Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/2/1/10...ding-expansion

Comment

• i think the most encouraging thing about that article and some others i've read the past several weeks is that there are big12 fan bases that do not slam us as being inadequate. Some of the stuff i have read is kind of laughable when i compare our success in both bball and fball vs what their school has accomplished with more resources. We may not be a top 5 power house, but we have more than shown we can hold our own and have the potential to move up.

Comment

• DeCourcy article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...tings-schedule
        Last edited by longtimefan; 02-02-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• This article really gets it when trying to analyze the dollars and cents. I think everything he says about Cincinnati is spot on per his argument. I also think that Houston will be the second team added, for the reasons in the article and also for the "political" reasons that is Texas. I can see a deal where the Texas schools agree to add two teams now, with the ultimate goal of getting to 14 or 16 eventually.

Can you imagine a Big 12 that can add four ACC teams in 2025? The argument to add schools now is to position themselves for adding later. Potential targets in the ACC are Fla St, Clemson, Loserville, and N. Carolina.

Thoughts/speculation?
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo...13156_20277043

Nothing new here but since they mention UC as one of the most likely to join the Big 12, I get excited and have to repost.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

This article really gets it when trying to analyze the dollars and cents. I think everything he says about Cincinnati is spot on per his argument. I also think that Houston will be the second team added, for the reasons in the article and also for the "political" reasons that is Texas. I can see a deal where the Texas schools agree to add two teams now, with the ultimate goal of getting to 14 or 16 eventually.

Can you imagine a Big 12 that can add four ACC teams in 2025? The argument to add schools now is to position themselves for adding later. Potential targets in the ACC are Fla St, Clemson, Loserville, and N. Carolina.

Thoughts/speculation?
              North Carolina is the intriguing one. If they continue the upward trend in football they might end up in the B1G. I can't believe for a second that the basketball fans would want them out of the ACC though. I can't see any of these schools in the Big 12 with the possible exception of Louisville due to geography. FSU and Clemson belong in the SEC. I think with those two it's a matter of whether UF and SC will veto them or not. I suspect they will and would have in the previous round if it had come to a vote.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So this came out today. I'm trying to figure out if the Enquirer is just doing its' job or trying to sabotage us. There's a line between the public's right to know and the right to private negotiations. It would seem that the Enquirer would like to cross that line.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ence/79713442/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's typical enquirer b.****. The best thing to do is to not buy it, or it's website, money talks. They have no concept that their efforts are not only often counterproductive to the community, but they also directly hurt themselves. However, with the turnover there i really do not think anyone is running the ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
                    It's typical enquirer b.****. The best thing to do is to not buy it, or it's website, money talks. They have no concept that their efforts are not only often counterproductive to the community, but they also directly hurt themselves. However, with the turnover there i really do not think anyone is running the ship.
                    Yep this ^^^^.

Comment

• The intent of public records laws is basically to let the public have access to information that some politicians would rather hide from the public. That's not the case here. The Enquirer routinely uses public records laws as a form of politically motivated harrassment. That's the case here. It's a deliberate attempt to harm or embarrass.

Comment

• I believe the writer jason williams is a marshall fan/follower as well.

Comment

• There's a million ways to do some investigative journalism on UC's efforts to get into the P5 without harming the school. This is just another in a long list of lazy journalism by the Enquirer with obvious intent to hurt the school. I stopped subscribing years ago because they go out of their way to make EVERYTHING about UC look bad.

Comment

• I've only read a handful of Enquirer articles in about 20 years. Reading this one only reinforces why I don't care for the Enquirer.

Comment

• This little stunt published the day before the meeting might be enough to kill our chances. This has all the appearance of deliberate sabotage. Do you think other Big 12 people would like to see their correspondence with UC made public at this time? If I were the AD I would ban all players and coaches from any contact with anyone from the Enquirer.
                              Last edited by longtimefan; 02-03-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• What is somewhat interesting based on their state motives is why they would just request discussions/documents with the b12 and not all/any conferences.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X