No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what I know about the Dude. He operates from a blog and twitter account that has multiple email addresses behind it. Each email address is used to send different scenarios to followers of different schools. So if you follow Houston you get scenario A. If you follow UC you will get scenario B in email. He's been doing this for years. He strikes me as an intelligent guy and I believe he may have a law degree and knows the TV business. Most of his scenarios are plausible but they're almost never ,if ever, correct. He is manipulating you for page views on the blog and twitter followers. He's got an inside track on West Virginia only, if that. He's also been known to threaten other expansion related accounts both in email and with lawsuits. His stuff can be interesting but it's my belief that he's not credible on anything that doesn't directly concern WVU.

Same goes for Tuxedo Yoda. He's good with Texas internal politics and that's about it. The difference there is he's been know to be right occasionally although it's been a while.

Even Greg Fluguar gives me some pause. His stuff seems to be the most credible but not sure why he's even interested in the Big 12 since he's a Minnesota fan. If I had to pick one, I'd take Fluguar but that doesn't mean it's not a snow job also. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if they were all the same person although none of them seem to like each other on the surface.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Entire BYU athletic department called to an unscheduled meeting this morning. Who knows?

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4182085-1...12-tv-partners

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Chatter? what chatter? We'll accept any rumors
        For what its worth. Heard that an Ultimate Jet Charter from Cincy, with UC as the charterer, left Wednesday for flight to Dallas Love Airport. Returned from Dallas last night arriving at approx. 9:30 pm. More fuel for the fire?

John

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Open Letter to Bob Bowlsby,

Maybe I see this a little differently. The SEC has Vandy, and Arkansas. The B!G has NW, and RU (and Maryland). The tv contract is for Tier 1 rights, not tier 3. I don't expect any more than maybe 1 game involving new schools reaching the Tier 1 level. This will leave ESPN and Fox more higher level games in any given week to choose from showing. Any "dilution" of the product will be on the lower tier 3 games. In fact, Mr. Bowlsby should be able to successfully argue that the quality of the tier 1/2 games should increase if the scheduling is done with that in mind. In this way nearly all of the marquee games should be available to Fox/ESPN Note: ABC is part of the ESPN contract. Looking at the tv schedule for just last year these games weren't on Fox, ESPN, or ABC and could be with creative scheduling because there are so many good teams in the Big 12.

Texas v TT
          WVU v Texas
          Arkansas v TT
          OU v WVU
          TCU v WVU

and these games were on Fox, ESPN, or ABC

ISU v Iowa
          KSU v TCU

Net - the networks will have more of the top tier to put on their premiere networks.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• ‏@flugempire 13m13 minutes ago BTM/OU Contacts "Nothing has changed course" "AAC & B12 communicating this week on setting parametiers for Exit Fee and penalties"

Comment

• http://www.frogsowar.com/2016/8/1/12...icated-at-best

"But, when it is all said and done, my source believes that simplicity is likely to win out. While some of the bigger solutions may look sexy, the likelihood that eight Big 12 Presidents agree on all the components of a big move is unlikely. As it stands today, Cincinnati is likely the easy 11th member while the debate over the 12th member will center around UCONN and Houston. My source believed, despite reservations, that Houston would win out. Also: "I wouldn't be surprised to see UCONN find a home in a power 5 conference before the Big 12's process is concluded.""

Comment

• Chip Brown on with @ClayTravis said ESPN wants BYU but the votes are likely there only for Houston and Cincinnati.

I'm starting to get this uneasy feeling that UC's expansion hopes could be jettisoned again because of network demands. If the above is true.....look out. If the Big12 cuts a deal with ESPN to limit expansion to just 2 teams AND take BYU, that means either UC or Houston gets left out. I don't even want to think about it.

Comment

• You got to relax dude. This is nothing more than a play to limit the amount of teams leaving the aac to keep it's low cost contract in place for the network while allowing the big 12 to go to a workable number(12 or 14). Espn does not want to pay a big number of schools(say 3) what they pay for big 12 schools. I don't think they have a choice though, and fortunately it looks like we may be the one school from what i've heard that is/has gotten out. Think positive,.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                    Chip Brown on with @ClayTravis said ESPN wants BYU but the votes are likely there only for Houston and Cincinnati.

I'm starting to get this uneasy feeling that UC's expansion hopes could be jettisoned again because of network demands. If the above is true.....look out. If the Big12 cuts a deal with ESPN to limit expansion to just 2 teams AND take BYU, that means either UC or Houston gets left out. I don't even want to think about it.
                    If it's true there's only two teams added, then it'll be BYU left out. UC is number 11. BYU only gets a nod if they have a travel partner, which mean only if they add four teams. I'm okay with whoever they take at 12 if UC is 11!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Mac View Post

For what its worth. Heard that an Ultimate Jet Charter from Cincy, with UC as the charterer, left Wednesday for flight to Dallas Love Airport. Returned from Dallas last night arriving at approx. 9:30 pm. More fuel for the fire?

John

Was there an AAU basketball event in the Dallas area during that time frame? Perhaps Mick was down there viewing players. (That's just a thought. Hopefully, B12 negotiations ran long. That was a five-day period. Seems a tad long for this kind of negotiation.)

Comment

• University and AD folks at UC have been told not to comment.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• UC has proven that within a couple of years in a power conference (Big East) that they can climb to the top. I have seen articles about how UC has a losing record against teams like WVU and Pitt but in the last couple of years in the Big East, UC won those games. I hear how UL is so good and a deserving member of a P5 group but they are the same as UC. I am tired of hearing that if a name of an University is the name of a City, then they are undeserving of a P5 group. But how about Pitt, UL, Miami, Syracuse, Boston, etc. It only seems to apply if the name is Cincinnati. I hear that Texas has the brand name but they have been irrelevant for years. I also say that with a P5 affiliation, UC could be competing for the Big 12 championship within 4 years. We have a better recruiting area than any school in the Big 12 not located in Texas.

Most of the other competing schools for inclusion into the Big 12 have been commenting as well as their local papers. UC has been silent as well as the enquirer. I would expect the enquirer to be silent because, well they are typically silent with regards to positive UC news. I see the silence as a good thing.

Comment

• Jason Williams on Twitter: "@TheReal_DNewm ESPN likes UC. Actually likes UC more than any other expansion candidate, per source close to Big 12 presidents"

Comment

• Never expected to see this.
                              Ohio Gov. John Kasich has asked the Big 12 Conference to invite the University of Cincinnati to join the league. 

Comment

• Yeah, I was about to post the same thing... big surprise

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X