This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    That proposed super conference would have been nice. That study was back in 1990 which now seems to be taking place throughout the country except for the PAC, ACC, and Ivy League.

Comment

• I read an interview of the AD from Nebraska. He roughly said that the next round of realignment will be bigger than anything to this point. He speculated that football will pull out of their historical conferences and be kind of a lone entity. Where the Olympic sports would go back to regional proximities for the health and well-being of the student-athletes. There were some hints from another interview that some schools associated with the Power 4 conferences will be left behind. There will be one division of the powerhouse programs and then another division of the group of 5 plus the rejects (think PAC 4 types).

Comment

• FBS will break off. The NCAA is a dead man walking on football.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• John Ourand at SBJ on his podcast stated that Yormark did in fact have discussions with Gonzaga and UConn about joining for basketball only membership. Yormark also stated that those conversations are over and that things didn't work out.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

John Ourand at SBJ on his podcast stated that Yormark did in fact have discussions with Gonzaga and UConn about joining for basketball only membership. Yormark also stated that those conversations are over and that things didn't work out.
            In a relatively big way, I'm glad that Uconn won't be joining the B12, esp. as a full member. after watching them in the BE and the AAC, I'm just glad to be away from them.

Comment

• everyone is saying the P4 will no longer be expanding at least until this season is over. This is good news, I'd like to save some spots for ACC teams in the future rather than adding lesser teams across the country like Wazzu. This also means that the AAC/PAC4 merger is likely going to happen soon and they will most likely drop out of the P5

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                everyone is saying the P4 will no longer be expanding at least until this season is over. This is good news, I'd like to save some spots for ACC teams in the future rather than adding lesser teams across the country like Wazzu. This also means that the AAC/PAC4 merger is likely going to happen soon and they will most likely drop out of the P5
                Regardless of if there is or is not a merger between the PAC4 and the ACC, the PAC has lost their P5 designation and protections.

Comment

• Think conference realignment will cause schools to reassess priorities? Think again. (yahoo.com)
                  "Would Kentucky be among those programs with an invitation to the gold rush? The Cats didn’t make a prediction by Stewart Mandel of The Athletic of a 28-team College Football Premiere League. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee and Texas A&M were the SEC teams included in Mandel’s four-division setup. Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt were not. Future SEC members and traditional powers Texas and Oklahoma also made the cut."

Just wait until the SEC's and B1G's TV contract expires. ESPN and Fox who are spending all of the money, will no longer want to carry the Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, Northwestern, Illinois teams anymore.

Comment

• Brett with two "t's" said this.
                    "We had a vision. When I came onboard, there [were] three things that we really wanted to address, big picture items," Yormark said. "One, we wanted to do our TV deal and go out early, stabilize the conference, and give us a foundation for the future. Two, we wanted to resolve the Oklahoma-Texas situation. When I was introduced, effectively on my first day, that was a big issue. Would they leave a year early, or not? And what that relationship might look like going forward. And then the last of the three items was expansion. Could we set ourselves up for future expansion? My board had an appetite to pursue that. Those were the three things we wanted to do. We accomplished all three in my first year."

What did George and the PAC do during the same time frame?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      Brett with two "t's" said this.
                      "We had a vision. When I came onboard, there [were] three things that we really wanted to address, big picture items," Yormark said. "One, we wanted to do our TV deal and go out early, stabilize the conference, and give us a foundation for the future. Two, we wanted to resolve the Oklahoma-Texas situation. When I was introduced, effectively on my first day, that was a big issue. Would they leave a year early, or not? And what that relationship might look like going forward. And then the last of the three items was expansion. Could we set ourselves up for future expansion? My board had an appetite to pursue that. Those were the three things we wanted to do. We accomplished all three in my first year."

What did George and the PAC do during the same time frame?
                      curious george - Bing images

Comment

John Ourand at SBJ on his podcast stated that Yormark did in fact have discussions with Gonzaga and UConn about joining for basketball only membership. Yormark also stated that those conversations are over and that things didn't work out.
                        Yeah. I saw something like that too. I saw something on ESPN that stated the BIG XII was trying to get Gonzaga and UCONN. Why would either of those schools join the BIG XII? They both play big time non-conference schedules (some off the toughest non-conference schedules every year), both teams are on TV all of the time, both teams routinely get to the NCAA Tournament (UCONN won the championship this year), both teams recruit and get the athletes that they want, and both teams produce their share of pro players. They do not need the BIG XII for money or anything else. For Gonzaga and UCONN, they should stay away from those mega-conferences. They already have a GOOD thing going.
                        Last edited by leeraymond; 08-17-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• The Longhorn Network was maybe the catalyst of realignment a decade ago. It will no longer exist in the SEC. Last rodeo for Texas' Longhorn Network (tulsaworld.com)

Comment

• There's a meeting in the ACC tonight to formally vote on Stanford, Cal and SMU. I do not expect them to be approved based on several reporters. For starters it appears that Clemson and FSU are against it plus others as well.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                              The Longhorn Network was maybe the catalyst of realignment a decade ago. It will no longer exist in the SEC. Last rodeo for Texas' Longhorn Network (tulsaworld.com)
                              Of all the things that killed ESPN's bottom line, this was the biggest boondoggle IMO.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 08-23-2023, 05:27 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Pete Thamel's sources:

The potential additions of Cal, Stanford and SMU to the ACC are again under serious consideration by the ACC. A small group of ACC presidents met Wednesday morning to discuss financial models that would come with the additions.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X