No announcement yet.

NIL Things - All Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does revenue sharing eliminate the NIL in the near future??????

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
      Does revenue sharing eliminate the NIL in the near future??????
      That is why they are going down to high school. I do believe that the fat cats will fight to keep the NIL so they can pay more than what revenue sharing will do. People want winning teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        Does revenue sharing eliminate the NIL in the near future??????
        No. The Supreme Court ruled that college (and high school, I imagine) athletes have a right to their NIL, just as professionals do. Pros are paid by their clubs and also do TV ads, sign autographs, etc. Now, so can college players.

Comment

• I wonder if a buy-out clause can be written into the NIL contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            I wonder if a buy-out clause can be written into the NIL contracts.
            it has occurred..

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              I wonder if a buy-out clause can be written into the NIL contracts.
              The NCAA has approved revenue sharing. This should impact the NIL, but to what degree, who knows. You still have supporters who want to win.

Comment

• From Bucknuts ($) ‘$5 Gs for a 16-year-old?’ … As our Jonah Booker mentioned yesterday on X, Miami running back Mark Fletcher – who was once verbally committed to Ohio State – revealed some interesting information about the 7-on-7 culture in Florida. Fletcher said that kids down there are getting paid $5,000 weekend for playing in 7-on-7 events. Yes, kids are making $45K in three months playing 7-on-7.

--- This is why Ohio has been trying to lift the ban on 7 on 7 and spring ball. The talented kids leave the state for the money. What caused Chris Henry to leave Withrow and go to California.. The kids have been leaving for years. UC basketball has a couple of locals who did play out of state.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

The NCAA has approved revenue sharing. This should impact the NIL, but to what degree, who knows. You still have supporters who want to win.
                  Paying players will lower the amount of NIL needed for some players who may not have had inclination or realized their endorsement opportunities. This will mean the more elite recruits (starters and guys who get significant PT) will draw more NIL endorsement deals. NIL will become more important as the elite recruits will have more competition for their services.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• NCAA: Paying the players is just the tip of the iceberg for college sports (usatoday.com)
                    This was posted today but probably the same information that was posted yesterday.

Comment

• The school revenue sharing will be capped. That being so, the collectives will still provide the sums to hire the big names. With players getting money, I read that contracts will be issued. This will affect the transfer portal quite a bit as players will stay.. So, the schools with the biggest collectives, will still get their choice of players.I wonder if you will be able to fire the players not reaching their potential. I can imagine the need for more contract experts in the Athletic Departments as well as counselors.

Comment

• There's much of this I just don't understand; but maybe someone here can explain one thing in particular to me.

The way I've always understood it, and perhaps I'm totally mistaken is that, despite the huge revenues we always see being reported, these schools and athletic departments don't actually make much from sports. And that's if they make anything at all. I seem to recall seeing a number of HUGE programs close to breaking even once it's all said and done. Some making a few million, some losing a few million, and many right in between at the break even point.

It was my understanding that this could be simply explained by the fact that the enormous amounts that the revenue sports were bringing in was then used to supplement all of the other athletic programs at the school. I mean, think of the cost it takes to run a single non revenue sport. Then start adding them all up, pretty much every program that's not football or basketball, and see how much of those "profits" were eaten up.

Am I wrong on this? Was I missing something when I looked at those athletic department financial reports in years past? (Ex: One year I believe Ohio State lost money on athletics)

The reason I bring this up is it seldom seems discussed when talking about how unfair and greedy the previous system was. It may not have been perfect or fair to players briging in the bulk of money but I don't think it was as cut and dry as saying these schools were getting rich off these kids either. I saw it more as a robbing Peter to pay Paul type of thing.

So I guess my question is, does any of this affect all of the teams at a particular school? If colleges were taking all of that money and using it to fund the entire athletic department what happens now?

PS Don't even get me started on how NIL is totally off the rails and has little to do with name, image and likeness. Or the complications Title IX creates because of equal scholarships and having to accomplish that with an 85 man football roster.

Comment

• Very creative as the rich will be getting richer. They will sell 750 tickets for each practice totaling 150 k.

Ohio State announced Thursday that it will open its first four practices of preseason camp on Aug. 1, Aug. 2, Aug. 3 and Aug. 4 to fans, with tickets for each practice session costing $50....
                          They will also sell tickets to a luncheon with Ryan Day for 2,500 a ticket.
                          Proceeds from tickets to the practices and the kickoff luncheon – which are being sold by Ohio State Sports Properties, a locally based team from Learfield, rather than Ohio State's athletic department – will benefit Ohio State's name, image and likeness efforts in 2024 and beyond.

What do you imagine the turnout would be if the Cats did this?

Comment

• A little overview of the NIL Summit that UC folks attended and came back with the Best Program award.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/7/8...lassified.aspx
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              A little overview of the NIL Summit that UC folks attended and came back with the Best Program award.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/7/8...lassified.aspx
                              well you can get all the NIL awards you want, I will take the better players won by the NIL any day.

Comment

• House Settlement is going to reel this stuff back in.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/567...uit-settlement
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X