Oklahoma 9/23 Noon Fox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBB View Post
    We can play in this league. We obviously are stumbling offensively yet we have talent. One exception is our QB
    not impressed after 3 games. I wish coach Satt would play either of the young QB’s. Got to get the offense going, Defense is fine!
    Agreed _ I stated that before the season, but the replacement pickings at QB are slim. Perhaps Jones problem is the o-line as he was eating turf quite a bit.

Comment

If you remove the EKU game (not a legit D1 program), Emory has really struggled to accurately find receivers vertically. His
      touch is erratic and it’s time to grow with a younger QB. That being said, Satterfield’s vanilla offense is equally at fault as we’re not doing anything creative to provide a spark. Take Matayer (although he had one of several drops today) -this dude can really run routes-why is he always down the sideline? Run him
      across the middle occasionally. Lots of super obvious off tackle running, too. Our defense played well enough to win-our corners are pretty bad, that’s just going to be a problem until they improve or are replaced. The red zone / deep in opponent territory ineptitude of the offense in the last two games is just bad. Emory has now gone two straight games without a passing TD. Yes, the o-line is inconsistent (more bad than good, really), so it’s a number of things, but Satterfield’s play calling needs to improve.
      Last edited by Bearcat93; 09-24-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Yep, red zone woes continue...OL was problematic...should win at home when the other side is held to 20...I just remember how creative Coach BK's play calling was in the red zone

Comment

I would like to see us design a play that can get us two yards. I think we had 7-8 shots to gain two yards for a first down and couldn't make it happen.

And the Red Zone, good gravy, we get the shakes and seem allergic to the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
            Yep, red zone woes continue...OL was problematic...should win at home when the other side is held to 20...I just remember how creative Coach BK's play calling was in the red zone
            I was thinking the same thing about BK - his offensive creativity was great. I’d also rather see us let a RB try to get some rhythm. This one quarter, 8 carries,
            then nothing for several quarters just doesn’t allow the offense to possess the ball when momentum swings are happening.

Comment

I heard the tv pundits dismissing UC and saying OU had an off game but they didn't need to be at their best. No respect.

Comment

It’s easy to forget how incredible Sauce & Kobe were as far as our corner play across the last 3 years. Harris just isn’t playing at a level where he belongs as a starter for a B12 team. Our front 7 played very well for the most part today. Only 2 sacks-did Phillips play today? I don’t remember him doing much today. I see Prater getting more opportunities-why on earth he hasn’t used him in some gadget plays baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Agreed _ I stated that before the season, but the replacement pickings at QB are slim. Perhaps Jones problem is the o-line as he was eating turf quite a bit.
                  Jones problem was that they were sending a random LB or S in blitz on almost every down and the line and backs couldn’t pick up where it was coming from at all. I suppose you could blame that on the line but I think I’d give credit to the DC on that.

Venables was one of the best DC’s in the country for years at OU and Clemson before OU brought him back as HC. They know what they’re doing.

Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    It’s easy to forget how incredible Sauce & Kobe were as far as our corner play across the last 3 years. Harris just isn’t playing at a level where he belongs as a starter for a B12 team. Our front 7 played very well for the most part today. Only 2 sacks-did Phillips play today? I don’t remember him doing much today. I see Prater getting more opportunities-why on earth he hasn’t used him in some gadget plays baffles me.
                    Harris is a backup. He’s out there because Sammy Anderson still has a concussion issue.

Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post

I was thinking the same thing about BK - his offensive creativity was great. I’d also rather see us let a RB try to get some rhythm. This one quarter, 8 carries,
                      then nothing for several quarters just doesn’t allow the offense to possess the ball when momentum swings are happening.
                      But despite holding the Sooners to 20 points why can't we get off the field on 3rd and long? Same problem last week!

Comment

Wanted to share after posting something similar to X/Twit

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 7.26.17 PM.png

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Same last week. To paraphrase. It's the Red Zone stupid.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 7.28.29 PM.png
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Watching the game again it became apparent that the Cincinnati offense is quite "vanilla." Simple runs, no true read option, easy pass tree routes. Now is this because of a patchwork offensive line that was put together through the transfer portals, and leftover players? Or is it because of the completely overhauled wide receiver corp? Or the limitations of Emory Jones? To me its a little bit of it all. They can move the ball, but don't have the game experience playing together to finish drives. Meaning that the WR's and QB aren't exactly on the same page yet. It will be interesting to see how this team gels over the upcoming weeks. I also am wondering if Jones is not this season's true answer. Is the coaching staff waiting for Brady Drogosh to really grasp the playbook? The announcers said something interesting towards the end of game how Satterfield was still accepting transfer players late into the summer. With any major change there is always going to be growing pains. Looking at the schedule the next four games are very winnable. I think after those games we will have a better understanding of the 2023 Cincinnati Bearcats.

Comment

EJ is OK QB not as advertised. He missed open receivers yesterday. On 3 third down and one 4th down he never looked at the open guy. Our defence keeps on playing good. Hope the things get better in next few games.

Comment

On the. last 4th down guy on the left side is wide open with no one close to him for 4-5 yards. EJ kept on looking at Gentry and threw in tripple coverage, Gentry let it hit on the helmet.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X