Next year's team / roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
    imo, no way saunders was coming back if ddj is staying, but if he goes..uh oh...maybe MAW can become a good "pass 1st, pass 2nd, pass 3rd, always pass!" PG
    He will be a senior - perhaps - but I can see only if the cats get a replacement for him. Then he might try to listen, but he got his ride to college and I don't see NBA or overseas.

Comment

Last year, most of the people here were hoping that that MAW would come back. I am not down on him. It is difficult to judge any of the players returning after this year. They played with guys that were shoot first, shoot from anywhere, shoot always. Here is hoping that in year two, we see improvement in all of our returning players and a more team approach to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        Last year, most of the people here were hoping that that MAW would come back. I am not down on him. It is difficult to judge any of the players returning after this year. They played with guys that were shoot first, shoot from anywhere, shoot always. Here is hoping that in year two, we see improvement in all of our returning players and a more team approach to the game.
        There was more to the lackluster all around play than just playing with selfish players. I do agree with the hope of better play. But the one who seemed to have taken leadership has a me first, shoot from anywhere attitude and pouts when things don't go his way. Maybe when he is gone.

Comment

^MAW early in the season had one of the best turnover to assist ratio in the country. Something happened after that point. Part of it is that the people he passed to missed their shots (and bad shots they were). Another reason is that players got too lazy with catching and passing the ball not to mention dribbling.

Comment

I agree that MAW's play this year left a lot to be desired. I expected much more from him this year being his third and it just didn't materialize. He was one of my favorite players beginning this year because of his calm and cool in the game and so I dont know why his game took such a turn. He never has been nor will ever be a scoring threat but if he could quicken his pace up a bit and try to control the tempo a bit better I think he could be a very good point guard. The #one glaring problem that needs to be corrected is the tendency of taking too many quick, too many forced, and too many contested shots and long range trey attempts. I hope MAW returns and makes huge strides this off season. We need someone to regulate and "general" the floor both on offense and defense and as a senior he is the better " leader" choice than last years designation. He, DDJ, (if returning) and JD all need to learn how to play off eachs strengths and not take it upon themselves to force things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              I agree that MAW's play this year left a lot to be desired. I expected much more from him this year being his third and it just didn't materialize. He was one of my favorite players beginning this year because of his calm and cool in the game and so I dont know why his game took such a turn. He never has been nor will ever be a scoring threat but if he could quicken his pace up a bit and try to control the tempo a bit better I think he could be a very good point guard. The #one glaring problem that needs to be corrected is the tendency of taking too many quick, too many forced, and too many contested shots and long range trey attempts. I hope MAW returns and makes huge strides this off season. We need someone to regulate and "general" the floor both on offense and defense and as a senior he is the better " leader" choice than last years designation. He, DDJ, (if returning) and JD all need to learn how to play off eachs strengths and not take it upon themselves to force things.
              If so, CWM is the next John Wooten.

Comment

McGinnis to the portal https://twitter.com/TheAJM2/status/1506327543959412746

THREE open scholarships now

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

If so, CWM is the next John Wooten.
                  I assume you meant Wooden.

Comment

For those who were worried about getting some new pieces that doesn't appear to be an issue. Good luck AJ.

Comment

I made the observation a month or so ago that it really seemed like the Bearcats were going to having to improve via roster enhancement VS expecting the current guys to improve greatly. That seems to be bearing out.. or at least thats the path things have taken. I am hoping that what I saw as a lack of improvement, turns out to be that those player "types" were just not what CWM can work with. Meaning that, if he can bring in players that more fit his "style" that we'll see player improvement we did not see this year.

Comment

We are definitely NOT in Kansas (pre portal) any longer. College teams are going to look completely different from year to year now. Not knowing how good he could have been is the most disappointing.

Comment

Maybe we go back to the early Huggins formula. Take some Juco players who may not be the most talented, basketball wise, but play with a ferocity. Are there even players like this anymore? The past few teams, I have not seen that hunger or mental toughness that less talented players have. On this team I would rate one player who plays like what I would consider Bearcat basketball, and that is Dejulius. He had to go through some adversity and soul searching to get there. Kids nowadays think they deserve rather than they need to earn.
                          Last edited by Flying Jalapeno; 03-22-2022, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Jalapeno View Post
                            Maybe we go back to the early Huggins formula. Take some Juco players who may not be the most talented, basketball wise, but play with a ferocity. Are there even players like this anymore? The past few teams, I have not seen that hunger or mental toughness that less talented players have. On this team I would rate one player who plays like what I would consider Bearcat basketball and that is Dejulius. He had to go through some adversity and soul searching to get there. Kids nowadays think they deserve rather than they need to earn.
                            and Newman

Comment

Where are the Eric Hicks and Curtis Bostics nowadays???

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I assume you meant Wooden.
                                you assumed correctly. Thanks for the cover.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X