X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    I have a feeling Wash/Ore are going to agree to goto the B1G for a reduced rate... like half is still way more than they get to stay. I think we get all of the 4 corners and call it a day even though Utah is being snobbish. I feel a little bad for Oregon State because we've had some good games with them in the past and we were screwed over just like they are about to be but it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    At a subscription rate of $7 per month, they will need to sell a whole lot of subscriptions for a conference that rated the lowest in TV viewership last year (without USC).

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Thamel is saying it’s based on Apple TV subscriber numbers as a payout variable. Apple is not guaranteeing them a bottom line number here.

You can’t budget for Athletics based that big of a variable IMO

Realistically they could crush it on subscribers and it might be a better deal than the Big 12 payout but I don’t want to be the person at any member school that has to explain a revenue miss because people canceled their streaming subscription everywhere east of Utah. The PAC 12 viewership numbers are already low and now you’re mostly missing the LA TV market.

Hello to Arizona and whoever else that decides to head for the exits.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Early leaks about the PAC media rights deal is that it is in the low $20M per school and is streaming heavy. Pac-12 Media Deal Could Be Announced Tuesday; Agreement Likely Be Streaming-Heavy with Apple as Likeliest Partner (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
    I’d like to see 3 more and am convinced OR & WA are B10 bound. I think AZ, UT & SDSU would be great adds
    UT isn't even picking up the phone when Yormark or reps are calling. SDSU just gave MWC a two year guarantee, and their buyout makes it not worth it for now, plus they will be available later. AZ is intriguing, only because they are not enamored with GK; however, they don't fully deliver the coveted Phoenix market (neither does ASU). I agree UDub and Oregon will eventually get to Big10, but not in the near future. If they sign GoR for current media deal, I'd even agree to bring Wazzu and Ore St with them. If they leave in 2030 or 2031, so be it.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat93
    replied
    I’d like to see 3 more and am convinced OR & WA are B10 bound. I think AZ, UT & SDSU would be great adds

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    PAC 9? Will reveal their TV deal tomorrow per several sources
    More detail on the announcement. Pac-12 leaders set to meet, receive details of potential media rights deal, AP source says - Newsday
    “Each of us will make our own independent analysis,” Arizona President Robert C. Robbins said in June. “I’m hopeful that the deal is going to be good enough to keep us together.”

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    AZ Board of regents meeting Thursday per Jason Scheer of Wildcat Authority. This meeting was not on the BoR calendar before today per Scheer
    They moved it up a day

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    PAC 9? Will reveal their TV deal tomorrow per several sources

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    There is more chatter about Arizona leaving the PAC because they want to be relevant in basketball and does not believe it will be in the PAC.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    AZ Board of regents meeting Thursday per Jason Scheer of Wildcat Authority. This meeting was not on the BoR calendar before today per Scheer

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Rumor Swirling That Big Ten Will Be Adding 4 New Schools This Week (msn.com) Are the likes of Barstool Sports, Scoop City and the Spun credible sources?
    I’m going with usually not, with those outlets. I’m pretty sure this rumor started with Jack McGuire at Barstool. UConn guy. Wrong a lot.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    There are rumors out there today that the B1G may add Oregon and Washington as soon as this week. Also in that rumor is Clemson and FSU to the B1G. I believe the first part, the second part is hard to swallow because of the ACC Grant of Rights. I don't think they have a way out legally.
    Rumor Swirling That Big Ten Will Be Adding 4 New Schools This Week (msn.com) Are the likes of Barstool Sports, Scoop City and the Spun credible sources?

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
    I just saw an article on Outkick mentioning that Arizona possibly, but most likely, will be joining the Big 12 by Tuesday at the latest. Whether is is true or not we will find out on Tuesday. However, I will just say in my opinion the only way you get to 16 teams is if Oregon and Washington both indicate they want to join together pushing the number to 15 and needing a 16th team. However, if Arizona joins first, or Oregon potentially leap frogs them, to get the coveted #14 spot, then the Big 12 might be done expanding this year. Leaving the rest of the Pac-? at least a year of uncertainty.
    I'd be surprised if AZ jumped on Tuesday. George Kliavkoff has scheduled a Zoom meeting with the remaining PAC presidents for some time Tuesday. They will be discussing the impact of the departure of CO, and the presidents want to see solid media numbers. Bobby Robbins, the AZ president, in particular, has said in the past that he wants to see what Kliavkoff has put together before making any decisions. Any decision he makes most likely will come under scrutiny from the AZ BOR, who govern not only UA, but ASU and NAU, as well. There have been rumblings that the BOR may be hesitant to allow UA to separate from ASU, even if the latter is disinterested in the B12.

Also, Robbins apparently is the leading candidate to replace the disgraced president of Stanford. I'm not sure how that might impact his thinking with regard to a move to the B12.

Leave a comment:

• richard k.
    replied
    There are rumors out there today that the B1G may add Oregon and Washington as soon as this week. Also in that rumor is Clemson and FSU to the B1G. I believe the first part, the second part is hard to swallow because of the ACC Grant of Rights. I don't think they have a way out legally.
    If the deal is good enough maybe they go and tell the ACC will see you in court?

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X