Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation is that Oregon, Washington and Utah are thinking that they are going to stay with the PAC because at least one of them will reach the expanded 12-team playoff every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Speculation is that Oregon, Washington and Utah are thinking that they are going to stay with the PAC because at least one of them will reach the expanded 12-team playoff every year.
      i don't follow that logic. it may work short time, but, if they stay in the pac, and the tv deal is as bad as it sounds, they'll lose visibility and recruits, and just kinda fade out and lose relevancy. eventually, the pac will get the old big east treatment, and we all know how that went.

Comment

• Paul Finebaum is a little harsh.
        “I don’t want to be the guy that keeps burying this league because I think I did it the other day, but I’m gonna keep doing it. Somebody needs to shovel dirt on this league and end this charade. It’s over for the Pac-12.”

Paul Finebaum Delivers Some Harsh Truth to Pac-12 After Latest TV Deal News (msn.com)

Comment

• Sources: Big Ten has begun preliminary talks to potentially add Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big...173934989.html

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            Sources: Big Ten has begun preliminary talks to potentially add Oregon, Washington, Cal and Stanford

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big...173934989.html
            Welp, that’s the end of that
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• All roads seem to point to the Pac-X conference becoming either the Pacific Mountain West or nothing. In either case, does this lead to the end of the Rose Bowl?

Comment

• FSU is currently in a streaming Board meeting with 1300 viewers about what it would cost them to buy two planes for $9M. What is even going on here.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  FSU is currently in a streaming Board meeting with 1300 viewers about what it would cost them to buy two planes for $9M. What is even going on here.
                  And it looks like they're not only going to do that, The board is signaling they are leaving the ACC and the GoR isn't going to stop them. I guess the SEC is getting them? B!G looks a little full based on today.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

FSU is currently in a streaming Board meeting with 1300 viewers about what it would cost them to buy two planes for $9M. What is even going on here.
                    I would say that it would cost them $9M the way that you worded it. lol.

Comment

• If the PAC survives and I don't think it will, The Big 12 looks like it'll add AZ, ASU, and Utah to the current new member Colorado. Then you finally have your P4. If this is all not done after that, I have no idea what's happening.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And it looks like they're not only going to do that, The board is signaling they are leaving the ACC and the GoR isn't going to stop them. I guess the SEC is getting them? B!G looks a little full based on today.
                        Lol, I worded that poorly.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• A nice summary from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg --

Today in realignment:
                          - Pac-12 waiting on all schools, but especially Arizona/ASU/Utah, to decide on media rights proposal
                          - B1G having initial talks about adding more West Coast schools if Pac-12 falls apart
                          - Florida State president saying school needs to consider leaving ACC

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            A nice summary from ESPN's Adam Rittenberg --

Today in realignment:
                            - Pac-12 waiting on all schools, but especially Arizona/ASU/Utah, to decide on media rights proposal
                            - B1G having initial talks about adding more West Coast schools if Pac-12 falls apart
                            - Florida State president saying school needs to consider leaving ACC
                            I can't wait for the Friday 5:00 news dump this week. Should be great.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Arizona State refuses to answer questions about realignment due to confidentiality. However, they did say that they are in a good spot.

Comment

• Jason Scheer (think AZ's Chad Brendel) reported that AZ, ASU & UT are deep into discussions, both among themselves and with the B12. He said that there's a chance that all three will commit by Friday.

UT were the hardest to pull away from the PAC, but the media deal fiasco was too much.
                                Last edited by swilsonsp4; 08-02-2023, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X