This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cinmike View Post
    A name I haven’t heard is Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina. They just got done playing today, maybe he is the dark horse they were waiting to finish out the regular season.
    Originally posted by Crusher58 View Post

cinmike I think you’re getting warm
    I think Chadwell would be a homerun hire at this point. Gino can stay or go, hope he stays, but Jamey will get it done.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Not only is Gino out but sounds like he's not staying for the bowl game per Justin WIliams
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Not only is Gino out but sounds like he's not staying for the bowl game per Justin WIliams
        Gino is making a huge mistake by not staying for the bowl game. He is NOT that hot of a commodity, and I hope he enjoys the pay cut when he ends up as the OC at a mid level MAC school.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Not that I can confirm this but it looks Sherrone Moore the Michigan OC might be in play as well.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• For those hoping for Chadwell. He's off to Liberty
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I wonder how many coaches are turned off by Cunningham’s handling of the Brannen situation. At the time, there were reports of Fickell reaching out to Brannen to offer support. Brannen also sued and won for wrongful termination.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
                I wonder how many coaches are turned off by Cunningham’s handling of the Brannen situation. .
                An interesting question. Coaches don't like getting fired. They definitely don't like getting fired and the school doesn't pay out their deal unless you sue.

Have to wonder if that isn't an open question. Maybe because UC is going to new league, why take the risk and then the AD doesn't want t pay your deal if you get canned.

Regardless of how you feel about Brannen, there are down stream consequences to how it all got handled (or maybe mis-handled).

Comment

• For what this is worth (please, no hateful responses), but I heard from an assistant Colerain FB coach, who heard it from somebody else, that KC is the leading contender, and an announcement will be forthcoming. Again, probably not much value, as it is hearsay, but the Colerain coaches all remain in contact w/ KC and his people.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatJon View Post
                    I wonder how many coaches are turned off by Cunningham’s handling of the Brannen situation. At the time, there were reports of Fickell reaching out to Brannen to offer support. Brannen also sued and won for wrongful termination.
                    Brannen didn't "win" his lawsuit. A compromise settlement was reached between the parties with no admission of wrongdoing by UC. There is a material difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                      For what this is worth (please, no hateful responses), but I heard from an assistant Colerain FB coach, who heard it from somebody else, that KC is the leading contender, and an announcement will be forthcoming. Again, probably not much value, as it is hearsay, but the Colerain coaches all remain in contact w/ KC and his people.

B.C.
                      That is horrible if true. We will be bottom dwellers in the Big12 because I don't have any confidence in Coombs. He is good as a recruiter of Cincinnati and being an assistant but not Big 12 caliber especially for his first head coaching job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                        For what this is worth (please, no hateful responses), but I heard from an assistant Colerain FB coach, who heard it from somebody else, that KC is the leading contender, and an announcement will be forthcoming. Again, probably not much value, as it is hearsay, but the Colerain coaches all remain in contact w/ KC and his people.

B.C.
                        If Coombs gets an effective OC and DC to join his staff, I'd be OK with this. It allows some stability and there is comfort level for the players with Coombs. But, those are pretty big conditions.

Comment

• Hindsight...maybe we should've been looking for a new AD after CFP last year with Luke euther a candidate or biggest contributor to process.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Really hope we are all going to be surprised and excited for the hire. If it's KC Cunningham needs to be fired. Why wouldn't we get Golesh otherwise. There's no way he turned us down for USF

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                              Hindsight...maybe we should've been looking for a new AD after CFP last year with Luke euther a candidate or biggest contributor to process.
                              I understand everyone is growing impatient, which is understandable considering the stakes. But, the timing of this search was unfortunate and really left Cunningham in a difficult position. That falls squarely on Fickell, whether intentional or not. I also think that because of the importance of this hire, the fact that Cunningham is proceeding diligently is just as important. I believe the search will conclude in 24-48 hours. The more antsy we become will not rush this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                                I think the jury’s still out on Cunningham’s last hire.
                                you think !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X