Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of talk about splash. Splash would be great, as long as there's substance to go along with the splash. The Tuberville hire had plenty of splash, but was a disaster.

Comment

I'll take any of the 3, but I would like the Toledo coach or Minter as well. Prime would be a splash especially when he brings prime Jr. Of course that would be doing to his current school what I don't like happening to UC - robbing players, but a son I can see.

Comment

I like the three guys mentioned. Slightest of tangents. Are there any G5 head coaches we could go after as OC or DC? Mike Houston at ECU comes to mind as one I wouldn't mind having on staff, if we bump up the staff pool. He is only making $1.5 million, and his teams are a tough out, though not getting the wins. Jeff Traylor is another. You cannot have too much experience, especially if a guy like Deion gets the job. His personality would outshine any ego issues, and these guys could use this as stop to P5 job while getting better pay.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Here's his Twitter bio.

Jeff Simon. @JeffSimonESPN. Senior Sports Analyst & Insider for. @espn . Avid sports gambler and father of 2. Journalist Los Angeles, CA Born 1966 Joined ...
          And he shares a profile pic with a deceased French businessman named Claude Dauphin

#FakeNews

Comment

Didn't t I read on this board that Primetime was off the board because he's offered and accepted the Colorado ?

Comment

Deion was offered the Colorado position. Has not accepted but also says he has other offers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him stay at Jackson St. . It’s not like he needs the money
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Fritz and GT did not happen. GT will hire interim Brent Key
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

And he shares a profile pic with a deceased French businessman named Claude Dauphin

#FakeNews
                  Sure is. That’s just weird
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not a big fan of the 'flavor of the week' hot assistant approach. UC had to go that road years ago. The program is in a very different place now.

Nothing against a guy like Hartline. He may end up being all the hype. Right now only 4 years as a coach and no HC experience. Kinda thin resume wise.

I prefer someone with HC experience who is still young enough to care (versus a throne sitter like Tuberville). Hermann would be fine by me.
                    Last edited by bearcated; 11-29-2022, 04:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• What the heck...
                      Why not Brian Flores (likely available) or Eric Bieniemy (likely too long of a time table to wait)? Either would be a splash hire... No idea if they'd consider college coaching

Yes... Ideally someone w/ successful HC experience that can recruit is ideal... But the new 3rd rail of necessity is whether we have enough donors funding NIL $'s to hang with the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post
                        Not a big fan of the 'flavor of the week' hot assistant approach. UC had to go that road years ago. The program is in a very different place now.

Nothing against a guy like Hartline. He may end up being all the hype. Right now only 4 years as a coach and no HC experience. Kinda thin resume wise.

I prefer someone with HC experience who is still young enough to care (versus a throne sitter like Tuberville). Hermann would be fine by me.
                        Hartline is one of the names most intriguing to me.

Many of us on here do not care for OSU and were quite pleased with the results from last Saturday. But we also can understand that OSU is one of the two or three biggest programs in the country. And part of Luke's success at UC was his experience in and around Ohio State (sort of like what we hope Wes Miller is bringing to UC from his North Carolina days). Hartline knows how a big program operates. He is heavily involved with recruiting. He is from Ohio. He has played in the NFL. And he can hire good/experienced coordinators. ... Flipping sports, I'm still skeptical as to how good a coach Juwan Howard is at Michigan. But he's made an Elite Eight and a Sweet 16, and a big factor in that was him hiring Phil Martelli as an assistant. A young Hartline w/o HC experience can still have an experienced staff.... And, like Fickell, but even more so with the way the portal works today, you better believe he could be bringing in some OSU transfers in a couple years (and others whom he recruited while on staff at OSU).

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcated View Post

HC experience may not be all it is cracked up to be. Both NFL and NCAA are going with younger, innovative guys, who can both relate to student-athletes and throw something new at the old-timers. Ryan Day is in his first HC job too.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Interesting note. If Herman comes his recruited QB who started 4 games this year at Texas and was the 59th ranked #2 Pass/run QB went to the portal today. Just a wild hare chase but.

Comment

• I posted the above because I want a positive future for the Cats and the last few days have not been much. On to better things. Herman could work with Prather and he did recruit Joey B. to tOSU and I believe he would have started if Herman was still the OC there. I just want a new coach and a look to the future.

Comment

• I have to go first with an up and coming offensive mind like a Hartline or Golesh at Tennessee. The more I read from fans etc. On Golesh is he is the brains behind Huepel. Head coaching experience is overrated if you build your staff right. Recruiting is critical at a place like UC which gives the edge to Hartline for obvious reasons. However Golesh offense is gonna attract.kids.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X