No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet the only way to keep a guy like Boren quiet is to let him have his way. For him to remain silent moving forward they would seemingly have to appease him. He clearly is not afraid of speaking his mind otherwise. All signs point to expansion in my humble opinion... I just hope we are one of the 2 they pick!

Comment

• FYI - There is a Facebook page dedicated to showing fan support for move into the Big 12. Look for "UC Bearcats to Big 12" if you are interested in liking the page. 1,234 people and counting.

I doubt there will be much in the way of actionable items in the near future and very little will be in the news as rumors either. I strongly suspect Bowlsby will be tight lipped or completely closed when it comes to comments on expansion. This could mean Boren is being appeased, though I kind of liked Boren being in the media as it brought public opinion (fanbases and media) into the conversation.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
        FYI - There is a Facebook page dedicated to showing fan support for move into the Big 12. Look for "UC Bearcats to Big 12" if you are interested in liking the page. 1,234 people and counting.

I doubt there will be much in the way of actionable items in the near future and very little will be in the news as rumors either. I strongly suspect Bowlsby will be tight lipped or completely closed when it comes to comments on expansion. This could mean Boren is being appeased, though I kind of liked Boren being in the media as it brought public opinion (fanbases and media) into the conversation.
        Another reason for the enquirer to stay the **** out of it.

Comment

• Since I posted the last article from the Enquirer, I guess I'll post the followup after the FOIA request. Here's the result from USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...g-12/80280488/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Gotta love Santa. Doing everything he can to get us in the Big 12.

Comment

• I was mildly surprised the article seemed to be decent journalism. There really wasn't much new or noteworthy.

I'm very proud of Santa taking our university to highest heights and vigorously promoting UC.

With respect to taking less money, we need to be careful. Our goal isn't to get in and make more money than today. Our goal is to get in and prove we belong by winning championships in every sport. It's ugly, but that kind of winning takes money and we can't sell ourselves short. I know they won't get an equal share at first, but the pot of gold needs to be bigger than current and equal soon.

Comment

• Article was much ado about nothing. Heard all this before. Enquirer is a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by cinmike View Post
                  Gotta love Santa. Doing everything he can to get us in the Big 12.
                  I agree! This is big!
                  Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

• One the better sources of B12 news @flugaur posted several things this morning saying that the choice has been made and it will be UC and UConn as choices for expansion. So the question becomes when. I think we're looking at June and Fluguar seems to think the targeted expansion plan will be for the 2017 season. The trick is will Boren/Gee be able to garner enough votes for expansion. Kansas is apparently neutral at this point. So we have to convince Kansas and any other parties leaning against expansion who are not Texas.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      One the better sources of B12 news @flugaur posted several things this morning saying that the choice has been made and it will be UC and UConn as choices for expansion. So the question becomes when. I think we're looking at June and Fluguar seems to think the targeted expansion plan will be for the 2017 season. The trick is will Boren/Gee be able to garner enough votes for expansion. Kansas is apparently neutral at this point. So we have to convince Kansas and any other parties leaning against expansion who are not Texas.
                      I hope you are right. I refuse to get excited until outlets like ESPN, CBS, NBC and FOX starts reporting the rumor. I like Uconn coming with us because the Big 12 is already 1st this year in conference RPI. Can you imagine adding UC and Uconn to that?

Comment

• The most important tidbit in that article is that Boren seemingly is a strong UC supporter. I do not think he would be willing to go along with the conference gag order on expansion if his wishes weren't coming to fruition. The effort Ono has made to get us in is also huge.

Enquirer reporting tonight that additional expansion plans exist for Nippert should we get an invite into the Big 12.

Comment

• Could the Big 12 expand and keep a round robin schedule?

11 conference games and a marquee non conference game. Other schools would be clamping for opportunity to play a Big 12 team because of limited space. This SOS would almost guarantee Big 12 champ in the playoff every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            One the better sources of B12 news @flugaur posted several things this morning saying that the choice has been made and it will be UC and UConn as choices for expansion. So the question becomes when. I think we're looking at June and Fluguar seems to think the targeted expansion plan will be for the 2017 season. The trick is will Boren/Gee be able to garner enough votes for expansion. Kansas is apparently neutral at this point. So we have to convince Kansas and any other parties leaning against expansion who are not Texas.
                            I think you meant @flugempire

Holding my breath.

Comment

• Don't know this guy but.......

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports

Take this with a grain of salt (seriously), but I was just told that the U. of Cincinnati has accepted a Big12 invite as of 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                Don't know this guy but.......

Daniel Figurelli ‏@FigurelliSports

Take this with a grain of salt (seriously), but I was just told that the U. of Cincinnati has accepted a Big12 invite as of 2 weeks ago.
                                I believe this dude has misused the English language. Perhaps he should say UC would have accepted a Big 12 invite or that UC would accept a Big 12 invite. An invite hasn't been extended, formally or informally. It may even be possible that he should've said, UC will accept a Big 12 invite.

Nonetheless, we won't have anything like this to report upon until the next Big 12 meetings this spring. I like that there seems to be a lot, I mean a ton of smoke, but as of yet no fires. I am encouraged by the smoke, yet not getting my hopes up until there is fire.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X