No announcement yet.

NIL Things - All Sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as fans, we do not make pretty good money and we will not shut up. In fact, we are the ones who are partially funding their pretty good money through tuition, tickets, shirts, etc.

Comment

Although I wish NIL would go away, I think Brey's comment is sensible and realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
        Although I wish NIL would go away, I think Brey's comment is sensible and realistic.
        I agree with that. Coaches need to figure it out as much as they can. It’s confusing right now though.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It is safe to say, that it is here.

Comment

Kirk Herbstreit predicted this " "I think that there’s another step to this," Herbstreit said. "With the TV networks — I never really said this publicly — but with the TV networks giving a lot of money to college athletics, I think it’s inevitable that eventually the players are going to have it, whether it’s a union or somebody’s going to represent them, and they’re going to say, 'Hey, why not allow us to have a share of the television money?'"

Comment

I thought that the PAC already formed unions. Or did they just talk about it?

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                I thought that the PAC already formed unions. Or did they just talk about it?
                The players tried before NIL and it didn't go their way. Might still be on the table after all this.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The players tried before NIL and it didn't go their way. Might still be on the table after all this.
                  Well Herbie is well connected with the networks and the teams. I would say that it is a logical progression. The networks don't want to upset either side. Since the NIL we are basically in a brand new day. It will be interesting to see if the power schools try to keep the money out of the hands of all the players and force them to attend their schools for the big pay days.

Comment

Ohio administrators reject NIL for high school students in Ohio.

"Out of 792 member schools of the 817 voting, the measure failed 538-254. So, 68% of OHSAA member schools said no. There were 21 abstentions.

By rejecting the proposal, Ohio’s athletes remain unable sign endorsement deals without losing their amateur status."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...csp=chromepush

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

"Out of 792 member schools of the 817 voting, the measure failed 538-254. So, 68% of OHSAA member schools said no. There were 21 abstentions.

By rejecting the proposal, Ohio’s athletes remain unable sign endorsement deals without losing their amateur status."

one battle and not the war.

Comment

I wonder if the 32-percent who voted for it are the wealthy districts and private schools.

Comment

Wasn’t the whole point of NIL to allow players to share in the lucrative TV, conference, and booster money? High School sports are not money makers, except for a few exceptions. In fact many if not most schools charge players a fee to join the teams. I get there are some motivated parents and even more motivated agents hanging around, but NIL for HS just makes no sense.

Comment

so does any think that some kids might move out of state to play in a state which has HS NIL deals.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

so does any think that some kids might move out of state to play in a state which has HS NIL deals.
                              That's possible, but many of the states (maybe most) have transfer restrictions, usually involving missing a number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Yes, I bet we see some of this

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X