Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying on the ACC vine: what will Big Ten, SEC do about FSU, Clemson, and Miami? (on3.com)
    An interesting read and one that delves into different scenarios about the B1G and the SEC. Conclusion is that North Carolina State and Virginia are the two schools most sought after by the B!G and SEC. It also states that Clemson, FSU and Miami are going to wither on the vine. Also, both the B1G and SEC are likely to sit tight for now and wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      Dying on the ACC vine: what will Big Ten, SEC do about FSU, Clemson, and Miami? (on3.com)
      An interesting read and one that delves into different scenarios about the B1G and the SEC. Conclusion is that North Carolina State and Virginia are the two schools most sought after by the B!G and SEC. It also states that Clemson, FSU and Miami are going to wither on the vine. Also, both the B1G and SEC are likely to sit tight for now and wait.
      Clemson and Florida State are by far the biggest names left on the board. (Except for maybe Notre Dame) There is no way those two "wither on the vine". Virginia and North Carolina are desirable too but I think Clemson and Florida State would go first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

Clemson and Florida State are by far the biggest names left on the board. (Except for maybe Notre Dame) There is no way those two "wither on the vine". Virginia and North Carolina are desirable too but I think Clemson and Florida State would go first.
        I do not disagree with you that Clemson and FSU are the big names on the board. However, based on the article, the SEC is willing to let them die a painful death instead of throwing them a lifeline. The article states that the SEC does not want to compete with them for recruits and that they are already in those states. ESPN already has those states wrapped up with the SEC. I just found it interesting that the author is suspecting that there will be foul play here whether it is SEC driven or TV driven. The article stated that both the B1G and SEC are looking for new markets. Clemson and FSU do not add new markets for the SEC.

Comment

• Do we really think schools like Clemson, Miami, and FSU will whither on the vine? Yes, there is a significant gap in tv revenue, but these programs have deep pockets for NIL and already have tremendous facilities at their disposal. They can and will still compete for 5-star and 4-star rated players, winning their fair share of those recruiting battles.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Talks of PAC4 and AAC merger are heating up. But there's really only a handful of schools in the AAC that would be worth anything at all nowadays. I could see them MAYBE getting to 10 teams with adds from AAC but that won't be enough to dissolve the current AAC and since Aresco is involved in the talks I'm not sure what the end goal is going to look like.

Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, USF... then who... East Carolina? They'll likely want to add SDSU still but that can't happen for next year anymore.

Comment

• I can’t remember the reporter but someone mentioned that the ACC PAC thing is dead in the water. There are apparently 4 ACC schools opposed to bringing in Stanford and Cal.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                I can’t remember the reporter but someone mentioned that the ACC PAC thing is dead in the water. There are apparently 4 ACC schools opposed to bringing in Stanford and Cal.
                I believe that those teams that voted against adding the PAC are the ones looking the hardest to move out of the ACC. ND was really pushing for it. On another note, I read an interview with the Boston College AD. He was very blunt that the next round of realignment, BC will be sent to the Group of Five. BC was in favor of adding the PAC 4.

Comment

• Per Nicole Auerbach:

FSU's board of trustees does not have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. They need to give 24 hours' notice for any board meetings. So, the Seminoles will remain in the ACC — through at least 2024-25.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It is kind of funny that there is so much talk right now around the stability of the ACC. Remember a few years back when the ACC help to DESTROY the BIG EAST? At the time, the BIG EAST was considered a Power Conference and the best basketball conference in college basketball. Also remember that UC was a BIG EAST member school. Be careful of the harm that you cause; it may come back to you. Although I wish NO harm on any conference, I do not cry for the ACC.
                    Last edited by leeraymond; 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• I selfishly want the ACC to implode so we can get some of our geographical rivals back... Loserville and Pitt would be great to play again... And I imagine the big12 would be open to having them to link up with us and WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                        I selfishly want the ACC to implode so we can get some of our geographical rivals back... Loserville and Pitt would be great to play again... And I imagine the big12 would be open to having them to link up with us and WVU
                        If you want to rethink old rivalries, go back to the Metro Conference. FSU, Loserville, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech were in that conference with UC. I think that Georgia Tech and Tulane were also in that conference. Of course, they were all independent in football.

Comment

• Here's your Metro history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

If you want to rethink old rivalries, go back to the Metro Conference. FSU, Loserville, South Carolina, and Virginia Tech were in that conference with UC. I think that Georgia Tech and Tulane were also in that conference. Of course, they were all independent in football.
                            Appreciate the history but I'm not quite old enough to remember those days. Didn't become a fan until I started college in 2002. VT would be another good closer add though. South Carolina and FSU would never be a option at this point

Comment

• Thank the Conference and Network Gods we are no longer independent!!
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                                Thank the Conference and Network Gods we are no longer independent!!
                                Yes this. Gone are the days of having Penn St and FSU hang 70 on us.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X