This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

That would be a great thing. Was one of my all time favorites and obviously he can coach. Having gone to Wayne, he knows the area. Would need a coach familiar with northern Ohio as Mike, KC and Gino know the south. Who was the main recruiter for the guys from Ironton.
    I do not know who was main recruiter for Ironton area. I know Brady has went to Wisconsin with Luke, are we thinking the current assistants would stick around or be asked back if thay don't also move to Madison? I hope Gino stays in some capacity (QB coach), but not OC. Honestly, Gino is the only one I hope we keep, nothing against any others.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Would these coaches get a look? Both have had success at big programs…….
      Dan Mullen
      Bill O’Brien

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
        Dan Mullen
        Bill O’Brien
        would love O'Brien. He took the Penn State mess and cleaned it up before he jumped to the pros, but he was open.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I do not know who was main recruiter for Ironton area. I know Brady has went to Wisconsin with Luke, are we thinking the current assistants would stick around or be asked back if thay don't also move to Madison? I hope Gino stays in some capacity (QB coach), but not OC. Honestly, Gino is the only one I hope we keep, nothing against any others.
          Walter Stewart as the d-line coach would be a keeper in my opinion. Have to find a role for Coombs too.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
            Dan Mullen
            Bill O’Brien
            Retreads on the way down.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

One name that interests me is Diaz, the DC from PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                One name that interests me is Diaz, the DC from PSU.
                21-15 at Miami, recruiting in hometown, and then they fired him to get Mario Cristobal ... eh

Oh yeah, and he was an assistant at Miami before that, left to take the Temple job, and then almost immediately left for Miami... not saying he's a bad guy, but just optically seems like there should be better options
                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-29-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I've seen a few Urban Meyer articles pop up today... I mean it would make sense, but would he even still be a successful coach? Would recruits still want to play for him after his NFL embarassments?

Comment

Tony Pike and Mo Eggar weigh in on Deon.... UC Football Legend Weighs In On Bearcats Coaching Search (msn.com)
                    There are also a few links embedded in the article.

Comment

If we are making predictions, my guesses are Matt Campbell, Jesse Minter, or Mike Denbrock.

Campbell: Recruits Cincinnati well, from Ohio, B12 experience … might be a lateral move but more money. Not really a “big splash” for recruits though.

Minter: Love bringing the program back around again to a Minter. Coaching his father’s team I think he would be committed and do well. Recruitment is my biggest worry along with the no “big splash” factor.

Denbrock: Coming back to Cincy and a great offensive mind for an offensive minded conference. I worry that this isn’t a big enough splash for recruits and his long term loyalty to the program.

Brian Hartline is probably the wild card, in my opinion. Same good\bad as Denbrock.

Comment

You want to make a splash hire? Deion is your guy. Not only would pretty much every decommitted recruit recommit, every transfer portal player would come back and new recruits would also come forth. I doubt it will happen but that would be an exciting hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                          I've seen a few Urban Meyer articles pop up today... I mean it would make sense, but would he even still be a successful coach? Would recruits still want to play for him after his NFL embarassments?
                          I don’t know about Urban. In some ways it makes sense. In others, it does not. I’m also not sure he would make as big of a splash as one might think. He would not be my first choice, but not my last either.

Comment

Jeff Simon at ESPN is reporting that we're that we've narrowed it down to Herman, Hartline and Deion Sanders. I'm not familiar with Simon so I'm not sure how accurate this is. One thing's for sure. Either the Toledo Blade guy is wrong about Tom Herman or Jeff Simon is.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Jeff Simon at ESPN is reporting that we're that we've narrowed it down to Herman, Hartline and Deion Sanders. I'm not familiar with Simon so I'm not sure how accurate this is. One thing's for sure. Either the Toledo Blade guy is wrong about Tom Herman or Jeff Simon is.
                              I saw that last night too. I searched the ESPN web site and couldn’t find him, and checking some of his previous tweets he seems to be wrong most of the time. I can’t figure how a guy like him could have any inside information. Also found it odd that a guy supposedly working for ESPN wouldn’t lay out $8 for checkmark.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                I saw that last night too. I searched the ESPN web site and couldn’t find him, and checking some of his previous tweets he seems to be wrong most of the time. I can’t figure how a guy like him could have any inside information. Also found it odd that a guy supposedly working for ESPN wouldn’t lay out $8 for checkmark.
                                Here's his Twitter bio.

Jeff Simon. @JeffSimonESPN. Senior Sports Analyst & Insider for. @espn . Avid sports gambler and father of 2. Journalist Los Angeles, CA Born 1966 Joined ...
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X