Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ "Latest" from Justin Williams https://theathletic.com/3956543/2022...aching-search/

Premium article, but note that the Kent State coach's photo was used with the article. So he's at least a name to consider. Sean Lewis.

Comment

• Brian Hartline tweets he does not plan to leave OSU
      https://twitter.com/brianhartline/st...C8weiZzK4sAAAA

I guess read into that if you'd like. He says "right now... I do not have any plans to go anywhere else" (versus: "I will be back at Ohio State")

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        $ "Latest" from Justin Williams https://theathletic.com/3956543/2022...aching-search/

Premium article, but note that the Kent State coach's photo was used with the article. So he's at least a name to consider. Sean Lewis.
        I'm not on the payroll, but I'm very happy with my all-access subscription to NYT.com. For $25/month I get the online newspaper and all the premium services, including The Athletic, games and the food offerings (recipes mainly). I'm retired so I can get my money's worth.

Comment

• Yahoo posted an article from The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel regarding Fickell and assistants. https://www.yahoo.com/news/luke-fick...233903748.html

One obstacle for Gino is that the players would pick him. That almost never seems to make a difference. In fact, being too friendly with the players might be a negative for a HC.
          Last edited by Carin's Dad; 12-01-2022, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• I hope we’re not down to interviewing MAC or Sunbelt coaches….Yuk! I hope DC Minter gets a look, he has good family stock and has been mentored (no pun) by Harbaugh
            getting interesting……

Comment

• I like the idea of trying to retain Gino as Ast Coach or OC. Let him learn for another 4-5 years (hopefully longer) under the new coach; acting as HC in waiting.
              I thought we had that with Freeman but we couldnt compete with ND on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

That comment concerned Gino and his getting Prather ready. It was in the pericope of the posts and, about Gino. Sorry if you misunderstood the context. Now with that in mind, did Gino have Prather ready. Afterall, Gino coached him for two years and Prather was the highest ranked recruit. The posts right after my post understood and we commented in context. Again, sorry for confusion.

Here is my post answering your post in context
                people hate change and love the known. Gino is not qualified for this job. ****, he’s not qualified to be offensive coordinator at Wisconsin.

One question. Did anyone think Evan Prather was ready last Friday?
                again sorry for the confusion
                At first I thought it was a typo, but could we please spell Evan Prater's name correctly? It is not Prather.....it's Prater.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Brian Hartline tweets he does not plan to leave OSU
                  https://twitter.com/brianhartline/st...C8weiZzK4sAAAA

I guess read into that if you'd like. He says "right now... I do not have any plans to go anywhere else" (versus: "I will be back at Ohio State")
                  tOSU stepped up I hear and he knows the future. His present is well funded as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

At first I thought it was a typo, but could we please spell Evan Prater's name correctly? It is not Prather.....it's Prater.
                    thanks for the help. Now do you think Gino had Prater ready after 2 years in the system. If not, perhaps Gino needs more seasoning before he becomes a HC.

Comment

thanks for the help. Now do you think Gino had Prater ready after 2 years in the system. If not, perhaps Gino needs more seasoning before he becomes a HC.
                      Given the timing, and injury, yes I think Prater was ready to play the toughest defense in the AAC. He didn't make any mistakes that cost us the game. He had some throws well defended. Yeah, he missed a couple throws, but he made a bunch of good throws too. He suffered same malady as Bryant, too many dropped passes on the good throws. His only INT was tipped ball, though also worst decision as threw into zone coverage. He had several downs where he threw the ball away instead of forcing it, and those runs were pretty spectacular. Give him 15 bowl practices, plus this past week, Spring ball, Fall camp, and he will show major improvements. Prater is a special kid. The Green Wave defense wasn't Michigan or Georgia, but they are the class of the AAC. I think Gino had Evan as ready as Fick would let him. Please consider, an earlier observaton in another post (or maybe I made it on FB). The Bearcats seemed to be better on 3rd down than any other down. They didn't make every 3rd down because they were so bad on 1st and 2nd downs. It could be that Fick only let Gino open up the offense or take chances on 3rd down.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Probably dictated by state law, but Wisc. has posted job openings for several new staff members, including both OC and DC.

Deion Sanders is apparently deciding between Colorado, USF and Cincinnati.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...mb_loc=right_h
                        Last edited by Carin's Dad; 12-01-2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

He was not prepared, unfortunately. Either that, or he was overrated to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

He was not prepared, unfortunately. Either that, or he was overrated to begin with.
                            Very good points.He has been in the system two years now. I expected him to be the starter sometime during the year and not because of an injury. Give the new HC time, but I didn't see BIG 12 on Friday. On second thought he deserves a chance with a new HC. Perhaps LF was into the win big without development for the future as he knew he was going. Regardless I wonder about Gino, except that he would have had to do what the HC dictated. Still, I didn't see much development from the highest rated recruit in program history. Who developed Desmond Ridder.
                            Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-01-2022, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Everything going in the Sean Lewis direction right now from the chatter.

For those unaware he’s the HC at Kent and runs the Briles’ family offensive scheme which would play really well in the Big XII.

Past stop at Syracuse under Dino Babers

Ironically, he played college football at Wisconsin.

He’s 36
                              Last edited by Lobot; 12-01-2022, 05:25 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Everything going in the Sean Lewis direction right now from the chatter.
                                YGBSM. Although we've had good luck with MAC coaches, his record at Kent State is only 24-31 and was only 5-7 this season.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X