Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett McMurphy tweets Big 12 looking to add between 1 and 3 schools to join Colorado. Will start with PAC 12 and, if no one else jumps, will want to add a G5 (UConn, Memphis, SDSU or UNLV) to hit an even # next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      Brett McMurphy tweets Big 12 looking to add between 1 and 3 schools to join Colorado. Will start with PAC 12 and, if no one else jumps, will want to add a G5 (UConn, Memphis, SDSU or UNLV) to hit an even # next year.
      Even though Utah, Arizona and ASU are not the cream of the Power 5 crop, they are still a whole lot better than those teams listed above. I have read that if the BIG 10 does not offer Oregon and Washington, they may be in play for the Big 12. I doubt that though. The PAC has a 9 game conference schedule and cannot perform that with just 9 teams. They will have to add someone except SDSU is tied into the Mountain West for another year. SMU does have some wealthy donors that can pay their exit fees for them. The PAC 12 is stating that Colorado has done them a favor so now they can trade up. I am not sure who they are talking about.

Also from a national perspective, Utah and the Arizona schools bring a whole lot more credibility. No to any non-power 5 school unless ESPN wants to pony up even more cash for UConn which in itself would be a joke. For those that are young, UConn did have a couple of good years under Randy Edsell round one about 14 years ago. They had a really good running back that gave UC fits. When he left the first time, UConn was never the same and will probably never return.
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 07-27-2023, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Brett McMurphy tweets Big 12 looking to add between 1 and 3 schools to join Colorado. Will start with PAC 12 and, if no one else jumps, will want to add a G5 (UConn, Memphis, SDSU or UNLV) to hit an even # next year.
        Article here:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...after-colorado
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Even though Utah, Arizona and ASU are not the cream of the Power 5 crop, they are still a whole lot better than those teams listed above. I have read that if the BIG 10 does not offer Oregon and Washington, they may be in play for the Big 12. I doubt that though. The PAC has a 9 game conference schedule and cannot perform that with just 9 teams. They will have to add someone except SDSU is tied into the Mountain West for another year. SMU does have some wealthy donors that can pay their exit fees for them. The PAC 12 is stating that Colorado has done them a favor so now they can trade up. I am not sure who they are talking about.

Also from a national perspective, Utah and the Arizona schools bring a whole lot more credibility. No to any non-power 5 school unless ESPN wants to pony up even more cash for UConn which in itself would be a joke. For those that are young, UConn did have a couple of good years under Randy Edsell round one about 14 years ago. They had a really good running back that gave UC fits. When he left the first time, UConn was never the same and will probably never return.
          They have lost the LA market - now Denver - if they also lose Phoenix/Tucson aside from Seattle and SF I'm not sure what value they have left?

Comment

• The ACC may be looking at expansion. Could this be a ploy to renegotiate their GoR and Media deal? Could they be looking at a west coast division?
            ACC Commissioner Makes Eye-Opening Expansion Comments Amid Pac-12 Uncertainty (msn.com)

Comment

• Heather Dinich reporting that Big 12 ADs held a meeting this morning and agreed that 14 is the number of teams they want to stick with. Looking for one more.
              Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                Heather Dinich reporting that Big 12 ADs held a meeting this morning and agreed that 14 is the number of teams they want to stick with. Looking for one more.
                And it appears Arizona is the front runner.
                Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

• On the PAC 12 from Justin Williams ($)

https://theathletic.com/4727435/2023...shared_article
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I could also see the one more spot speech being a ploy to get some of the better options to try and panic... Like a Washington/Oregon

Comment

Heather Dinich reporting that Big 12 ADs held a meeting this morning and agreed that 14 is the number of teams they want to stick with. Looking for one more.
                      Article link https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-school-get-14

Comment

I read that they have one power 5 team nearly in and it is not one of the four-corner schools. Any idea which school it could be?

Comment

• I think 14 is to cause panic amongst the the schools the Big XII is interested in. If Oregon, Washington, and Arizona all apply, it would be foolish to pick one. The incoming fees would be in the millions to share with all, and if Oregon and Washington were to leave in 5 years the exits fees would be millions more to share.

Comment

• An Arizona perspective. Apparently already talking, but didn’t want to be the first to leave.
                            https://247sports.com/college/arizon...ous-213337955/
                            Fire Scott Satterfield

Comment

• Speaking of first to leave, UW and Oregon were waiting on someone to go first. Colorado has done that. I think Oregon and UW are off to the B1G for sure at this point
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I read that they have one power 5 team nearly in and it is not one of the four-corner schools. Any idea which school it could be?
                                I’m going with none of them unless A&M, Nebraska or Missouri want out. That’s really way out there a bit on my part but TAMU wants nothing to do with Texas’ BS and the Mizzou and Nebraska experiments have been a lot like Colorado’s

Nebraska would be interesting since it would leave an opening for Washington
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X