2023-24 Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    This is the current roster. Look at the positions listed. I'm not going to say anything else.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
    I don't see Josh Reed as a guard. He's a 3 or even 4.

Comment

• Here's Rothstein's prediction on a starting lineup minus the waiver guys.

"Early prediction on Cincinnati's 2023-24 starting five (without waivers): Jizzle James, Simas Lukosius, CJ Fredrick, Ody Oguama, Viktor Lakhin"
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I don't see Josh Reed as a guard. He's a 3 or even 4.
        He was basically a backup 4 out of necessity last year and I'm not sure at 6'7 that's the right spot for him. Not that we haven't done that kind of thing in the past but didn't seem to match his skill set well.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's Rothstein's prediction on a starting lineup minus the waiver guys.

"Early prediction on Cincinnati's 2023-24 starting five (without waivers): Jizzle James, Simas Lukosius, CJ Fredrick, Ody Oguama, Viktor Lakhin"
          Rothstein is currently in town at 5/3 so we’ll see if news breaks on the roster soon
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Rothstein is currently in town at 5/3 so we’ll see if news breaks on the roster soon
            What news would be expected?

Comment

Here's Rothstein's prediction on a starting lineup minus the waiver guys.

I don't see a lineup without Skillings.

Comment

• I agree. Skillings is needed for scoring first. Ody might come in when more muscle is needed for rebounds or more inside scoring. And He may or may not come in for Skillings all the time. But you start your scorers first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I don't see a lineup without Skillings.
                  Yeah this is an odd pick unless Skillings wants to be 6th man or Rothstein knows something we don't. Simas and CJ need to be on the floor and you really don't want to put Dan down on the block I don't think.

Both CJ and Simas can score in bunches but you can't keep Skillings off the floor. Getting waivers would put us in a real confusing situation here on playing time when you look at this.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

What news would be expected?
                    Maybe waiver news?
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Fingers crossed that the rumor from a few days ago concerning Aziz is good news.

Comment

• On3 's Jamie Shaw has listed Jizzle James as the 7th most impactful freshman in the NCAA this year. Might validate the starting prediction by Rothstein.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I hope J.J. is everything he is advertised as. It would be nice to see an electrifying point guard in a bearcat uni. It's been awhile since we've had one.

Comment

• I'm hoping Rayvon makes them regret not including him.

Comment

• Yes there is that. He needs to capitalize on every opportunity that is afforded him. And he is certainly capable.

Comment

• They’re young guys they will have ups and downs as all first years kids do. Question is how quickly they adapt. Experience is really the only way you get better when you now are surrounded by consistently better talent than you have dominated at coming up. It’s a process.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X