This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

You'd think they would have started this already? If they find nothing, feel like this is a bad look going public about this and will only amplify recruiting challenges in the meantime. If they do find something, obviously time to move forward but hopefully the ball was already moving or this could cause problems with all these kids (non-UC) already in the portal and falling behind in a coaching search. So now we wait some more...
    I have a different theory. They were negotiating a buy out and failed to reach an agreement. So now they make the inquiry public, applying more pressure on Brannen. Negotiating tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I have a different theory. They were negotiating a buy out and failed to reach an agreement. So now they make the inquiry public, applying more pressure on Brannen. Negotiating tactics.
      Good thought, London

Also:
      Source says that UC players were notified this morning that the compliance and athletic department will begin conducting interviews with each of them about recent allegations and conduct of the coaching staff. #Bearcats @fox19 - Jeremy Rauch

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Good thought, London

Also:
        Source says that UC players were notified this morning that the compliance and athletic department will begin conducting interviews with each of them about recent allegations and conduct of the coaching staff. #Bearcats @fox19 - Jeremy Rauch
        I hope they are also working on a replacement for Brannen if it ends up with termination of his employment.

Comment

• My guess from reading that release is they are farther down the road on it than what the message indicates. I'd bet he's gone. May be more to the story than what is/has been released.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
            My guess from reading that release is they are farther down the road on it than what the message indicates. I'd bet he's gone. May be more to the story than what is/has been released.
            My thoughts exactly, Coach.

Comment

My guess from reading that release is they are farther down the road on it than what the message indicates. I'd bet he's gone. May be more to the story than what is/has been released.
              I tend to agree with this. This is about getting independent lawyers to find cause for termination without paying the buyout.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This sounds like they're looking for a cause to fire him and get out of the buyout. I hope they're not just starting now. Anything along this line should have been done already.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                  This sounds like they're looking for a cause to fire him and get out of the buyout. I hope they're not just starting now. Anything along this line should have been done already.
                  I think Coach nailed this point on the head. Relax and see how it plays out. I think it won’t be as long as we think.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I think Coach nailed this point on the head. Relax and see how it plays out. I think it won’t be as long as we think.
                    WHy not so long? It has taken forever to put out any statement.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

WHy not so long? It has taken forever to put out any statement.
                      There's been a lot going on behind the scenes.

Comment

There's been a lot going on behind the scenes.
                        Agree, Coach. This is close to the end, in my opinion and experience. UC has made the decision to move on it's only a question of how much it will cost it.

Comment

• I also think announcing closer to the 3/31 date makes sense as they probably weren't going to do much prior to that in terms of buyout- since it drops some at 3/31. (that is if they don't let him go based on cause) I agree a lot has been going on in background

Comment

• Originally posted by Cincymoe View Post
                            I also think announcing closer to the 3/31 date makes sense as they probably weren't going to do much prior to that in terms of buyout- since it drops some at 3/31. (that is if they don't let him go based on cause) I agree a lot has been going on in background

I don't believe his buyout drops 3/31/21. The payout to Uc if he left for another job does, but not his guarantee if he's let go. That doesn't drop until 2022.

Comment

• Wow, just wow!!! Another 180 on how this ends for Brannen. My head is spinning.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Congratulations Fellas, this tanks our basketball program. Won't be able to recruit while this is happening. Process will takes weeks so even if we do fire him we will miss on tons of transfers and be way late to the coaching carousel. John Cunningham wasted two weeks and then dropped this s*** on us. My personal opinion, F*** John Cunningham, He needs to be fired.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X