Oklahoma 9/23 Noon Fox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

selling one's better than nothing - i'm old, and technoligically impaired - is there a way on here to do a direct / private message?
    Yes. Click on his logo at the left of his last post and a link to PM entry will appear.

Comment

My email is amuzement@email.com or the DM through this board is fine too

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Yes. Click on his logo at the left of his last post and a link to PM entry will appear.
        thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          I’ll be at the Big Noon show-tickets sort of passed by my price range ☹️. I don’t know what the original face value was, but the few hundred they released last week were 215 for upper corner (by the athletics building, blanking on the name) and 300+ for tickets on the 20’s. That’s sort of BS, honestly. I’ll be at Fries Cafe 🤘 watching the game.
          Check SeatGeek.com. Prices are falling rapidly
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Berry Tramel is in town

https://t.co/17TdsOFxZO
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

D. A. H. hooked me up! Thank you!

Comment

Quick preview at Si.Com's All Sooners site.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...eday-x-factors
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like Deshawn Pace will not play today. Team Rules violation.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This one could get ugly. OU is clearly the better team, better coaching, more talent. It’s quite evident from this first quarter.

Comment

Holding our own despite that lackluster offense. Lots of predetermined throws going on out here. The ball that was picked in the end zone was going to Hendesron no matter what was open on the other side.

Gabriel must absolutely hate playing here by now.

2-9 on 3rd down and several pass routes run short of the sticks.

OU defense was giving us issues early in the game but they've settled down. Need the coaching staff to adapt on offense.

Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Scary thing is if you subtract the INT and missed FG we'd be in a really good place right now.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Predetermined throws yea but Jones also puts too much air in his throws. Sometimes you have to put the ball where the receivers going be in real time instead of putting it where its designed to be.

Comment

We did not look good but maybe that is because we were playing a good team. I think that we missed Pace today. As mentioned earlier, take away the missed field goal, the INT in the end zone, the turnover on downs and we could have had this game close. Kudos to Oklahoma for just running out the clock their last two possessions. UC did make some adjustments at halftime, but it was too little too late. Gabriel did not help his Heisman chances and Oklahoma did not help their poll numbers today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Scary thing is if you subtract the INT and missed FG we'd be in a really good place right now.
                              IMHO That would only have made it 20-12. There just isn't a whole to be optimistic about.

The defense played good enough to win. Front 7 played well except for the missed tackles, most of which could have been due to their playing so long. But concentration on tackling drills might not be such a bad thing. As far as the defensive backs, they are a real problem. I am not sure how Kerry Coombs is coaching the DB's. Face guard the receiver and hope the ball hits them in the head? If they can't turn their head and find the ball it will either be completed or there will be a pass interference call. Depend on the safeties to see the ball and make the interceptions and plays on the ball. Not good IMHO.

I think the problem with the offense starts with the offensive line. They are just too young and haven't played together long enough to form a cohesive unit. Can't expect Jones to shine when he is running for his life most of the time. To help them out the offense needs to use misdirection, fakes and trickery - and a dash of tight end and slot across the middle. Scheme when we can't outmuscle. Kiner and Montgomery are doing as good as they can with the blocking being as inconsistent as it is.

If we keep heading in this direction, the best we can hope for is 6-6 and a trip to the Big XII "Toilet Bowl" - whatever that is.

Comment

We can play in this league. We obviously are stumbling offensively yet we have talent. One exception is our QB
                                not impressed after 3 games. I wish coach Satt would play either of the young QB’s. Got to get the offense going, Defense is fine!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X