No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have it on good authority that we will be definitely be making a formal presentation to the Big 12. Santa Ono's involvement with it is up to the Board of Trustees. If they want him involved, he will be there for it.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      I have it on good authority that we will be definitely be making a formal presentation to the Big 12. Santa Ono's involvement with it is up to the Board of Trustees. If they want him involved, he will be there for it.
      Dr. Ono has a very good relationship with the folks at OU, KSU, and WVU. I would think his presence would be beneficial if he is willing to do it.
      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• He's very willing to to do it.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Fluguar tweeting that the likely path will be UC/UConn/UH/BYU, which makes a lot of sense to me. I would have to guess that UConn and BYU would be football only.

UConn basketball would likely move back into the Big East in this scenario. BYU would keep basketball where it is.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I don't get why they would want UCONN as football only... the only thing that makes sense there is for the TV sets, but wouldn't USF/UCF make just as much sense in that regard? If they want BYU then it would be better to have another football only member to keep things even

Comment

• I tend to agree. I can't see uconn as a partial player. I'm still on the fence if that group will affiliate with byu. We'll see. I also believe they are farther down the line in this selection process than is being publicly portrayed. I believe they already have all the information they likely want from us at this point, and the real question is how can they cut the best deal for the existing schools. However, at the end of the day you have to believe they are trying to put the best possible group together to move this forward. Otherwise, it's a short term proposition. However, i do believe the best move they could make is to add byu, cincy, uconn and houston. I could see why they might put memphis in for uconn given the distance issues, but i hope not. For all we know they could add 2, and we will not be one of them. However, i do not see them taking uconn and not us given the geography and trying to build a second geographical division.

Comment

• I would like to see UH, Memphis, UC, UConn. I am still worried that Mr. FedEx may buy them in at the expense of UC. But we have the longest rival with Memphis, and have established one with UH and UConn. Although, I agree with most others plus the talking heads out there, BYU makes football only sense.

Comment

• Anything that includes us is a win. I'd prefer UC, USF or UCF, UCONN (full member), and Memphis (Houston is OK too but Memphis is within driving distance)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                    Anything that includes us is a win. I'd prefer UC, USF or UCF, UCONN (full member), and Memphis (Houston is OK too but Memphis is within driving distance)
                    I think the political pressure for Houston really will end up meaning either no expansion or UH is in.

I'm going with expansion, and UH in means need to add four. I don't think BYU can be discounted. FedEx and ESPN are the Memphis and UConn backers. They are bidding for a position against each other and BYU.

I'm rooting for Memphis to join UH and UC. We shall see if they get in with BYU and UConn competing.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think the political pressure for Houston really will end up meaning either no expansion or UH is in.

I'm going with expansion, and UH in means need to add four. I don't think BYU can be discounted. FedEx and ESPN are the Memphis and UConn backers. They are bidding for a position against each other and BYU.

I'm rooting for Memphis to join UH and UC. We shall see if they get in with BYU and UConn competing.
                      The political pressure seems to come strictly from Austin, whether it be UT or the state government. I'm not sure what level of pressure that puts on OU, OSU, KS, KSU or ISU. It takes only 3 schools voting down UH to doom the Cougars' bid. I imagine WV couldn't care less about the fate of UH. They want a partner.

The bigwigs at UT succumbed to the will of the majority this past week in view of the ACC TV deal. That factor isn't going away. I don't see TX blocking the move to expand, just because UH would get shot down. They can always tell the Cougar brass and fans, "Well, we gave it a shot for you, but it just wasn't in the cards."

That's not to say that the other 9 current B12 members don't look favorably upon UH. Some of them very well may, perhaps enough to vote the Cougars in..

Comment

• If you think that anyone pays attention to online fan votes, here is one for you... http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ball/87442424/ Keep in mind that one article showed facebook interest in the different schools and UC was way behind the others. So when you vote in any of these surveys, vote only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          If you think that anyone pays attention to online fan votes, here is one for you... http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ball/87442424/ Keep in mind that one article showed facebook interest in the different schools and UC was way behind the others. So when you vote in any of these surveys, vote only one.
                          Man, that article is still talking about Tulane. The ONLY thing Tulane has going for it is that it's AAU. In the current climate I'm not sure AAU matters as much as we used to think, if at all.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Joseph Duarte on Twitter: "ISU president Steven Leath tells @AmesTribNews that many Big 12 presidents feel league is 'already Texas-heavy' but UH will get 'fair shake'"

Comment

• This reporter thinks that the SEC should poach Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...ds_so_sho.html . It makes you wonder if the ACC is thinking of going to 16 teams as well and if UC could get in there. It would bring back the rivals of the old Metro Conference including Louisville, Virginia Tech, and Florida State. It would also reunite old Big East rivals including Pitt and Syracuse. Bring in UConn as well to get to 16 teams. I wonder if the Big 12 announcement of expansion is going to create a tidal wave within the power 5 and not just the group of 5.

Or do you think that the other conferences are waiting for the SEC to poach OK and OK State and then the ACC and PAC 12 will take the best 4 teams left in the Big 12 leaving the bottom four begging to be part of the American?

Comment

• Here are comments by the ISU prez that, while not mentioning any candidates (aside from UH), are very encouraging in terms of what he believes the B12 leaders are seeking. UC fits this description very well.

http://m.amestrib.com/sports/footbal...stige-programs

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X