Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, i think Holtman did a wonderful job of spreading those minutes between those 8 players who saw action. The good news is he's going to make a big push to land Zach Harvey in the offseason as his 15 minutes their will keep him happy. Meanwhile the Osu boards want Holtman's scalp right now. Cue the Osu transfer portal.

Now Leo from Cbus spend some time back home and enjoy your fellow fans. Talk them down from the ledge, take 2 aspirin and call Zach Harvey in the am.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum...mann-overrated
    Last edited by coach; 03-19-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
      And just like that Oral Roberts made everyone in Clifton happy
      Can’t say that I’m sad OSU lost given that they cast a huge shadow over all other programs in the state. Plus they have some truly obnoxious fans. But I have some good friends who are very sad tonight and I know how that feels.
      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
        Yea, i think Holtman did a wonderful job of spreading those minutes between those 8 players who saw action. The good news is he's going to make a big push to land Zach Harvey in the offseason as his 15 minutes their will keep him happy. Meanwhile the Osu boards want Holtman's scalp right now. Cue the Osu transfer portal.

Now Leo from Cbus spend some time back home and enjoy your fellow fans. Talk them down from the ledge, take 2 aspirin and call Zach Harvey in the am.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum...mann-overrated
        I will make them laugh coach to cheer them up. I will give them all your insights that you have posted as an expert. That will be the cure.

Comment

• so coach I see you know an tOSU forum. I go to Bucknuts. But once again you prove your lack of observation. Nine Buckeyes got into the game as Brown replaced Liddell at the end of the first half. You made a big point of only 8, but you were not paying attention. I thought a "winning coach" paid attention to details.
          Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-19-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see what the real story is in full, besides this soap opera that's playing out. Maybe, Brannen handed the team over to the freshman too soon, maybe. "Spare the rod, spoil the child" sort of speak. If these freshman are what is being said maybe they were empowered with entitlement. Seemed like there was a rift early on in the season after the Xavier game and a couple games going forward as to leadership. Kind of feel like CBJ poisoned his own barrel, promoting and giving away minutes. Also starting first year players and not leaning on the experience he had at the time.

CBJ is a good coach, quirky and awkward but passionate. Believe he got caught up in his own flavor to start the year, after a share of the conference the year before. Tried to push his recruits to the front instead of allowing them to rise. This can't all be the freshman's fault especially when it was his class and he supposedly knew the mentality he was bringing in. Couldn't be all Covid either but definitely played a factor. Something was definitely off about the squad and who they looked to for leadership to start the year. Which was weird because the most consistent player was hands down Williams. Someone who was AAC battle tested but when you leave a crack in the door, eventually it is going to open and any battles over the top spot will leave scars going forward. Not to say Williams took the reigns over the way you would want but it was his first year leading as a upperclassmen. Not everyone instinctively just takes over some leaders have to be coached up. I feel this has something to do with the disconnect.
            Last edited by RecNizeRealBCat; 03-19-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Williams was no leader. It's not in his personality. ****, he couldn't even stay on the floor. Davenport is the closest thing they have to a leader. Leaders stand up when things get tough and he is doing that by making a commitment to the team when many others ran away. Hopefully Brannen will trust him and listen to him to help gauge the pulse of the team and how is actions are being perceived.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                so coach I see you know an tOSU forum. I go to Bucknuts. But once again you prove your lack of observation. Nine Buckeyes got into the game as Brown replaced Liddell at the end of the first half. You made a big point of only 8, but you were not paying attention. I thought a "winning coach" paid attention to details.
                Better to work on this first.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ournament-loss

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                  CJB probably should’ve adapted better to the situation at hand however he’s always been very methodical and set in ways and very analytic based. He’s definitely more business and mission focused than he is a people person. However, the vibe I got from this article make the kids look worse than CJB. Fighting back tears because you weren’t playing? Get better, try harder. Complaining about rules regarding ear rings, hats, and du rags in team meetings? You’ll be fine, I promise. I’m 21 years old so don’t hit me with those “okay boomer” comments either. I just finished up my sports life 3 years ago and we’ve always had rules like this. ****, I’m in a college and I’ve had a professor with a no hats in class rule. Both sides agreed there was no sense of abuse but they were scared to ride an elevator with him? You’re trying to tell me ONE MAN almost ruined your love for the game? .... stop it. No way any one in this freshman class makes it through a summer with Mick. Another personal opinion, I think Mason didn’t have a problem with CJB and would’ve stayed but he also had a good bond with the other freshman and didn’t wanna feel like he was betraying them including his brother by staying. Seems like CJB did the same things he usually does but with covid, losing, and emotional freshman it seems he’s getting thrown under the bus. Respect to CJB for not throwing these guys under the bus back. Found this interesting, the seniors, supposed to be the leaders and the mentors. Usually when guys transfer, you’ll repost on your story or reply to their transfer announcements or like it. Just to wish them luck or show your support with a little caption. Chris Vogt and Keith Williams. Didn’t like or comment on a single one of the transfers posts, they liked Jeremiahs returning tweet immediately though. Seems as if they were tired of their s***. No more mouthy twitter moms. No more butterfly tattoos. We need physical, mentally tough grown men. There’s a reason Houston beat our *****. It’s not because of their style of play. Not because Sampson undoes his tie and throws a fit but because they can walk on to the court and deliver body blows to us for 40 minutes and could go for another 40 if they wanted to. We need blue collar, chips on shoulders, WORKERS. That’s what built Cincinnati basketball. That’s what will REBUILD Cincinnati basketball. Go get another Mika, Mr. consistent, tough guy outta NY. go get another JD, put on for my city thick n thin. Go get another DDJ heart and soul into this game. Starting tomorrow Bryson Spell, unranked. Arizona State doesn’t wanna pull the trigger and offer. Virginia Tech doesn’t wanna pull the trigger an offer? Ight bet I’ll go to Cincinnati and work my ***** off with a chip on my shoulder because I know I’m 10X better than Elon. Go get George Papas cocky *****. Go get Myron Gardner I wanna dunk every single possession on your head. Tari didn’t wanna body down low. Yeah he’ll rebound and he’s athletic but he DOESN’T WANNA BANG. Get me some BANGERS down there. Where’s a Coreonte Deberry @ when you need him. There’s a reason Xavier beats our *****. Tough guys, Naji Marshall, Paul Scruggs, a youngin in Dwon Odom. This is Cincinnati Basketball. We ain’t going no where. Knock this doom and gloom s*** off. Imma ride with CJB. This man can coach, he’s got over a .600 win percentage here in his 2 years and we’re supposed to fire him because a few entitled freshman want to throw a fit? We gonna reload, just need to reload with men and not boys. Those boys gone. Division doesn’t fix s***. Let’s rally around the coaches and young men still here and let’s f****** roll.

END RANT.
                  Can someone get CincyBearcats2 in front of CJB for an interview? Even some of Mick's guys were soft, but this crew was another level soft. Lets get back to basics; guys that can play and accept their roles. Listen to Alex Meacham's podcast / interviews. EVERY player under Huggs thought about transferring at one point. Remember when Erik Martin stormed off the bench mid-game? Guess who is on Huggs current coaching staff. Hicks talked about Huggs riding his *** hard. K-mart, well enough said. Look at the beasts that were produced. The blue collar ball was way more fun to watch than a bunch of soft *** complainers.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                    This simply unacceptable behavior. I am not aO$U fan but have some respect and decency. This is borderline criminal conduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

This simply unacceptable behavior. I am not aO$U fan but have some respect and decency. This is borderline criminal conduct.
                      I agree 100% Have some class. These are still kids.

That being said its a GAME. If it isnt played the world keeps rotating. To make death threats over a GAME? What IS the world coming too....?

I hope they do press charges. No place in sports for that nonsense!!!

Comment

• Taking things too seriously and crossing the line when to/about student athletes isn't unique to Ohio state; however, these threats would cross the line takking about professionals. Truly sad
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• David DeJulius speaks out on his support for coach John Brannen, commitment to Cincinnati basketball

($) https://theathletic.com/2466105/2021....co/Ljqup6YE8w

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gmann;n379177]"Williams was no leader. It's not in his personality. ****, he couldn't even stay on the floor. Davenport is the closest thing they have to a leader."

Davenport wasn't as consistent and being a sophomore I'd expect it but I bet the numbers will prove what I'm saying. Plus when he wasn't in the game you felt it, If he had another year he might of shown a solid leader to you. Not sure what your speaking from though. Williams was behind upperclassmen his whole tenure at UC. And he's played in dog fights, only player on the team to win a championship conference and tournament besides Diarra. Something to build from but that was the crack in the door, with Davenport and Dejulius.
                            Last edited by RecNizeRealBCat; 03-20-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• I just saw Justin Williams on Sports of All Sorts. He repeatedly said "if John Brannen is the coach." At this point I thought it was a done deal that he returns. Perhaps the silence from UC means no decision has been made either way?

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                I just saw Justin Williams on Sports of All Sorts. He repeatedly said "if John Brannen is the coach." At this point I thought it was a done deal that he returns. Perhaps the silence from UC means no decision has been made either way?
                                It has ben a whirlwind week for all of us. I've come 360 and behind Brannen again. I think silence from the AD means there really isn't anything to say
                                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X