Clear All

• Lobot
    replied
    B1G having some tv contractual issues.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...es-uncertainty

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I do not think that UConn will want to leave the Big East. Sure, more money and a home for their football team but it just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Also, the PAC is promising more access to players and coaches during games. Even soundless cameras from the coaches booth.

Leave a comment:

• Illuminerdski
    replied
    You can add the Big 12 and UCONN to the rumor mill.

https://www.outkick.com/big-12-uconn...terest-report/

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    ESPN article is downplaying the ACC drama. Of course they are, they want to keep that cheap TV deal going as long as they can. But I don't think the ACC is going anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ribution-model

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I think that this is the most honest article about the ACC that is out there. I basically says that the ACC is not going anywhere and even if the schools could get out, there is no place for them to go. ACC schools can daydream about leaving league, but there's nowhere to go and no way to get there (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    @RossDellenger
    This timing could be an issue for expansion target San Diego State. As was in our story y'day (https://bit.ly/42U1cZJ), to join the Pac-12 in 2024, Aztecs need to give MWC notice by June 30 or their exit fee of ~$17M triples in cost. This delay could push their entrance to 2025

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    Has Swaim ever called anything correctly before? Sounds like a clickbait even though plausible. This ACC doom isn't going to happen anytime soon

No, he hasn’t. He also predicted today that the SEC would drop UK apparently and everybody’s mad at him now. I blocked him years ago, he’s not credible.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied
    Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    I have a bad feeling about all of this. Maybe it’s my paranoia getting the best of me. But I see this resulting in dilution of the BigXII to where the advantage of being invited to the conference will be nullified. It will become the Power 2 or 3 and that won’t include the BigXII. It will be like being in the American all over again.
    You have the same pessimism that I have. We could just as easily be left out if there is a seismic shift in college athletics. I don't think this big shift will happen yet but will come down the road when the Big 10 and SEC eventually try to break off.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Your final realignment scenario.

SWAIM SHOW on Twitter: "BREAKING: Just verified this with a colleague who will also be reporting soon that #CardNation just became the eighth team to put the #ACC's existence into serious jeopardy. Of course that means the #Big12 has made the offer. Conference Realignment is going down...and soon!!" / Twitter

Leave a comment:

• London 'Cat
    replied
    I have a bad feeling about all of this. Maybe it’s my paranoia getting the best of me. But I see this resulting in dilution of the BigXII to where the advantage of being invited to the conference will be nullified. It will become the Power 2 or 3 and that won’t include the BigXII. It will be like being in the American all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Chewbacca2099
    replied
    Has Swaim ever called anything correctly before? Sounds like a clickbait even though plausible. This ACC doom isn't going to happen anytime soon

Leave a comment:

• made_hand
    replied
    https://twitter.com/GSwaim/status/16...458116096?s=20

Leave a comment:

• made_hand
    replied
    And here we go .... Loserville added to the “Magnificent Seven” to challenge the ACC Grant of Rights.

Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Loserville

Leave a comment:

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Red_n_Black, do you leave Louisville intentionally? Why not bring them into the Big 12?

Since reading some of the replies to McMurphy's tweet, I started down memory lane. Fans from some schools who now look down on schools like UC seem to forget that VTech, Louisville, FSU and S. Carolina were in the same conference (the Metro) as UC until the late 80's. That was a heck of a basketball conference. Yes, I know all of those schools were football independent. It is interesting too that fans think that all of the ACC teams would go to other Power Conferences if the ACC falls apart. They seem to forget about the collapse of the Big East football. Also, FSU says that they cannot compete with the paltry TV money that they are getting. Yes, there is a big drop from the Big10/SEC to the other Power 5 conferences but then there is a significant drop down to the AAC and MW then there is next to nothing after that. All that said, I suspect that starting in the 2030's, there will be a huge shift in realignment, kind of a NFL arrangement.
    I forgot Loserville on accident, but at this point, I am good with them being relegated to the AAC or Sunbelt. Their athletic department is in a shambles after Jurich, bleeding money and I'm okay if they wither on the vine. I only see 8, maybe 9 ACC teams landing in Big 10, SEC, or Big 12. At one point, Loserville was near top of my wish list due to proximity, long/storied rivalries, and they were a top notch get. Now, I think they are in a battle for the 9th spot.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Red_n_Black, do you leave Louisville intentionally? Why not bring them into the Big 12?

Since reading some of the replies to McMurphy's tweet, I started down memory lane. Fans from some schools who now look down on schools like UC seem to forget that VTech, Louisville, FSU and S. Carolina were in the same conference (the Metro) as UC until the late 80's. That was a heck of a basketball conference. Yes, I know all of those schools were football independent. It is interesting too that fans think that all of the ACC teams would go to other Power Conferences if the ACC falls apart. They seem to forget about the collapse of the Big East football. Also, FSU says that they cannot compete with the paltry TV money that they are getting. Yes, there is a big drop from the Big10/SEC to the other Power 5 conferences but then there is a significant drop down to the AAC and MW then there is next to nothing after that. All that said, I suspect that starting in the 2030's, there will be a huge shift in realignment, kind of a NFL arrangement.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X