No announcement yet.

Bob Huggins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real question is why? Why would you even want to return after being arrested for a second DUI! The embarrassment alone should be enough to make you resign one would think?

Comment

• Apparently Huggs is stating that he never signed any resignation papers. This is going to get very very sticky.

Comment

• On3 is reporting that the resignation they took was actually a text from his wife according to Huggins’ attorney.

If they want to avoid prolonging this fiasco, they could just reinstate him and immediately fire him for cause I suppose.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          On3 is reporting that the resignation they took was actually a text from his wife according to Huggins’ attorney.

If they want to avoid prolonging this fiasco, they could just reinstate him and immediately fire him for cause I suppose.
          Funny we all read his daughter's facebook account where he was given a 1/2 half hour. This is embarrassing for the entire Huggins family. I also would never speak for my wife's job and would not have let her speak concerning mine. Drinking really causes more problems than impaired driving etc.

Comment

• This a good rundown of what the attorney is working with. Bob and his attorney might actually have something here.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/07/09/s...ntl/index.html

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              On3 is reporting that the resignation they took was actually a text from his wife according to Huggins’ attorney.

I thought that's what I heard this morning but didn't want to pass on info that was not legit, I guess I heard right then. If it's true that it was his wife's email, it sounds like she's desperately trying to help him with his "problem".

Comment

• I think this is more about him getting that year of salary in retirement than really getting his job back.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• He may just settle for a 30-year retirement deal from the West Virginia state employee retirement funds much like he did with Ohio.

Comment

• Here is another article. It seems WVU’s counsel is calling BS on the attorney’s tactics.
                    https://www.wboy.com/goldandbluenati...ly-inaccurate/

Comment

• It appears the charges will be dropped via Pennsylvania’s first time diversion program. 3k in fines, 60
                      day license suspension and education. Huggs is already in rehab. This shall be interesting-the resignation, as described , did not meet what’s outlined in his employment agreement. The optics of having him return are just too weird, but WVU may have to pay him to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                        It appears the charges will be dropped via Pennsylvania’s first time diversion program. 3k in fines, 60
                        day license suspension and education. Huggs is already in rehab. This shall be interesting-the resignation, as described , did not meet what’s outlined in his employment agreement. The optics of having him return are just too weird, but WVU may have to pay him to leave.
                        I doubt if he’s that serious about returning, this seems more about the money.

Comment

• Oh, I think he would if they let him but this is more about working the PR mistake to his advantage.

Comment

• This is a terrible way to end a great career at his his former school

Comment

• Seems to me WVU can say fine, you didn't resign/retire on June 17th, so we ended your employment. You were fired for cause, and now receive zero of the resignation/retirement benefits. It's a crappy way for WVU to handle it, but Bob doesn't seem to be giving them much choice and has backed them into a corner. Given his recent use of slurs against the University of Norwood, and his history with DUIs, I have to believe another DUI would be cause for termination.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• He is a dirtball as human being should have been fired long time ago.Proven criminals in sports get multiple chances so the they keep on repeating. I am a physician, any felony will make us loose our license and here go your profession.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X