No announcement yet.

Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't make light of this either, but you just never know. Gee is the President of WVU and so we will see.

Comment

I'm with Lobot, at this point you have to agree he has a problem that needs to be addressed. Far more important than his losing his job ( if it does occur ) but more importantly that people follows through to get him the proper help.

Last edited by Lobot; 06-17-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Maybe the court can order him to get an interlock (a blow and go) on his ignition. It will not help with his problem but it would keep him from driving after drinking. Something else that will not help him with his problem but would prevent future arrests is to get a driver. With his income, I suspect that he could afford one.

Comment

Hopefully his family gets involved a bit but in the end Bob has to decide to ask for help on his own. If he doesn’t think he needs help, he won’t succeed at recovery.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I have wondered if drinking didn't have something to do with the interview on 700 WLW on the Willie show. I remember from my younger partying days that lack of judgement and loose lips tend to come from drinking even though I don't think he was slurring his words from what I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
              I have wondered if drinking didn't have something to do with the interview on 700 WLW on the Willie show. I remember from my younger partying days that lack of judgement and loose lips tend to come from drinking even though I don't think he was slurring his words from what I can remember.
              I've had this same concern tbh.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If Huggs is not the coach this year, what options do incoming recruits, transfers, and current team members have under NCAA rules?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  If Huggs is not the coach this year, what options do incoming recruits, transfers, and current team members have under NCAA rules?
                  Will be interesting. When the radio stuff happened the new guys weren’t on campus yet. Now they are. So they’ve already transferred. Might need waivers to leave for another school.

Comment

National media reporting Huggins has told his team he is resigning.

Comment

Sad to see it end this way. Seems very similar to what happened at UC. He self destructed both times, and that’s the saddest part. He turns 70 before the upcoming season starts, hopefully he can concentrate on his own well being now.

Comment

Official https://wvusports.com/news/2023/6/17...ren-baker.aspx

Comment

Really hate seeing Huggs rep ruined. He had a good coaching run, but his personal not so much. I have no reason to talk though. I will remember his great coaching and the thrills he gave the cats.

Comment

I'm a life long Huggins fan. So it's really hard to see this happen. However, he brought this on himself. I hope he gets the help he needs & enjoys his retirement.

Comment

I am a life long Bob Huggins fan, and always will be regardless of what happened in Pittsburg yesterday... I'm guessing he had no choice to resign, or be fired as early as Monday.. Hopefully he'll take a year or two off to get his life back in order... He loves to coach, so hopefully Bob will land at a smaller school some day..

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                                I am a life long Bob Huggins fan, and always will be regardless of what happened in Pittsburg yesterday... I'm guessing he had no choice to resign, or be fired as early as Monday.. Hopefully he'll take a year or two off to get his life back in order... He loves to coach, so hopefully Bob will land at a smaller school some day..
                                Well he is around 70 today with a history of a bad heart. Sometimes being away from all the stress is good and one gets used to it. I am not sure if Huggs could. I also wonder if any network would take a chance on him as a commentator. Time will tell.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X