This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

WHy not so long? It has taken forever to put out any statement.
    speaking up without dotting the iiis leads to potential lawsuits. I am sure the University lawyers are on top of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
      Chad Brendel on with Lance Mccalister currently. Main Points

Investigation began 4-6 weeks ago internally
      Believes the statement clearly stated that Cunningham wants to fire John Brannen
      No communication between AD and Coach outside of text messages. No phone calls, no in person meetings.
      Kills recruiting. Lance called coach a dead man walking on the recruiting trail and Chad agreed.
      Both agreed they are squeezing John Brannen trying to use leverage but completely driving the program into the ground while doing so.
      Believes John Brannen has coached his last game at the University of Cincinnati.
      Justin Williams on with Lance:
      - It certainly seems like another step towards the likely inevitable parting of ways / seems less and less likely that it ends up any other way
      - Thinks this has a broader scope than cultural issues, will possibly see some compliance issues but nothing abusive/malicious (as far as he has heard)
      - Coaching staff has remained active on the recruiting trail, got a recent commit (Bryson Spell) but does not see how you can move forward with rebuilding the roster until there is some resolution with this; no matter the outcome, would think they want to wrap this up as soon as possible
      - How things have played out so far, hard to anticipate Brannen remaining the coach (not unprecedented just unlikely)
      - Didn't want to get into specifics but has a forthcoming piece on The Athletic, stay tuned (tastefully brought up in response to a question, not trying to self-promote) - sounds like it could drop within the hour, in the hands of the editor(s)

Comment

• as I said this morning folks. Watch it play out and hope for the right resolution. That would be an abrupt end to this cess pool and a whirlwind coach like Kelly was when he took the football job. I believe with this mess, the new coach just might be pleasing , especially with all the money being spent on the mess. Perhaps he might even be vetted - unlike JB and the Senator.

Comment

• New article from Justin Williams ($) - Details of Cincinnati’s review of allegations against its men’s basketball program, what’s next for Bearcats https://theathletic.com/2480256/2021...-for-bearcats/

Comment

• Is there something else going on? You betcha. Egos, politics, money.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              So, are we looking at 1983 when Tony Yates took over, or 2006 where Mick Cronin took over?
              I think the Cronin scenario is in play here
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• CARA violations are in play here. ($) Too much practice time or team activities . That’s cause .

Details of Cincinnati’s review of allegations against its men’s basketball program, what’s next for Bearcats
                https://theathletic.com/2480256/2021...shared_article

Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  CARA violations are in play here. ($) Too much practice time or team activities . That’s cause .

Details of Cincinnati’s review of allegations against its men’s basketball program, what’s next for Bearcats
                  https://theathletic.com/2480256/2021...shared_article
                  I missed that last sentence of 4th or 5th paragraph first time I read it. That info should've been the lead.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• We’re done here. This about money and it’s all but over.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Justin Williams on with Lance:
                      - It certainly seems like another step towards the likely inevitable parting of ways / seems less and less likely that it ends up any other way
                      - Thinks this has a broader scope than cultural issues, will possibly see some compliance issues but nothing abusive/malicious (as far as he has heard)
                      - Coaching staff has remained active on the recruiting trail, got a recent commit (Bryson Spell) but does not see how you can move forward with rebuilding the roster until there is some resolution with this; no matter the outcome, would think they want to wrap this up as soon as possible
                      - How things have played out so far, hard to anticipate Brannen remaining the coach (not unprecedented just unlikely)
                      - Didn't want to get into specifics but has a forthcoming piece on The Athletic, stay tuned (tastefully brought up in response to a question, not trying to self-promote) - sounds like it could drop within the hour, in the hands of the editor(s)
                      so it wasn't about not wearing hats to meetings. This is business gentlemen.
                      Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-26-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Just want to clarify something... There is a limit of 20 hours per week of practice/games. MAJORITY of programs in EVERY collegiate sport go over this rule. For example, I texted a friend that is currently a GIRLS VOLLEYBALL player and she said they go over 20 hours pretty consistently and one week they were around 30 hours. John Cunningham is grasping at straws here and don't get me wrong. This is a cause for firing based on the rulebook but it is happening everywhere and this just proves how much John Cunningham wants to get rid of John Brannen he will stoop to these levels to get him out. Not a good look for a new coach, knowing you'll be handicapped with practice time compared to other programs. We are thin ice here but proceeding to fire our coach because of THIS specific reasoning.

EDIT: Also texted two baseball players at two different schools. They don't believe they've ever had an in-season week of under 20 hours of the game/practice time limit.
                        Last edited by CincyBearcats2; 03-26-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• ... and again.. i gotta ask.. WHY ?! If true... WHY is the AD looking for cause ? What is the core issue that makes the desire to remove JB ? I'm still at a loss to understand the root cause of wanting him gone.

Comment

• Well, UC, as a public university, is subject to open records laws. The truth will eventually come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                              ... and again.. i gotta ask.. WHY ?! If true... WHY is the AD looking for cause ? What is the core issue that makes the desire to remove JB ? I'm still at a loss to understand the root cause of wanting him gone.
                              John Brannen must've taken a s*** on Cunningham's desk. I mean that's the only explanation I can think of? Just right in the middle of his desk. That's gotta be it.

Comment

• Look back at the PR on landing TerriE and ZackH. University prides itself on drawing talented kids. It speaks to potential students. Lose a few to Covid and the portal, it's understood. Lose most of your prized recruits and it reflects poorly on the University. It's unfortunate but clear the AD has not worked out the kinks behind the scenes. It's clear by his posture now that the crisis will not be owned at the top. Coach can win games, but no apparent willingness to express a vote of confidence and rebuild. Really sad situation. I wish Coach JB nothing but the best.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X