to factor in the total increase in tv/media revenue they could get in the Big 12 versus Pac 10, not just we get 1 more linear tv game than lowly Houston. I happen to believe that the dollar amounts will be quite different when the total Pac10 numbers are revealed, not just linear tv coverage.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• So what's the latest with SDSU??? 😂. Almost expected to hear about a PAC contract by now so they didn't screw over their future member but guess not

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          So what's the latest with SDSU??? 😂. Almost expected to hear about a PAC contract by now so they didn't screw over their future member but guess not
          I suspect that they will have to give notice prior to July 1, 2024 and join in 2025. Aztecs in a new era, Part 3: SDSU would be wise to let deadline pass while eyeing a more certain future (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I suspect that they will have to give notice prior to July 1, 2024 and join in 2025. Aztecs in a new era, Part 3: SDSU would be wise to let deadline pass while eyeing a more certain future (msn.com)
            The exit fee doubles if they do that. I dunno......
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The exit fee doubles if they do that. I dunno......
              No, they would give the one-year notice next year and join the following year. It only doubles if the give notice after June 30, 2023, to leave NEXT year.

Comment

• A problem that SDSU faces is that the MWC have already accepted the Aztecs' departure and kicked their prez from the conference board of directors. That acceptance also led to the MWC announcing that they will keep SDSU's earned distribution.

If the MWC allow the Aztecs to return (cap in-hand), the terms probably would need to be negotiated.

It doesn't appear that George Kliavkoff will be able to produce a final media deal today, which is the reason why SDSU wrote their bungled departure letter in the first place. They wanted a 30-day extension, so it's possible that Kliavkoff let them know he expected a resolution sometime in July.

For now, SDSU are in limbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

No, they would give the one-year notice next year and join the following year. It only doubles if the give notice after June 30, 2023, to leave NEXT year.
                  yeah. but, sdsu still looks like a bunch of idiots - they should fit right in, in the new PAC

Comment

• Thamel reporting that SDSU is remaining in the MWC and has withdrawn its resignation (can they do that?)
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Thamel also reported that the PAC school brass were presented with a "framework" of a potential deal, but it's far from settled. It appears likely that this will drag on for a few more weeks at least. The "framework" supposedly involves some "linear concepts", whatever that means.

As far as SDSU are concerned, if I were in charge of the MWC, I'd welcome the Aztecs back ... with a school-specific addendum to the grant-of-rights, specifying that they have to stick around for a while.

Comment

Thamel reporting that SDSU is remaining in the MWC and has withdrawn its resignation (can they do that?)
                        SDSU - "Nevermind!"

Comment

• The theory now for why the PAC did not invite SDSU and SMU to join the conference for the 2024 football season is that they do not want to share the revenue from the 2024 college football playoffs. They need to pay off their comcast fiasco, so they want to use the 2024 revenue to pay off part of that $50M. I am not sure that the PAC is that smart (maybe that greedy). Finally, a logical answer to why the Pac-12 didn’t finalize a media deal by June 30 (yahoo.com)
                          Off topic but do you think that the PAC will get two teams in the 2024 CFP?

Comment

• SDSU is over a barrel. Apparently the story is now that they sent in a letter to the MWC on June 30 saying they weren't leaving. Problem is the MWC says they already left as of July 1 2024 due to the previous letters sent. The conference is trying to get the 17M exit fee from SDSU and is witholding 6.6M in conference distributions as a down payment on that.

I'm not sure who at SDSU is responsible for this but they should probably be fired. The SDSU president looks really incompetent here as a result if it wasn't directly her fault.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...n-distribution
                            Last edited by Lobot; 07-04-2023, 09:14 AM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Several articles out today stating that the Mountain West is not letting SDSU back in. The conference (minus SDSU) will be meeting later this month to study/vote. Mountain West claims San Diego State has left conference, owes exit fee as sides remain at odds, per report - CBSSports.com

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X