This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Buffalo’s Mo Linguist in the mix, per newest update from Justin Williams of The Athletic

Good background and sounds like a good recruiter. Not very eye-popping two years at UB. Bowling this year though.
    he was fired with the cowboys stayed at Michigan for 3 months. Of course he took the HC job because it was his alma Matre. Why wouldn't he stay then at UB. I am not thrilled

Comment

• Unless something new emerges. Hire Coombs. Lowball him a bit $ wise (he ain't going anywhere). Take the $ you save there and overpay for the best OC and DC you can find. Hopefully in a couple years one of those guys rises to where you make him Associate HC and a year or so after that HC. Give Coombs a graceful exit (make a consultant or something).

A win for all. Coombs gets HC $, we get to try out some of these hot shot coordinators before making one HC. Spike the ball and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post
        Unless something new emerges. Hire Coombs. Lowball him a bit $ wise (he ain't going anywhere). Take the $ you save there and overpay for the best OC and DC you can find. Hopefully in a couple years one of those guys rises to where you make him Associate HC and a year or so after that HC. Give Coombs a graceful exit (make a consultant or something).

A win for all. Coombs gets HC $, we get to try out some of these hot shot coordinators before making one HC. Spike the ball and move on.
        KC remains for his Ohio pension among many things, but it is a major consideration.

Comment

• Not serious and no believable sources, but why are bcj followers promoting Chip Kelly as candidate? That isn't plausible to me
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I think Chadwell would be a homerun hire at this point. Gino can stay or go, hope he stays, but Jamey will get it done.
            Chadwell to Liberty.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
              Not serious and no believable sources, but why are bcj followers promoting Chip Kelly as candidate? That isn't plausible to me
              He has a reputation of being an outstanding offensive coach? Have not heard his name associated with the search.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Chadwell to Liberty.
                That’s unfortunate for UC. He would have been a solid hire for UC and Liberty takes advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  For what this is worth (please, no hateful responses), but I heard from an assistant Colerain FB coach, who heard it from somebody else, that KC is the leading contender, and an announcement will be forthcoming. Again, probably not much value, as it is hearsay, but the Colerain coaches all remain in contact w/ KC and his people.

B.C.
                  Maybe they're hoping he comes back to Colerain to their open HC.

Comment

• I am sorta dismayed. I thought we may have heard something before the BB game. Recruiting and the portal are in play or will be very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                      I am sorta dismayed. I thought we may have heard something before the BB game. Recruiting and the portal are in play or will be very soon.
                      I’m actually encouraged by this. To me, it means Cunningham is still trying to find the best fit and is not settling for those who did not have conference championship games. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

KC remains for his Ohio pension among many things, but it is a major consideration.
                        KC has already maxed out his Ohio Pension, which is somewhere around $400K max per year a retiree can get. He has close to 38 years in his fund, and they take the average of the top 5 years salary (used to be 3 years, not 35 years like Social Security). Without the max, my guess would be that he would be getting around $650K per year in Ohio pension... all which started with him making $21K per year as a HS teacher and assistant coach.

B.C.
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

KC has already maxed out his Ohio Pension, which is somewhere around $400K max per year a retiree can get. He has close to 38 years in his fund, and they take the average of the top 5 years salary (used to be 3 years, not 35 years like Social Security). Without the max, my guess would be that he would be getting around $650K per year in Ohio pension... all which started with him making $21K per year as a HS teacher and assistant coach.

B.C.
                          good for him but a HC will make more hopefully

Comment

• I’m hearing the search is over but UC has not named its selection. FWIW.

Comment

• Someone has been offered. Report: Bearcats Offered Head Football Coaching Position (msn.com)

Comment

• I’d think if it were Combs, they woulda named him
                                by now ?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X