This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

He wasn't able to make adjustments last year at tOSU and that got him fired. Plus his hand picked players are not up to what he picked previously. I want him as an assistant only.
    That new defensive coordinator at OSU really got the job done against UM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

That new defensive coordinator at OSU really got the job done against UM.
      That is true but he played with KC players except the one safety. They didn't seem to have the talent of the ones KC picked 10 years ago. Of course one of the CBs said he was going pro last week and was beaten like a drum. In one of my prior posts, I acknowledged the failure last Saturday with the new DC. I would give him a chance to get his players. Of course he only has a year left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Jalapeno View Post
        Tom Herman HC
        Jim Leonard DC

This would be a home run. Leonhard is a Fickell Clone. DC who took over an impossible situation, loved by players and fans... and booted to the side. Could take over once Herman leaves.
        I wasn't impressed by what Herman did while at Texas. (Sounds as though he treated Texas like Tuberville treated Cincinnati/OH) I'd rather see Matt Campbell (HC experience, a winner, good recruiter, Ohio roots), especially if they could also get Brian Hartline as OC.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

I wasn't impressed by what Herman did while at Texas. (Sounds as though he treated Texas like Tuberville treated Cincinnati/OH) I'd rather see Matt Campbell (HC experience, a winner, good recruiter, Ohio roots), especially if they could also get Brian Hartline as OC.
          Campbell's record at ISU is an impressive 46-40.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcated View Post
            UC has become a perennial team in the rankings and made the CFP last year (something Wisconsin has never done). UC should be able to select from proven coaches with HC experience. They should no longer have to be 'reaching' for assistants and hope they can do the HC job.
            I would not be so quick to discount either Jesse Minter or Brian Hartline for that reasoning. Some guy at The Ohio State University is doing okay in his first head coaching job.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

From the AP https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...d-colorado-job

BOULDER, Colo. -- Deion Sanders said Monday that a report stating Colorado has offered him its head coaching job is true and he has also received interest from other schools.

The Jackson State coach didn't say whether he's considering any of the opportunities, including trying to turn around the Buffaloes' beleaguered program.

Sanders didn't specify in a teleconference for the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game participants who else has reached out besides Colorado, saying, "I'm not going to sit here and tell all my business, but they're not the only ones."

Comment

From Bruce Feldman at the Athletic ($)
                https://theathletic.com/3945878/2022...shared_article

Comment

Fick interested in retaining Jim Leonhard, met with him last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bba_1979 View Post

Hartline isn't leaving Ohio State unless it's a head coach position.

Comment

From the new enquirer sports columnist earlier today:

Tom Herman & Matt Campbell very much in play for #Bearcats job, I’m told. Could be others, just names I’m hearing. Also:

— UC putting premium on head coaching experience

— Urban Meyer isn’t happening, for those fans who were dreaming of that

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                        Fick interested in retaining Jim Leonhard, met with him last night.
                        Maybe we offer him the job just to screw CLF?

Added - This is an interesting article about steppingstones in college football. Is the UC football head coach position a 'stepping stone' job? (wcpo.com)
                        Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-28-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

So, a list of all the names I’ve heard mentioned so far.

Matt Campbell, Iowa State HC
                          Jason Candle, Toledo HC
                          Curt Cignetti, James Madison HC
                          Kerry Coombs
                          Alex Golesh, Tennessee OC
                          Gino Guidugli
                          Brian Hartline, O$U WR Coach
                          Tom Herman
                          Matt House, LSU DC
                          Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin DC
                          Urban Meyer
                          Mike Mickens, DB’s ND
                          Jesse Minter, Michigan DC
                          Sherrone Moore, Michigan OC
                          Deion Sanders, Jackson State HC
                          Mike Tressel
                          Kevin Wilson, O$U OC
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 11-29-2022, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I live in TN. What Heupel and Golesh have done at UT in a short amount of time has been amazing. Transfer portal additions, player development, up tempo offense. Makes you wonder why VA Tech didn't see the potential of Hooker, and now the Hokie program is a dumpster fire. Golesh is from Dublin, OH via Russia - don't know about his high school recruiting ability or if he can be a head coach but his offense would be fun to watch. Heupel is on record as saying he does not want Golesh going anywhere.

Wasn't Sean Lewis a hot commodity just a couple of years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                              So, a list of all the names I’ve heard mentioned so far.

Matt Campbell, Iowa State HC
                              Jason Candle, Toledo HC
                              Curt Cignetti, James Madison HC
                              Kerry Coombs
                              Alex Golesh, Tennessee OC
                              Gino Guidugli
                              Brian Hartline, O$U WR Coach
                              Tom Herman
                              Matt House, LSU DC
                              Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin DC
                              Urban Meyer
                              Mike Mickens, DB’s ND
                              Jesse Minter, Michigan DC
                              Sherrone Moore, Michigan OC
                              Deion Sanders, Jackson State HC
                              Mike Tressel
                              Kevin Wilson, O$U OC
                              I'd like to see Mickens back in Clifton as DC or associate head coach with a guy like Campbell, Hartline, Minter, Deion, or Golesh.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I'd like to see Mickens back in Clifton as DC or associate head coach with a guy like Campbell, Hartline, Minter, Deion, or Golesh.
                                That would be a great thing. Was one of my all time favorites and obviously he can coach. Having gone to Wayne, he knows the area. Would need a coach familiar with northern Ohio as Mike, KC and Gino know the south. Who was the main recruiter for the guys from Ironton.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X