Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coach View Post
    What is somewhat interesting based on their state motives is why they would just request discussions/documents with the b12 and not all/any conferences.
    Believe me, the Enquirer doesn't know anymore than the people on this board, and probably less.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post
      What is somewhat interesting based on their state motives is why they would just request discussions/documents with the b12 and not all/any conferences.
      They are attempting to make a "scoop". They are upset and acting out in anger. They are doing the same thing with the fire investigation that took the life of that brave Wolterman in Hamilton. This is an all-time low for the Enquirer and that is saying something

With respect to the Big 12 meetings, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I am highly anticipating any news on that front, though not checking the Enquirer - they might have something a day or two later.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
        With respect to the Big 12 meetings, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I am highly anticipating any news on that front, though not checking the Enquirer - they might have something a day or two later.
        Agree. I don't think anything is going to change anytime soon with respect to the Big 12. Unless of course, David Boren and company find a way to shower more money on Texas without taking it from the other conference members (yea I know that's crazy). But that's the ONLY SCENARIO whereby I could see Texas relenting, and even then I doubt it.

Comment

• Boo Hiss, I don't like this from this site: http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...ents-meet-week

Any shot at expansion to 12 schools? Not this week. (Sorry BYU, UConn, Cincinnati, Houston, etc). Boren and West Virginia president Gordon Gee - part of the Big 12's "composition committee" -- don't seem to have swayed many Big 12 schools so far. The concern remains that no current expansion candidate brings additional value. It would be expansion for the sake of expansion or added inventory for a conference network. And some schools are concerned about a decline in conference revenue shares with expansion.

Comment

• my initial hunch was the enquirer was looking to bash UC for how much they've spent on travel, time, etc in their efforts to get out of the AAC. either way, i don't see any type of positive spin on this.
            Last edited by nolte50uc; 02-04-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• I think the general trend for the Big 12 meeting tomorrow is that expansion will be discussed but not voted on.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I definitely don't think that the next two days will result in a press conference announcing expansion and UC being one of them. I have had my hopes dashed so many times that I am like Forrest Gump hoping for Jenny. I just like the fact that the big 12 is even discussing it and Oklahoma, being one of the power brokers of that conference, is adamant about pushing it. I think something will happen someday but who knows when and will it be favorable for UC. I put the odds at 50/50 and I can really see two candidates like Houston and UCF jumping in ahead of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                  I definitely don't think that the next two days will result in a press conference announcing expansion and UC being one of them. I have had my hopes dashed so many times that I am like Forrest Gump hoping for Jenny. I just like the fact that the big 12 is even discussing it and Oklahoma, being one of the power brokers of that conference, is adamant about pushing it. I think something will happen someday but who knows when and will it be favorable for UC. I put the odds at 50/50 and I can really see two candidates like Houston and UCF jumping in ahead of us.
                  Forrest ended up with Jenny then she died just like Bearcats in the BEast. I agree there won't be any announcements or press conferences in the coming days.

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I think the general trend for the Big 12 meeting tomorrow is that expansion will be discussed but not voted on.
                  Is this good or bad? I'm thinking it could be good because there is a lot of emotion right now and a lot of information. A presentation without a vote at this time will allow the emotions to calm down while having time to digest the information.

Comment

• I would suspect that if this was any other conference then things would happen pretty fast. First, the Big 12 has already created a committee to explore expansion and second, the expansion committee by all accounts recommends expansion and has identified candidates. If there is overall support for expansion at the meeting this week, then there has to be a vote sometime soon and I wouldn't think they would have to reconvene to make a decision. However, the Big 12 has proven to be dysfunctional on every level so anything can happen even dragging this out longer than necessary or worse not doing anything.

Comment

• Carlton: Big 12 taking 'deep dive' into analytics to decide on title game, conference TV network http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...nce-tv-network via @sportsdaydfw
                      Last edited by longtimefan; 02-05-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Data dump. More time. More waiting. I agree you need to do your due diligence as conference to make decisions on these big topics; however, they formed a committee. Couldn't they have summarized the committee findings in email (with all the data) then let the committee make the recommendations? Why have every school essentially repeating the work of the committee?

Very slow and frustrating. I don't really care who gets invited if that is the decision; I'd just really like to see them sh!t or get off the pot.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Forrest ended up with Jenny then she died just like Bearcats in the BEast. I agree there won't be any announcements or press conferences in the coming days.

Is this good or bad? I'm thinking it could be good because there is a lot of emotion right now and a lot of information. A presentation without a vote at this time will allow the emotions to calm down while having time to digest the information.
                          Thtats just it. They don't have the information that they want. There is a media con$ultant group working with them on data and they aren't done with that section yet. That's supposed to updated in May(?) and this whole thing rolls into June. Bowlsby came out and said they didn't have enough time to plan the 2016 CCG because they don't have a site or venue available. So if there's a CCG , it'll be 2017 at the earliest.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Thtats just it. They don't have the information that they want. There is a media con$ultant group working with them on data and they aren't done with that section yet. That's supposed to updated in May(?) and this whole thing rolls into June. Bowlsby came out and said they didn't have enough time to plan the 2016 CCG because they don't have a site or venue available. So if there's a CCG , it'll be 2017 at the earliest.

Bowlsby also said that "there's no appetite for expansion". Really?? Is that why they appointed a commission to study it. If you listen to Bowlsby long enough it will drive you crazy. I guess part of the reason for the conflicting statements is that the Big12 doesn't want to reveal their hand.

Comment

• I'm aggregating several things here: Today's Presidents meeting was a lot of we're going to be united on this and we're not there yet, therefore if Dr. Boren and Dr. Gee would kindly shut up we'll get somewhere in the privacy of our own conference room. Bowlsby can now speak for the whole group if Boren decides he's getting his voice heard. If things start to go south from his viewpoint I suspect we'll hear from Boren again but right now they're trying to be unified. Expansion was not discussed on an individual school basis. That will happen in May(?)
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Rather than try and cut and paste my entire string of retweets from Twitter today here's a link to my timeline. https://twitter.com/LobotC2DFW . The expansion stuff starting rolling off at about 2:00 on 2/5.

Here's the one summary article from John Hoover at the Tulsa World I've not read yet.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...KQy4a4.twitter

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X