X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

And it looks like they're not only going to do that, The board is signaling they are leaving the ACC and the GoR isn't going to stop them. I guess the SEC is getting them? B!G looks a little full based on today.
    Lol, I worded that poorly.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    If the PAC survives and I don't think it will, The Big 12 looks like it'll add AZ, ASU, and Utah to the current new member Colorado. Then you finally have your P4. If this is all not done after that, I have no idea what's happening.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    FSU is currently in a streaming Board meeting with 1300 viewers about what it would cost them to buy two planes for $9M. What is even going on here.
    I would say that it would cost them $9M the way that you worded it. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    FSU is currently in a streaming Board meeting with 1300 viewers about what it would cost them to buy two planes for $9M. What is even going on here.
    And it looks like they're not only going to do that, The board is signaling they are leaving the ACC and the GoR isn't going to stop them. I guess the SEC is getting them? B!G looks a little full based on today.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Illuminerdski
    replied
    All roads seem to point to the Pac-X conference becoming either the Pacific Mountain West or nothing. In either case, does this lead to the end of the Rose Bowl?

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Sources: Big Ten has begun preliminary talks to potentially add Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big...173934989.html
    Welp, that’s the end of that

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Sources: Big Ten has begun preliminary talks to potentially add Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big...173934989.html

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Paul Finebaum is a little harsh.
    “I don’t want to be the guy that keeps burying this league because I think I did it the other day, but I’m gonna keep doing it. Somebody needs to shovel dirt on this league and end this charade. It’s over for the Pac-12.”

Paul Finebaum Delivers Some Harsh Truth to Pac-12 After Latest TV Deal News (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Speculation is that Oregon, Washington and Utah are thinking that they are going to stay with the PAC because at least one of them will reach the expanded 12-team playoff every year.
    i don't follow that logic. it may work short time, but, if they stay in the pac, and the tv deal is as bad as it sounds, they'll lose visibility and recruits, and just kinda fade out and lose relevancy. eventually, the pac will get the old big east treatment, and we all know how that went.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Speculation is that Oregon, Washington and Utah are thinking that they are going to stay with the PAC because at least one of them will reach the expanded 12-team playoff every year.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Thamel reports Apple TV will likely be the main carrier of PAC 12 sports. I’ll say this, the broadcast quality on Apple TV is about 1000x better than ESPN+.

https://www.threads.net/@peterthamel...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    If you want to watch the Arizona Board of Regents meeting tonight, the link is within this article. They meet at 4:30 MDT. Here’s what reportedly happened in Pac-12’s latest media deal meeting (yahoo.com)
    From what I have read, I would think that Oregon to the Big 12 is more likely than the B1G at this point. Maybe Oregon will head to the BIG later but I doubt if it will be within this cycle of realignment.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Or does PAC become Cal, Stanford, Wazzu, Oregon St, SDSU, CSU, SMU, Boise, Tulane, Fresno some assortment. It's just hard to see Cal/Stanford letting schools with the poorer academic stigma in. They may have no choice... Next few days/weeks will be interesting to watch unfold. Might be a power struggle between MWC and PAC to see which one survives.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Oregon is gone to the B1G I think. Washington is being pretty quiet about all of this but I’m sure they have something on back channels and will most likely land in the B1G as well.

Utah might be bluffing on the steadfast PAC 12 thing but if they end up in the Big 12, let’s go. I’d rather have them than BYU frankly.

Oregon St and Wazzu are hosed and headed for the MW.

I have no idea what’s happening with ASU, Cal, Stanford and SDSU but I think it’s going to be MW.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X