This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post

We sell how well this worked for us when we brought in Tommy Tubberville in football!
    Actually this is a good way to lure a coach. Work very hard, be successful, win games, and be coach for life. Be lazy, lose miserably, and almost destroy the program, become a US Senator. How can you go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I know there is the problem. We will have to settle for a coach that we can afford and hope that he will turn into a Huggins. Enjoy him until the elitists comes with their bags of cash.
      I mean we're on our 3rd coach in 31 years which is likely in the upper quartile of stability. Not sure how Brannen would work out if he had 5 years, but if they don't want him then they have to pony up. However, put in perspective from JC call of today, we've only sold 12k fball season tickets excluding student tickets which is pretty sobering. LIke it or not, the fans/alumni do not commit in big ways to the program financially. It's a big issue and even worse with the covid situation. A lot of fans talk a big game, but many do not open their wallets.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

I mean we're on our 3rd coach in 31 years which is likely in the upper quartile of stability. Not sure how Brannen would work out if he had 5 years, but if they don't want him then they have to pony up. However, put in perspective from JC call of today, we've only sold 12k fball season tickets excluding student tickets which is pretty sobering. LIke it or not, the fans/alumni do not commit in big ways to the program financially. It's a big issue and even worse with the covid situation. A lot of fans talk a big game, but many do not open their wallets.
        COVID is holding down the season ticket sales. I think if we get some clarity on attendance capacity the sales increase. 12K is a sellout under the current rules.

Comment

• That's all good and well, but in big money college athletics, not to mention how affordable the season tickets still are here, it's very disappointing. Uc if for some reason they can't field full capacity has already allowed fans to roll amounts to future seasons, donate, et. al. At some point fans have to take ownership of the program and step up to the plate. It's been an issue for a long time, and those who have been around and supported the programs financially are very, very aware of it. They don't have blank checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
            Here is a question. What about bringing in Rick Pitino for about 4 or 5 years with the understanding that he would groom a successor to take over the basketball program long-term? A lot of fans may not like this pick. However, Pitino is a winner. Also, it would not take him a long time to get Cincinnati back to being nationally relevant. Additionally, Pitino is a Hall of Fame coach who can bring the recruits in immediately. He has NBA experience, which is a huge selling point to recruits, and he has won multiple NCAA basketball championships. It is true that Pitino comes with baggage, so damn what! The man can coach. Rick Pitino is going to end up back at a relevant program. Maybe UC can get him before some other program does. Just a thought.
            This is a non starter. When Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich were violating NCAA rules at Lousiville, the Interim President and Provost was Neville Pinto. You'll notice that Pinto didn't hire Jurich over Cunningham. I doubt Jurich was ever a candidate for the job at all frankly.

Rick Pitino can coach but he's already stated he's retiring at Iona and not leaving. His career is on the downward side of the bell curve before you even throw in the NCAA violations. Don't get me wrong because he would win here but at this late stage in his career, he would be a stop gap solution for the program and the likelihood of longterm damage in a huge concern.

Last edited by Lobot; 04-01-2021, 04:36 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Somebody is still reruiting with passion.

"UT Martin transfer Cam Holden is down to six schools Cincinnati Bearcats are among the six schools he is considering.
              Cincinnati: “They made it really because of their coaching staff. I had a good relationship with one of the assistant coaches from Juco, coach Gee so i'm just looking to see what coach he is going to do. He called me when I was at junior college and now he's calling me now so it means a lot to me. That's why i'm big on them along with them being in a great conference.”
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Is there still an Athletic Committee and does it have any clout? Universities are big on the appearance of due process. Maybe part of the reason for the delay is that the Committee hasn't made its recommendation yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                  Never gonna happen... IF they send Brannen packing for some "real issue".. how can you then bring in a coach that has MAJOR MAJOR issues ? You can't.
                  I for one, would welcome Petino with open arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I for one, would welcome Petino with open arms.
                    A mix of Bobby and Ricky?
                    Cory Huffman
                    Cin City

Comment

• Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Sure. Bring them both on

Comment

• Originally posted by loshow22 View Post

Good one! Humor is needed in these desperate days. LOL

Comment

• Another day, another no decision. Just take your time Cunningham, drag it on a couple more weeks why don’t we?

Comment

• Not sure that Andy Furman is in any way a reliable source these days (maybe 15 years ago?) but he's suggesting Brannen is on or will be placed on admin. leave with no recruiting - if true, you'd hope that this would mean the final decision is imminent. Although I suppose he could have been placed on admin leave already, beginning last Friday? https://twitter.com/AndyFurmanFSR/st...83143450816519
                            Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-02-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Not sure that Andy Furman is in any way a reliable source these days (maybe 15 years ago?) but he's suggesting Brannen is on or will be placed on admin. leave with no recruiting - if true, you'd hope that this would mean the final decision is imminent. Although I suppose he could have been placed on admin leave already, beginning last Friday? https://twitter.com/AndyFurmanFSR/st...83143450816519
                              @CorryvilleCarl announced this several days ago. I don't think the Furball has anything new.Late next week or the week after until we get it from the horses mouth.

Comment

• From Jeremy Rauch of Fox 19:

Update on UC basketball situation and John Brannen: Source says no NCAA violations were committed by Brannen or his staff.

Source also says UC admin has yet to interview/speak with Brannen or his staff since the conference title game on March 14.

Bearcats @fox19

Part 2:
                                From what I understand, Brannen and his staff have been asking for clarification on "allegations" and are hoping to sit down with UC admin.

Interviews with players began before the conference tournament.

very slow process.
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 04-02-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X