2023 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Something to remember here is that we effectively have to replace Nolley now and I don’t think that was a lot of folks expectation.
    17 PPG, 41% 3PT shooting far exceeded what I expected.
    My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

17 PPG, 41% 3PT shooting far exceeded what I expected.
      I wonder how the NBA views him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I wonder how the NBA views him?
        I saw one report listing him as #120

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Xavier F/C Cesare Edwards has entered the transfer portal.

Xavier F Elijah Tucker has entered the transfer portal.
          Xavier G KyKy Tandy has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer.

That's 4 on the day for X -- and probably not done. The entire bottom of the roster is leaving Norwood. And much of the top of the roster will be moving on as well (graduation / pros / rumor of Freemantle leaving). Sean Miller is a proven coach and the team is coming off a successful year, obviously -- so X fans won't need to worry.

But it will be interesting to see a program like X turn over most of the roster and try to find immediate success with a ton of portal dudes versus a UC that could potentially bring back a large portion of its decent '22-'23 team and try to find success with the addition of just a few pieces in the portal.
          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-28-2023, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• TJ Bickerstaff has entered the portal as a grad transfer from BC, 6’9 PF
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Verbal commits has the number of portal entrants at 1100 and counting
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TJ Bickerstaff has entered the portal as a grad transfer from BC, 6’9 PF
                Is there a connection here? Doesn't have great numbers. Is from Atlanta, which is one of the recruiting areas UC's staff has been in on.

Comment

Is there a connection here? Doesn't have great numbers. Is from Atlanta, which is one of the recruiting areas UC's staff has been in on.
                  I think we looked at him way back in the original recruiting cycle (Cronin?) and it never really got off the ground at that time and he oddly ended up at Drexel for a while before heading to BC. I remember saying to myself the name was familiar. He's JB Bickerstaff's nephew (Cavaliers HC)
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Xavier G KyKy Tandy has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer.

That's 4 on the day for X -- and probably not done. The entire bottom of the roster is leaving Norwood. And much of the top of the roster will be moving on as well (graduation / pros / rumor of Freemantle leaving). Sean Miller is a proven coach and the team is coming off a successful year, obviously -- so X fans won't need to worry.

But it will be interesting to see a program like X turn over most of the roster and try to find immediate success with a ton of portal dudes versus a UC that could potentially bring back a large portion of its decent '22-'23 team and try to find success with the addition of just a few pieces in the portal.
                    My guess is these aren’t all voluntary separations. Sean Miller has a lot of contacts in the NCAA “underworld” and he probably already has these positions filled. Nobody was sleazier than Sean Miller at Arizona. On the other hand, are there any rules at all anymore?

Tandy had a UC offer from our previous staff.
                    Last edited by longtimefan; 03-28-2023, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Jaykwon Walton at Wichita is in the portal. We’ve had some contact with him during the HS recruiting cycle.
                      Roll Tide - Alabama

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

My guess is these aren’t all voluntary separations. Sean Miller has a lot of contacts in the NCAA “underworld” and he probably already has these positions filled. Nobody was sleazier than Sean Miller at Arizona. On the other hand, are there any rules at all anymore?

He's already got Kerr Kiisa to transfer less than a day after hitting the portal. No doubt he is a master manipulator.

Comment

• We are in the final 4 for Jamille Reynolds from Temple per Andrew Slater
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If Nolley does not return, it will be difficult to replace his numbers. That's life. Players move on. Let's face it, it really is time for Nolley to move on. He is 24 years old (I heard one of the announcers say). Not unless he comes back to finish his degree, it is time for Nolley to try his luck in the pros. The NBA loves young guards and Nolley's window of opportunity is fading fast. Sometimes fans can be selfish and want good players to stay. It is time for Nolley to go. God bless him and good luck to him.

Good coaches have a way of taking new players and are able to mold these players to play within their system. Other coaches can build systems around what is in camp. Who knows what Miller is going to do. I hope that UC can bring in some big men that can hold their own in the BIG 12. I also hope that UC does NOT bring in players just because coaches know them or may have recruited them in the past (think about Ezikpe). This team needs some guys that are serious about defense and sincerely want, and know how, to win. However, no matter who ends up on the roster for next year's team, the wildcard is still Wes Miller.
                            Last edited by leeraymond; 03-28-2023, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Yet, the fans and the administration will look the other way as long as they win. They will believe that they are hollier than though. This is partially what I meant in an earlier thread of a bunch of cheaters. They will keep everything internal and nobody will know the truth as long as they win. However, in today's world, there may be no thing as cheating anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Yet, the fans and the administration will look the other way as long as they win. They will believe that they are hollier than though. This is partially what I meant in an earlier thread of a bunch of cheaters. They will keep everything internal and nobody will know the truth as long as they win. However, in today's world, there may be no thing as cheating anymore.
                                Bret, they only have 3 majors at X-
                                Holier than thou-Edness, Sanctimony, &
                                Righteous Indignation

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X