This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Pete Thamel reporting that Colorado is on its way back to the Big12. Special Board meeting is set for tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...065641476?s=46
    Also, Jason Scheer, the "Chad Brendel" of AZ's 247sports.com site, says another school (not in the 4 corners) is also considering a move. He won't disclose the school because he promised to hold off.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Also, Jason Scheer, the "Chad Brendel" of AZ's 247sports.com site, says another school (not in the 4 corners) is also considering a move. He won't disclose the school because he promised to hold off.
      Wouldn't it be nice if it were Washington? The Seattle Times is reporting on Colorado. Does this mean that Washington has interest? All eyes on Colorado as university regents meet to discuss Big 12 move | The Seattle Times

This says that Colorado IS MOVING to the Big 12. I really do not believe it but the drama within the PAC 12 continues to entertain many of us. Colorado to rejoin Big 12 Conference, per sources - Sports Illustrated Colorado Buffaloes News, Analysis and More
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 07-26-2023, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• I’m going to laugh if school 2 for the Big12 is Utah
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Oh dang …

Comment

• Heads up, Oregon board is also meeting shortly. That pic of Brutus and the Duck was no mistake.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Thamel:
              Sources: The Big 12’s presidents and chancellors voted unanimously Wednesday night on a conference call to accept Colorado as a new member. Colorado still has not formally applied for Big 12 membership, which is expected to happen tomorrow. But tonight’s Big 12 vote marks another necessary step toward Colorado joining the Big 12. Colorado's Board of Regents is expected to vote on the move from the Pac-12 to the Big 12 on Thursday, which is another step toward finalizing the move.

Comment

• So who is team #2?? Hopefully not UCONN, Oregon seems in bed with Big10... Washington would be the best get but also doubtful. Will be cool to see Deion back in Cincy and in Nippert

Comment

• Based on numerous things I’ve seen in the last 24 hours, UConn is definitely in play here. I’m not quite sure why but they seem to have the most smoke right now.

I would expect UW to head to the B1G. Where the rest of the schools end up will be interesting. Does the PAC collapse or do the remnants merge with the MWC ?

Utah is out here playing the role of UC during the Big East break up. The Pres and AD are determined to stay on the sinking ship as recently as last month.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• McMurphy :

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...to-join-big-12

Thamel :

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...er-sources-say
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Additional thought based on the FOX Big 12 TV deal. There’s a clause in the contract that FOX will pay equal share to new schools that join from P5 conferences. That would seem to pull the rug out from under UConn unless the other 13 schools want to take a financial hit to their shares.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Why would we do that... I don't understand the UCONN thing... Basketball only with zaga maybe but football is a dumpster fire. Hope we get one of the other PAC12 teams... Preferably Utah

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          Why would we do that... I don't understand the UCONN thing... Basketball only with zaga maybe but football is a dumpster fire. Hope we get one of the other PAC12 teams... Preferably Utah
                          I personally don't get, or want, uconn. but, i have seen a couple of places say that espn is pushing for uconn - i guess the people there want to be able to see some decent fball teams, without having to travel to far.

Comment

• Of course ESPN is pushing for it. A significant portion of their employees have an association with UConn.

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• You can watch Colorado -> Big12 become official at this stream 5PM EST ---- The meeting will be live-streamed at https://cu.new.swagit.com/views/92/

Summary: Everyone voted yes though some slightly apprehensively.
                              Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 07-27-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Official http://buffs.me/4518rQw

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X