X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    The Arizona Board of Regents is currently in closed executive session. That would be for both AZ and ASU

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    A 16-minute listen about conference realignment. Klatt on next wave of conference expansion: Big changes coming for Pac-12, Big Ten, and Big 12? | FOX Sports
    BTW, it is all based on the proposed media rights deal for the PAC 12.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Arizona schools are expected to announce tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Why Colorado moved to Big 12 and how shift affects Pac-12

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-big-12-pac-12

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Here is something that I had not heard before:
    "Berry Tramel wrote: "ESPN would prefer the Big 12 stays at 14. The Big 12 would like to be a good partner with ESPN. Fox does not have that clause in its contract. If suddenly Arizona, Arizona State and Utah want to come aboard, the Big 12, ESPN and those Pac-12 schools would have come together and sort it all out. Would Big 12 legacy schools be willing to take a little less — say, $30 million a year instead of $31.7 — to round the league with Arizona, Utah and Arizona State?"
    Big 12 expansion rumors swirl around Arizona, ASU, Pac-12 amid Board of Regents meeting (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    FSU is publicly talking about leaving the ACC. Do you think that they are being courted by either the B1G or SEC? Or are they just so arrogant that they think that they will have a place in the Power 2? I am not sure if the SEC would want or need another school in Florida. If the B1G picks up four PAC schools, they will not need to expand anytime soon. Speaking of the four PAC schools, recent history shows that CAL and Stanford would not add anything to basketball or football. If the B1G picks them up, is that their way of courting ND? Oh the drama. I too, am glad that we got picked up by the Big 12.
    I think FSU is angling for more money from the ACC primarily or a jump to the SEC if they can't get it. Their major complaint is they and Clemson are propping up the whole league in revenue sharing. FSU's board wants a bigger share of the pot than BC and Wake, Duke are currently getting. I'm waiting for Clemson to say something at this point. FSU is being really loud about this stuff and it might very well backfire on them.

I'll just say that the ACC schools should have never signed a GoR for that long of a period of time. That's on the schools, including FSU.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    FSU is publicly talking about leaving the ACC. Do you think that they are being courted by either the B1G or SEC? Or are they just so arrogant that they think that they will have a place in the Power 2? I am not sure if the SEC would want or need another school in Florida. If the B1G picks up four PAC schools, they will not need to expand anytime soon. Speaking of the four PAC schools, recent history shows that CAL and Stanford would not add anything to basketball or football. If the B1G picks them up, is that their way of courting ND? Oh the drama. I too, am glad that we got picked up by the Big 12.

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    Do you guys think the Big12 still would have invited us right now if Texas and OU move was announced today? Glad the timing worked out for us. Maybe we would have made the list for the ACC after those teams figure a way out
    The timing worked out well for us as long as things continue to go down a path where Big12 is in top 3 in terms of revenue and stability.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Do you guys think the Big12 still would have invited us right now if Texas and OU move was announced today? Glad the timing worked out for us. Maybe we would have made the list for the ACC after those teams figure a way out

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Per McMurphy: Arizona Board of Regents calls Thursday night meeting. Source tells @ActionNetworkHQ: “I find it hard to imagine the State of Arizona Board of Regents would be willing to allow one of its institutions to leave the Pac-12 while the other stays. That doesn't seem logical.”

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    The obsession with the $. Greed is indeed the worst vice. Saturday NFL, here we come. Tallahassee to Eugene, LA to Ohio/Michigan, could we create any worse conditions for the well-being of student/athletes (wait, they’re paid, they’re employees, coming soon are unions for these teams who will negotiate directly with the BOR’s) who will have enough skymiles to fund a small country’s travel for a decade.

Tradition doesn’t sell enough anymore as TV runs the show. Streaming will continue to be negatively rep’d by the wealthy as they see their precious millions at risk. We need all time zones! We need kickoffs from noon to 10pm, we need …..just wow. As I gain more circles around the sun, my interest in walking down the street to watch the local high school sports teams increases.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Jason Scheer (think AZ's Chad Brendel) reported that AZ, ASU & UT are deep into discussions, both among themselves and with the B12. He said that there's a chance that all three will commit by Friday.

UT were the hardest to pull away from the PAC, but the media deal fiasco was too much.
    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 08-02-2023, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Arizona State refuses to answer questions about realignment due to confidentiality. However, they did say that they are in a good spot.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    A nice summary from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg --

Today in realignment:
    - Pac-12 waiting on all schools, but especially Arizona/ASU/Utah, to decide on media rights proposal
    - B1G having initial talks about adding more West Coast schools if Pac-12 falls apart
    - Florida State president saying school needs to consider leaving ACC
    I can't wait for the Friday 5:00 news dump this week. Should be great.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    A nice summary from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg --

Today in realignment:
    - Pac-12 waiting on all schools, but especially Arizona/ASU/Utah, to decide on media rights proposal
    - B1G having initial talks about adding more West Coast schools if Pac-12 falls apart
    - Florida State president saying school needs to consider leaving ACC

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X