Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Goodman - not sure there is technically new info here, but helps confirm that they didn't start investigating today (Justin Williams piece mentioned some guys leaving had met with AD, if I'm not mistaken)

Cincinnati announced that it is investigating allegations into its men’s basketball program. Sources told @Stadium that some players have already been interviewed regarding treatment by the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

There's been a lot going on behind the scenes.
      Per Jeff Goodman

"Cincinnati announced that it is investigating allegations into its men’s basketball program. Sources told @Stadium that some players have already been interviewed regarding treatment by the coaching staff."

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Per Jeff Goodman

"Cincinnati announced that it is investigating allegations into its men’s basketball program. Sources told @Stadium that some players have already been interviewed regarding treatment by the coaching staff."

WLW just reported that moments ago.... Sounds like the AD / Board could be looking for just cause on firing Brannen? If their allegations of some form of abuse, which their are many forms... Could be a possible way out and not owing him the $4.5m Owed? Is that correct ? Similar to when Looserville fired Pitino? Obviously under different circumstances...

Comment

• Obviously none of us know for sure but I would say that... the only thing surprising about this is why it took so long. The mass exodus plus some of the rumored details had a bad look to it and UC had to look into this. They couldnt just ignore it but their silence up until this point was ridiculous and harmful to the program. Now.. that being said... they could come back and say... nothing abusive or anything approaching it... just less than we would like from our head coach and thats the end of it. WE.. DO... NOT.. KNOW. I think speculation about looking for cause because they already decided they want him gone is unwarranted. Again.. could it be.. maybe... but its only a guess and not really helpful. I can say this.. in all of the rumors put out about their issues with the coach.. NONE of them have been what i would considered fireable. I've not heard of anything that I would consider "serious".. which is not to say I want my coach alienating players. My main point I guess is to again hope the forum sticks with what we REALLY know.

Comment

• How in the world can UC recruit the transfer portal with this albatross hanging out there? What do you tell a potential recruit? We have no chance at landing talent until this is put to bed one way or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
              Obviously none of us know for sure but I would say that... the only thing surprising about this is why it took so long. The mass exodus plus some of the rumored details had a bad look to it and UC had to look into this. They couldnt just ignore it but their silence up until this point was ridiculous and harmful to the program. Now.. that being said... they could come back and say... nothing abusive or anything approaching it... just less than we would like from our head coach and thats the end of it. WE.. DO... NOT.. KNOW. I think speculation about looking for cause because they already decided they want him gone is unwarranted. Again.. could it be.. maybe... but its only a guess and not really helpful. I can say this.. in all of the rumors put out about their issues with the coach.. NONE of them have been what i would considered fireable. I've not heard of anything that I would consider "serious".. which is not to say I want my coach alienating players. My main point I guess is to again hope the forum sticks with what we REALLY know.
              No offense, but it is abundantly clear that John Cunningham wants him gone. You don't hire an outside company and announce it publicly that you are investigating it. If they can settle or find a cause to fire him he will be gone. If he comes to coach next year Cunningham is handicapping him on purpose so that he can fire him after next year for poor performance considering we won't be able to get the recruits we need.

Comment

• 100% agree... this should have been completed quickly... you talk to players.. get their side.. you talk to coaches get their side.. decide if anything MUST be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                  How in the world can UC recruit the transfer portal with this albatross hanging out there? What do you tell a potential recruit? We have no chance at landing talent until this is put to bed one way or another.
                  We can't. That's my biggest problem. This process has taken WAY too long. It's going to take another couple of weeks for this process to play out and we'll be late to the coaching carousel and therefore late on a lot of transfers. If somehow someway Brannen is still the coach we won't get any recruits/transfers until this is over and once again be way late on transfers. In terms of having success next season, we have tied at least one hand behind our backs. We could be tying both hands behind our back depending on how long this takes.

Comment

• YOU DONT KNOW THAT. You could be correct but you could be 100% wrong. So.. unless you got real information to back up the statement.. I dont want to get in front of actual factual info.

Comment

• Anonymous quotes from a parent to Jeremy Rauch of Fox19 https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...29537522524164

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                        YOU DONT KNOW THAT. You could be correct but you could be 100% wrong. So.. unless you got real information to back up the statement.. I dont want to get in front of actual factual info.
                        This is a message board... a place to put out our opinions and thoughts as well as respond to others opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what I have to say then ignore my comments.

Comment

• If those quotes are true, that seems rather feeble for the terminology being thrown around the program and directed towards Coach. I would think you would share your best evidence not that...

Comment

• Except the insinuation that JB used this tactic at NKU, keeping all people including parents from the bubble away from the covid was state mandated. He was merely doing what was required of from each and every person. And I have never hurt of any hard feelings, allegations, or insinuations of these kind coming from any of his former players or parents. I can't believe that UC would drag their feet on this if their were any validity whatsoever. Im seeing JB trying to keep his team safe and healthy, playing as many games as possible, fielding a respectable team and pi$$ing a lot of people off as he did so. I hope that is all it is. Its time to put this to bed once and for all if these kids want to leave let em go, if they want to whine and cry let em go somewhere else to do it.
                            Last edited by Rufus; 03-26-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• I am not sure if this is fair, but I'm going to speculate that those quotes to Fox 19 were from Saunders' mom. Could be off base and I apologize, and it doesn't add much to the conversation but...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                Anonymous quotes from a parent to Jeremy Rauch of Fox19 https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...29537522524164
                                There's got to be more to it than that.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X