Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
    why did he want to leave SC?
    Who knows? That may never come out officially. However, he is from Illinois and spent the vast majority of his coaching/living in the Midwest. Maybe Wes gave him an offer he couldn't refuse ($, not threats). Maybe he and Wes are longtime friends from out on the recruiting trails.

Comment

• So, is the name Buckley or Bradley? I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Who knows? That may never come out officially. However, he is from Illinois and spent the vast majority of his coaching/living in the Midwest. Maybe Wes gave him an offer he couldn't refuse ($, not threats). Maybe he and Wes are longtime friends from out on the recruiting trails.
        He did lose Meechie Johnson. But who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
          So, is the name Buckley or Bradley? I'm confused.
          Buckley as the 60s folk singer Tim Buckley.

Comment

• South Carolina's 247 site is also reporting Buckley to UC
            https://247sports.com/college/south-...ach-232267755/

Comment

• Tom Crean:

Congratulations to @GoBearcatsMBB for bringing in Tim Buckley. We would have not known about @DwyaneWade without him at @MarquetteMBB and he got me to see what @DienerTravis could be. At @IndianaMBB we never turn the program around without him. He was instrumental in @bigten.

When the players at @GoBearcatsMBB see what his work ethic, teaching abilities and help in making them better , they’ll love him like @VicOladipo, @CodyZeller, @JordanHulls1, @Cwat205, @YogiFerrell11, @jerel_mcneal, @NeekAndAng, Will Sheehey among many others did with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

It's actually the Crean - Adams Family (!) connection and not Wes so much.

There's also , I think, a very specific reason he's being brought here and it's to work on Rayvon's shot.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I looked at some players whom he coached and they were good on defense. I am not saying that they were his responsibility, but Creen demanded defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                    I looked at some players whom he coached and they were good on defense. I am not saying that they were his responsibility, but Creen demanded defense.
                    Crean's best teams at IU were absolutely offense-driven but he was big on deflections (like Cronin) so we have that :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Crean's best teams at IU were absolutely offense-driven but he was big on deflections (like Cronin) so we have that :-)
                      while what you say may be true, he had a couple of conference defensive players of the year or first team.

Comment

• Tim Buckley Joins Men's Basketball Staff as Assistant Coach

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/6/3...ant-coach.aspx

"I'm excited to welcome Tim Buckley to our staff," Miller said. "He brings a wealth of experience that is unique in college basketball. He has experience working with great players and great coaches as a high major assistant, and he's been a part of very successful teams. On top of that, he's been a head coach and has spent time recently in the NBA."

Comment

Tim Buckley Joins Men's Basketball Staff as Assistant Coach

https://gobearcats.com/news/2024/6/3...ant-coach.aspx

"I'm excited to welcome Tim Buckley to our staff," Miller said. "He brings a wealth of experience that is unique in college basketball. He has experience working with great players and great coaches as a high major assistant, and he's been a part of very successful teams. On top of that, he's been a head coach and has spent time recently in the NBA."
                          He appears more than a shot Dr. It looks like a nice bench coach to "help" CWM with in game adjustments.

Comment

• @JonRothstein: Source: St. John's Rick Pitino has hired Greg Youncofski as Director of Basketball Operations. Youncofski was a long-time member of Mick Cronin's staff at both UCLA and Cincinnati while also serving as a student manager under Bill Self at Kansas.

Comment

• Lakers want Danny Hurley. Whoa…

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1798668...A2NHZ_hNyS2mFg

Comment

I just saw got up and saw the Wojbomb and that just strikes me as a a terrible match. Hurley and LA Media would be at each others throats constantly. It's like Cronin vs. the media on steroids.

I think he would be smart to turn it down and stay at UConn.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X