Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Well he is around 70 today with a history of a bad heart. Sometimes being away from all the stress is good and one gets used to it. I am not sure if Huggs could. I also wonder if any network would take a chance on him as a commentator. Time will tell.
    No network would hire him. He insulted the LGBT people. Look at Thom Brennaman,

Comment

Something interesting to bring up is whether or not he will still make his "donation" to Xavier if he hasn't already. He had to do that at the time to keep his job but now that is a moot point. He probably hates Xavier as much as I do so I would tell them to pound salt if I was him.

Comment

I would think that WVU anticipated this and covered it in his contract. Welcome to retirement Coach. He should have plenty of money. How long has he been making over $1 Million a year? And, for beer money, he can get Social Security.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
          I would think that WVU anticipated this and covered it in his contract. Welcome to retirement Coach. He should have plenty of money. How long has he been making over $1 Million a ye ar? And, for beer money, he can get Social Security.
          He has his State of Ohio pension plan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Well he is around 70 today with a history of a bad heart. Sometimes being away from all the stress is good and one gets used to it. I am not sure if Huggs could. I also wonder if any network would take a chance on him as a commentator. Time will tell.

Agree, age is somewhat a factor, but his health would be more of a concern... He's been overweight forever, and I honestly thought he had curved drinking back. I thought after the incident at UC, Bob had learned his lesson on heavy drinking, I guess not. He's the same age as Pitino. and Rick has landed another somewhat high profile job after his checkered past.. I would think if Bob ever wanted to coach again, a smaller school would be willing to take a chance.. He should probably take a few years off and get his life in order first.

Comment

Dan Hoard https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...08929704591372

"I’ve been thinking a lot about Coach Huggins. I’m not going to pass judgment. He’s been great to me and we share a bond over our love for Chuck Machock. Huggs gave UC fans incredible/indelible memories and his bond with his former players is as strong as any coach in any sport."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                Dan Hoard https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...08929704591372

"I’ve been thinking a lot about Coach Huggins. I’m not going to pass judgment. He’s been great to me and we share a bond over our love for Chuck Machock. Huggs gave UC fans incredible/indelible memories and his bond with his former players is as strong as any coach in any sport."
                agreed !!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been discussed in the past but why hasn't Huggins simply employed a personal driver??? Seems like a valuable investment and time saver regardless if you're impaired or not. It's become fairly common practice amongst high-profile/paid coaches, celebrities and wall street/finance/CEO types.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Daddy_Bearcat_07 View Post
                    I'm not sure if it's been discussed in the past but why hasn't Huggins simply employed a personal driver??? Seems like a valuable investment and time saver regardless if you're impaired or not. It's become fairly common practice amongst high-profile/paid coaches, celebrities and wall street/finance/CEO types.

No kidding! Would have saved him a lot of headache and heartache over the years!

Comment

• What about Huggins taking a gig as an assistant coach to mentor a young head coach? Do you all think that a situation like that could work for Huggins?

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
                        What about Huggins taking a gig as an assistant coach to mentor a young head coach? Do you all think that a situation like that could work for Huggins?
                        I don't because he is used to calling the shots and being the face of the coaching staff to the kids. A consulting role, with occasional practice visits, but no recruiting or official staff capacity is more suited to tapping into his talents. If he does this for a year, I can see someone giving him another shot to keep coaching with the contract including a driver.

Edit: I actually think this could work for Bob at a school other than WVU or UC. Not sure a coach/school would take the chance.
                        Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 06-20-2023, 07:54 AM.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• From Scott Springer https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...t/70338658007/

The likes of Tarrice Gibson, Terry Nelson, Corie Blount, Nick Van Exel, and Louis Banks will travel to Morgantown to visit their former coach

Comment

• I'm kind of stunned right now becuase one of Huggins' daughter Is MAD MAD online and it's a bad look.
                            Last edited by Lobot; 06-20-2023, 05:00 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              I'm kind of stunned right now becuase one of Huggins' daughter Is MAD MAD online and it's a bad look.
                              Mad at who? He put the university in a position of no choice. Her tirade should be directed at her father for such a bad decision. He got caught this time, but how many times did he not? Every time puts not only his life, but every other drivers on the same road at risk. That girl needs to grow up.
                              Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 06-20-2023, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• FYI.... Great Article!

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...n/70337920007/

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X