Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Swaim ever called anything correctly before? Sounds like a clickbait even though plausible. This ACC doom isn't going to happen anytime soon

Comment

• I have a bad feeling about all of this. Maybe it’s my paranoia getting the best of me. But I see this resulting in dilution of the BigXII to where the advantage of being invited to the conference will be nullified. It will become the Power 2 or 3 and that won’t include the BigXII. It will be like being in the American all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
        I have a bad feeling about all of this. Maybe it’s my paranoia getting the best of me. But I see this resulting in dilution of the BigXII to where the advantage of being invited to the conference will be nullified. It will become the Power 2 or 3 and that won’t include the BigXII. It will be like being in the American all over again.
        You have the same pessimism that I have. We could just as easily be left out if there is a seismic shift in college athletics. I don't think this big shift will happen yet but will come down the road when the Big 10 and SEC eventually try to break off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          Has Swaim ever called anything correctly before? Sounds like a clickbait even though plausible. This ACC doom isn't going to happen anytime soon

No, he hasn’t. He also predicted today that the SEC would drop UK apparently and everybody’s mad at him now. I blocked him years ago, he’s not credible.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• @RossDellenger
            This timing could be an issue for expansion target San Diego State. As was in our story y'day (https://bit.ly/42U1cZJ), to join the Pac-12 in 2024, Aztecs need to give MWC notice by June 30 or their exit fee of ~$17M triples in cost. This delay could push their entrance to 2025

Comment

• I think that this is the most honest article about the ACC that is out there. I basically says that the ACC is not going anywhere and even if the schools could get out, there is no place for them to go. ACC schools can daydream about leaving league, but there's nowhere to go and no way to get there (msn.com)

Comment

• ESPN article is downplaying the ACC drama. Of course they are, they want to keep that cheap TV deal going as long as they can. But I don't think the ACC is going anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ribution-model

Comment

• You can add the Big 12 and UCONN to the rumor mill.

https://www.outkick.com/big-12-uconn...terest-report/

Comment

• I do not think that UConn will want to leave the Big East. Sure, more money and a home for their football team but it just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Also, the PAC is promising more access to players and coaches during games. Even soundless cameras from the coaches booth.

Comment

• B1G having some tv contractual issues.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...es-uncertainty
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• So the league want all members to have a prime time game in November, but TV really only wants Ohio State or Michigan in those games. Really chokes me up.

Comment

• ESPN out of negotiations with PAC12 (again) ... https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/espns-...in-2025-or-26/

Smaller media deal seeming more likely by the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                            I do not think that UConn will want to leave the Big East. Sure, more money and a home for their football team but it just doesn't make sense from their perspective.

Also, the PAC is promising more access to players and coaches during games. Even soundless cameras from the coaches booth.
                            This is a complete lift by Kliavkoff from what Yormark had planned to do for the BIg 12. He's just playing copy cat.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Wazzu's Department of Athletics is in a financial bind, largely because of the PACN overpayments by Comcast. From Brett McMurphy:

Washington State president Kirk Schulz says WSU athletics will have “temporary freeze on all current & future vacant positions until further review, as well as a pause on non-essential travel, purchases & new professional development” because of “significant decrease in Pac-12 revenue distribution as result of overpayments from one of the conference media partners that must be resolved. Relocation of the Pac‑12 headquarters out of San Francisco exceeded budget projections as well. Additionally, WSU projects that Cougar Athletics exceeded its expenditures for the year due to inadequate documentation of revenues and expenses.”

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X