This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Nebraska would be interesting since it would leave an opening for Washington
    Could the Big 10 kick Nebraska out because they are no longer a research AAU affiliate? A&M, Nebraska and Missouri would not leave the money train that they are currently in.

Comment

• This writer believes that "nobody wins but someone loses". He basically says that anyone not in the Big 10 or SEC will lose. Why Big 12 luring Colorado back from Pac-12 is just a short-term solution with larger issues on the horizon - CBSSports.com

Comment

I’m going with none of them unless A&M, Nebraska or Missouri want out. That’s really way out there a bit on my part but TAMU wants nothing to do with Texas’ BS and the Mizzou and Nebraska experiments have been a lot like Colorado’s

Nebraska would be interesting since it would leave an opening for Washington
        No team will ever leave the Big Ten or SEC unless they are somehow "kicked out". The money is too big to ever leave that behind for twice as less a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

No team will ever leave the Big Ten or SEC unless they are somehow "kicked out". The money is too big to ever leave that behind for twice as less a year.
          It just may be dictated by the next TV media rights deals in the mid 2030's. I suspect that within 20 years, TV will select the conferences and the teams. I hope that it will come down to regional "pods" and that UC will be invited to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            The ACC may be looking at expansion. Could this be a ploy to renegotiate their GoR and Media deal? Could they be looking at a west coast division?
            ACC Commissioner Makes Eye-Opening Expansion Comments Amid Pac-12 Uncertainty (msn.com)
            I don't see how they could add someone. You would have to dilute the payout per team even more unless you somehow got ESPN to renegotiate and I don't think they would with the Disney finance situation.

They were talking about doing uneven shares in order to keep Clemson and others happy but if I was Louisville, Boston College, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh I would just say no. Why take less to please teams that are going to leave anyway if they ever get the chance? Even if Clemson gets more, that won't keep them happy if the SEC or Big Ten comes calling. It appears, unless they find a legal loophole, that all of those teams in the ACC are stuck till 2036 anyway.
            Last edited by Bearcats1232002; 07-29-2023, 12:49 PM.

Comment

It just may be dictated by the next TV media rights deals in the mid 2030's. I suspect that within 20 years, TV will select the conferences and the teams. I hope that it will come down to regional "pods" and that UC will be invited to the table.
              If such a thing happened, Ohio State would do everything in their power to keep us out of that regional pod. And unfortunately, they have alot of power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I tend to agree with you on this but dumber things have happened. I mean heck, it was the 50s but Tulane left the SEC before everything was about money. Terrible for them in hindsight.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This is amusing for entertainment purposes. I laughed a few times while reading this guys writing style. Here’s the school Brett Yormark’s Big 12 needs to add after poaching Colorado (msn.com)

Comment

• An article about CW Sports - The CW: building sports programming from scratch (msn.com)
                    I also saw an article about the "Panic Meter" of the PAC 9 teams. Washington and Oregon were at 0, meaning no worries. Arizona and Utah were at a 1 which is kind of ready to test the waters. Oregon State and Washington State were the worse at a 3 meaining that they will probably end up in the Mountain West. The rest of the teams were at 2. The scale was 0 to 3.

Comment

• I just saw an article on Outkick mentioning that Arizona possibly, but most likely, will be joining the Big 12 by Tuesday at the latest. Whether is is true or not we will find out on Tuesday. However, I will just say in my opinion the only way you get to 16 teams is if Oregon and Washington both indicate they want to join together pushing the number to 15 and needing a 16th team. However, if Arizona joins first, or Oregon potentially leap frogs them, to get the coveted #14 spot, then the Big 12 might be done expanding this year. Leaving the rest of the Pac-? at least a year of uncertainty.

Comment

• There are rumors out there today that the B1G may add Oregon and Washington as soon as this week. Also in that rumor is Clemson and FSU to the B1G. I believe the first part, the second part is hard to swallow because of the ACC Grant of Rights. I don't think they have a way out legally.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There are rumors out there today that the B1G may add Oregon and Washington as soon as this week. Also in that rumor is Clemson and FSU to the B1G. I believe the first part, the second part is hard to swallow because of the ACC Grant of Rights. I don't think they have a way out legally.
                          If the deal is good enough maybe they go and tell the ACC will see you in court?

Comment

• Originally posted by Illuminerdski View Post
                            I just saw an article on Outkick mentioning that Arizona possibly, but most likely, will be joining the Big 12 by Tuesday at the latest. Whether is is true or not we will find out on Tuesday. However, I will just say in my opinion the only way you get to 16 teams is if Oregon and Washington both indicate they want to join together pushing the number to 15 and needing a 16th team. However, if Arizona joins first, or Oregon potentially leap frogs them, to get the coveted #14 spot, then the Big 12 might be done expanding this year. Leaving the rest of the Pac-? at least a year of uncertainty.
                            I'd be surprised if AZ jumped on Tuesday. George Kliavkoff has scheduled a Zoom meeting with the remaining PAC presidents for some time Tuesday. They will be discussing the impact of the departure of CO, and the presidents want to see solid media numbers. Bobby Robbins, the AZ president, in particular, has said in the past that he wants to see what Kliavkoff has put together before making any decisions. Any decision he makes most likely will come under scrutiny from the AZ BOR, who govern not only UA, but ASU and NAU, as well. There have been rumblings that the BOR may be hesitant to allow UA to separate from ASU, even if the latter is disinterested in the B12.

Also, Robbins apparently is the leading candidate to replace the disgraced president of Stanford. I'm not sure how that might impact his thinking with regard to a move to the B12.

Comment

There are rumors out there today that the B1G may add Oregon and Washington as soon as this week. Also in that rumor is Clemson and FSU to the B1G. I believe the first part, the second part is hard to swallow because of the ACC Grant of Rights. I don't think they have a way out legally.
                              Rumor Swirling That Big Ten Will Be Adding 4 New Schools This Week (msn.com) Are the likes of Barstool Sports, Scoop City and the Spun credible sources?

Comment

Rumor Swirling That Big Ten Will Be Adding 4 New Schools This Week (msn.com) Are the likes of Barstool Sports, Scoop City and the Spun credible sources?
                                I’m going with usually not, with those outlets. I’m pretty sure this rumor started with Jack McGuire at Barstool. UConn guy. Wrong a lot.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X