No announcement yet.

2024 NCAA Transfer Portal Megathread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the analytics says that is true about Warwick then I too would prefer a more efficient player be it guard or wing. If we are going to legitimately pursue a guard we need an efficient point more so than a shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
      Warrick doesn't excite me. He's an inefficient shooter and a poor defender. He's actually very good from midrange at 53%, but under 30% from three and barely 50% at the rim. His statistical profile is similar to Jizzle but with more threes at a low percentage and worse defense. The upside is he's been a better shooter in the past, hitting 36% on high volume each of his first three seasons. But he has also been a negative defender all four years. And his numbers have been really bad against top 100 competition the last three years. We already have a couple of high usage, inefficient guards. Before adding another, I would prefer to go after an efficient scorer on the wing.
      I won't pretend to know even a fraction of what you do about analytics including things like usage and what not. But it is conceivable someone like Warrick was forced to do a lot more for NKU then he'd be asked/wanted to do going up a level at a place like UC (which can negatively affect his numbers). Sometimes these transfers work, sometimes they don't, often in between. But my sense is usually that if the coach/staff like a kid, that's good for me. Also, Warrick is supposed to be a great kid. There are certain things that can never be quantified through stats, including attitude/leadership/work ethic. If he had an opportunity to come to UC, there is still going to be a lot of hard work in the offseason.

And I will add that you already know more about his game than me, so your critiques/concerns are certainly very valid. I am just optimistic that if he does pick UC, it works out.

Comment

• Indiana State kids starting to hit the portal - some may follow Schertz to SLU but there are some good players - I especially like Ryan Conwell

Comment

• Not sure this is portal specific per se, but J'wan Roberts and LJ Cryer of Houston are both coming back. I'd say their "RUN IT BACK." social media posts are a little more promising than UC's "I'M BACK." posts

Comment

• Arkansas currently has ZERO scholarship players on their roster. This is going to be like a hockey line change for Calipari
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I won't pretend to know even a fraction of what you do about analytics including things like usage and what not. But it is conceivable someone like Warrick was forced to do a lot more for NKU then he'd be asked/wanted to do going up a level at a place like UC (which can negatively affect his numbers). Sometimes these transfers work, sometimes they don't, often in between. But my sense is usually that if the coach/staff like a kid, that's good for me. Also, Warrick is supposed to be a great kid. There are certain things that can never be quantified through stats, including attitude/leadership/work ethic. If he had an opportunity to come to UC, there is still going to be a lot of hard work in the offseason.

And I will add that you already know more about his game than me, so your critiques/concerns are certainly very valid. I am just optimistic that if he does pick UC, it works out.
              If Warrick picks us and the staff has confidence in him, he's a Bearcat and I will support him. I'm not fully scouting him, I can only go on the couple times I've seen him play (against us) and what the numbers say. You're right, Warrick is asked to do a lot at NKU, and statistically that shows up in his high usage rate. But his low box plus minus indicates that he's not helping his team as much as other players we've contacted (including Hickman). He was by far the worst defender on NKU, and that concerns me when we're looking at Simas and freshmen joining him on the wing after losing a great defender in Newman. If he can regain his shooting form, he can be a solid piece though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
                If Warrick picks us and the staff has confidence in him, he's a Bearcat and I will support him. I'm not fully scouting him, I can only go on the couple times I've seen him play (against us) and what the numbers say. You're right, Warrick is asked to do a lot at NKU, and statistically that shows up in his high usage rate. But his low box plus minus indicates that he's not helping his team as much as other players we've contacted (including Hickman). He was by far the worst defender on NKU, and that concerns me when we're looking at Simas and freshmen joining him on the wing after losing a great defender in Newman. If he can regain his shooting form, he can be a solid piece though.
                If Reed can improve his offense, do the stats show him to be as good a defender asI think he is? He made mistakes in both the past two seasons, but seemed to be the guy relieving Newmann and being a lockdown defender mid way through this year. Maybe if you can break down his stats just to conference games, will we see an improvement over first part of the year? Also, add Rayvon as RS freshman. I believe the year on the bench will let him shine next year,
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Robbie Avila of Indiana St is now in the portal per on3.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• EKU's Pierce Thomas is portaling. During the CJB era, he picked Butler over UC (and I recall UC even getting a crystal ball pick). He went for 2.2 points per game as a redshirt freshman at Butler in 22-23 and 0.7 points in 11 games this year at EKU. Seems like a good one to have missed out on a few years ago.

Comment

• Intriguing name - 6'6 senior from Indianapolis who played two at Louisville and two at Seton Hall - COVID year (one year) left)

@jeffborzello
                      Seton Hall senior Dre Davis plans to enter the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Averaged 15.0 points and 5.9 rebounds this season. Was terrific in the Pirates’ run to an NIT title, scoring 18 points in the championship game win over Indiana State.

Comment

• Mason Gillis from Purdue just became available as a grad transfer.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC has contacted 7 footer Christ Essandoko of St. Joe’s https://x.com/jamieshaw5/status/1776...429-7Zsp1zj4Tg

French big averaged 8.2 and 5.7 as a freshman this year
                          Committed to Providence. Probably likes the mascot.

Comment

Yep -- UC and Missouri perceived to be the top two, per "Trilly Donovan" (at least as of Sunday/Monday)

Also, if I am not mistaken, Missouri may be in a good spot for Iowa transfer Tony Perkins so that could help the Bearcats' chances
                            Warrick visiting Missouri this weekend, per The Portal Report

Comment

Committed to Providence. Probably likes the mascot.
                              LoL good one GB31!

Comment

• I'm bouncing this off a post in Somto Cyril's thread from GoBearcats31

UK had six guys in this class. Three of them have received an NLI release so far. Perry, Fland and Richmond are still committed. The pundits seem to think most of these guys are headed to Fayetteville. I think Perry will be the outlier if that happens.

Again, keep in mind that G-League Ignite is still an option here for the guys that received a release. I think I mistakenly posted at some point that this was not an option. Ignite will still be in operation this coming season and that will be the last year for it. I think it's somewhat likely that Cyril and Quaintence will go that route since they were one and done anyway. Unless of course, Arkansas opens the NIL collective pocketbooks and tries to buy a team.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X