Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only rumors we have are these awful MAC coaches that nobody wants. I'd rather just have Gino... especially since he is bailing now. Really hope it's Urban Meyer and just a big secret at this point... but if it was him there wouldn't be any reason to wait unless they are working on contract details.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I’m actually encouraged by this. To me, it means Cunningham is still trying to find the best fit and is not settling for those who did not have conference championship games. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
      It could also mean that the nationwide search turned up nothing better than Coombs. Perhaps that is what Gino got upset about. It it could also account for no news leaking out from a possible hire. It's easier to control the information with an in house hire.

Comment

• To be honest, I don’t think Urban would want to
        come at this time. He’d want to vie for NC &
        UC is gonna struggle in Big 12 for a couple years
        even if CLF had stayed. Just normal acclimation
        period, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          only rumors we have are these awful MAC coaches that nobody wants. I'd rather just have Gino... especially since he is bailing now. Really hope it's Urban Meyer and just a big secret at this point... but if it was him there wouldn't be any reason to wait unless they are working on contract details.
          I agree I would hate to think we took a week and couldn't do better than Mo or Lewis. Lots of desireable guys were scooped up this week.
          I am hoping maybe its Minter and couldn't start talking until their game was over. Keep hearing Chip Kelly rumblings which seems very unlikely to me. Again ....NO to Urban.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I agree I would hate to think we took a week and couldn't do better than Mo or Lewis. Lots of desireable guys were scooped up this week.
            I am hoping maybe its Minter and couldn't start talking until their game was over. Keep hearing Chip Kelly rumblings which seems very unlikely to me. Again ....NO to Urban.
            I am with you. I like Minter, but I also liked his dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              This is a curious report. It can’t be Coombs because I believe he would want the position. Same reason it’s not Guidugli. If Sanders had not already accepted Colorado, it might make sense that it’s him. It might be Urban. I have to believe it can’t be either Candle or Lewis, because it seems they would want the job. So, that leaves Hartline. It’s his if he wants it, but he hasn’t accepted it yet because he does not want to leave tO$U. We’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

• This is more nerve racking and monotonous than the bball hire two years ago.

Comment

• Remember that when CLF was hired, he started the UC recruiting and calming existing players while he was still coaching tosu getting ready for their bowl.

Comment

• Any smoke from the chimney?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crusher58 View Post
                      Any smoke from the chimney?
                      No Divine intervention, unless they pull a Dallas rewind and say it was all a dream
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Remember that when CLF was hired, he started the UC recruiting and calming existing players while he was still coaching tosu getting ready for their bowl.
                        I think he had already agreed to become UC’s coach before the bowl, however. He just wanted to coach tO$U in the bowl.

Comment

• I wonder if everything was in order and the HC picked, due to recruiting, the announcement would have already been made. This is curious, but we might be happy. Then again, we might be pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                            I wonder if everything was in order and the HC picked, due to recruiting, the announcement would have already been made. This is curious, but we might be happy. Then again, we might be pissed.
                            More likely we'll be "meh".

Comment

• Dave Clawson? There is a flight scheduled to land at Lunken from Winston Salem.

Comment

• Yea I suspect it's going to be a hire that moves the emotion needle neither right or left. If who ever it is has to take time to decide then it probably wasnt' his dream job

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X