This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    I registered for Coffee with Cunningham this morning. The Zoom link would not work. The link was invalid. Sounds typical for the current state of UC athletics.
    From @TheDenUC on Twitter (not sure who that is): @GoBearcatsMBB, nothing to say at this moment. Have to let the this review process go through. JC says he’s ready to take criticism at the moment, but isn’t in a place to he transparent.

Comment

• A couple of interesting things came my way recently:

1. Tari and Davenport are really tight. I went to watch them play in The Smith League. After the game Tari was asked if UC was still an option. His reply, and I quote - “If things break the right way, UC is the ONLY option” (unquote)

2. Mick Cronin has been in touch with the athletic department multiple times advocating for Darrin Savino, and Huggins has called on behalf of Eric Martin.

That’s all I got!

My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• I would like to see Eric Martin. Not sure about Darren.

Comment

• A major no comment on the basketball program for the most part. I was thinking that would happen.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It was the first thing mentioned on the call. Cunningham explained it was important to let the process work and communicate when the time is right. He understands the criticism he's receiving and all of the discussion about the topic, but he's willing to be criticized if the process is handled correctly and the right way. Paraphrasing.

Comment

• Board member just added that she supported Cunningham's stance that "he's bound to not saying anything, and I can't either."

Comment

• That Huggs or Mick would call to advocate for their assistants is huge given how both must feel ill will toward the university.

That Tari would make a comment that UC is the only ootion if things break the right way is foreboding for Brannen, but hopeful to fans.

I understand the need for silence and can only hope that the BoT is backing the right pony by supporting JC.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDW79 View Post

Any chance you can share what you heard that caught you off guard?

I'm dying for info here. Between yours and Lobot's comments here, what I'm able to see on 247 and elsewhere, I feel like a TON of people have heard some more serious things but no one ever shares the info. Where are you guys hearing this, and why does it seem to be a rule that under no cicrumstances can it be shared on a message board?

I wish I could but I can't reveal my source..... I am hoping we have a decision sometime today or tomorrow..

Comment

• I would luv to see Eric Martin as HC.... And It would be nice to see a few other former Bearcats as AC.

Comment

• If true, both Martin and Savino would be OK with me. Maybe time to bring JaQuon Parker back as an assistant.

Comment

• Would like to see Martin before Savino, But? Savino is an upgrade over Brannen.... I would like to see, Buford, Nelson, Van Exel, Parker, White on the Bench.... Anyone of them would be a nice addition....

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                          Would like to see Martin before Savino, But? Savino is an upgrade over Brannen.... I would like to see, Buford, Nelson, Van Exel, Parker, White on the Bench.... Anyone of them would be a nice addition....
                          I think Anthony Buford (if he has any interest in coaching?) is a 100% no to be anywhere near UC's bench. JaQuon Parker? He does not have the credentials to be an assistant coach at UC's level - he was in an entry level position on Mick's staff for a couple years (basically a big brother/mentor to the players -- a liaison between players and coaches)...

If there is an opportunity to upgrade UC's coaching staff (beyond a potential new head coach)and that includes former Bearcats, I am all for it. But seems like we are really lowering our standards here.
                          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-01-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Regarding Buford.. yeah.. lets go ahead and say any prison time is a disqualifier !

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I think Anthony Buford (if he has any interest in coaching?) is a 100% no to be anywhere near UC's bench. JaQuon Parker? He does not have the credentials to be an assistant coach at UC's level - he was in an entry level position on Mick's staff for a couple years (basically a big brother/mentor to the players -- a liaison between players and coaches)...

If there is an opportunity to upgrade UC's coaching staff (beyond a potential new head coach)and that includes former Bearcats, I am all for it. But seems like we are really lowering our standards here.
                              I know, but Parker may have made a difference this past season.

Comment

• I too would like to see former Bearcats on the coaching staff but I really don't want to turn the head coaching position over to anyone who hasn't at least had some experience and success at the mid-major level like Huggs, Cronin and even Brannen did. We can't afford 2-3 years of growing pains or worse. All these coaches are going to stump for their assistants but they should be encouraging them to go off and get some experience on a smaller stage first. Another route is the known former NBA guy (Howard, Hardaway etc.) with a reputation and connections to get high level talent not a fringe guy.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X