• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Oregon St. AD: Promotion/relegation model 'worthy of study'

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...l-worthy-study

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    SMU has raised the $100M for their move to the ACC in 7 days. This should surprise no one.
    This talks about the cost of SMU joining the ACC and that the SMU vs TCU rivalry may die after over 100 years.
    TCU Football: Tori's Thoughts - Conference Realignment Proving Expensive for SMU (msn.com)

This talks about a west coast football conference with 24 teams in two tiers. The upper tier would try to become the Power 5 team. The last place team in tier one would move down to tier two each year where the conference champion of tier two would move up to the tier one each year. This would just include football where the Olympic sports would stay in their current conferences.
    The First Official Proposal for Promotion-Relegation In College Football (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    SMU has raised the $100M for their move to the ACC in 7 days. This should surprise no one.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied

I think it's all a legal manuever to take over the PAC brand name and ensure they get their payouts from the league office. I mean you probably don't want Klaivkoff and co. running off with the money in some golden parachute deal.
    Also, there was no official vote to dissolve the conference. The 10 other schools just gave their notice and are taking off. I think that the PAC 2 want to make sure that the other 10 schools do not have a vote to dissolve the conference and confiscate with the bootee.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    Interesting thought that the PAC 12 could have only two board members this year.
    I think it's all a legal manuever to take over the PAC brand name and ensure they get their payouts from the league office. I mean you probably don't want Klaivkoff and co. running off with the money in some golden parachute deal.

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Interesting thought that the PAC 12 could have only two board members this year.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Anddd. Wazzu and the Beavers have sued.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...mplaint-pac-12

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied

Excellent point. If it's greater than 7M, the numbers work out.
    and, if the ACC pays out "competitive" bonuses for winning the first half of the season, smu might get a little bonus

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

bowl money, bball tourny credits, etc; will still probably be more than what it got in the 'merican
    Excellent point. If it's greater than 7M, the numbers work out.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.H.
    replied

Apparently, the SMU donors and trustees didn't really care about the TV revenue. They bought their way in with oil money. This is the most SMU article ever written.

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-smus...130043136.html
    bowl money, bball tourny credits, etc; will still probably be more than what it got in the 'merican

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied

Yeah that’s insane on their part. I don’t care how much money the donors have. That’s going to get someone fired eventually.
    Apparently, the SMU donors and trustees didn't really care about the TV revenue. They bought their way in with oil money. This is the most SMU article ever written.

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-smus...130043136.html

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Here's a good piece regarding what Wazzu and OR State are facing:

Oregon State, Washington State destined to join Mountain West - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's Thamel on Army

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rence-football

Leave a comment:

• Bearcats1232002
    replied

I knew they had something in the works. Kinda late to the party though?
    Yeah they shoulda tried harder to get up to speed. I think UCF will explode and do very well in the Big 12 and USF should have positioned themselves to be in the same spot. Even though I hate to admit it I could see UCF turning into a national power.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Per Thamel Army is the AAC target . Army fans don’t want it

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X